It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Man Burns his own Passport in Front of Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
What got me the most... Was that when he told the cops he loved them they said it back....

I am having trouble picturing a cop in the US responding in such a way....

Verbal Judo. It's called disempowering your attacker. It can come in handy and there are many ways to do it. For example if you're having an arguement with your wife it can be a clever thing to make sure you cry first as it leaves her with nowhere to go.

edit on 27-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
well i guess for all you passport hating people who are american, you should just let all the mexicans in... after all they are the same class as you, they are non violent, cause no trouble whatsoever and are not going to use your tax funded schools and other services...

open the floodgates! let the africans, mexicans, eastern europeans, and ESPECIALLY middle-eastern and south east asians into the US... they wouldn't need a passport, they are ALL just like you and me!

idiots...

And they break a law just by being there in the first place. Why do people not get that?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by steveknows
The passport he burned doesn't belong to him it belongs to the government. He probably just broke alot of laws with that one

Who does the government belong to again?

Try breaking some ferderal law and see if the government belongs to the people.

I break federal laws almost daily actually, and I have only been arrested once, and it was a felony charge, but I got the charges dropped because I didn't do what they charged me for(don't ask).

Scoreboard:
Me as a human being: 4628(ish lol)
The feds: 1, but got overruled in my favor, so 0.

I let my own morals guide me(and believe me, I have strong values and faith in God which comes before my US citizenship), I break laws whenever I want if I know I am not actually doing something wrong and don't think I'll get caught. I respect others' rights and give back to my community as well (by my own free will of course).

They can put me in jail or even kill me, but I don't really care, my faith and values can never be taken away from me and that defines who I am.
edit on 26-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

Why did you have to go and say don't ask? It's like trying to not jump cracks.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

well i guess for all you passport hating people who are american, you should just let all the mexicans in... after all they are the same class as you, they are non violent, cause no trouble whatsoever and are not going to use your tax funded schools and other services...

open the floodgates! let the africans, mexicans, eastern europeans, and ESPECIALLY middle-eastern and south east asians into the US... they wouldn't need a passport, they are ALL just like you and me!

idiots...

Sounds like there are some racist undertones in this posts. I hope you are joking.

"they are ALL just like you and me!" Well they are indeed exactlly like us because they are human, I have been to third world countries including in Africa, I plan on moving to Mozambique one day to start a nonprofit organization there. I have been to Morroco (a muslim country) for a month. The general population of every country is pretty normal people if you can take off you lens of racism and imagine yourself growing up they way they did and treat your fellow man as you would your friends and family. Karma is only a b# if you are one.

60,000 dead in Mexico as the result of the American war on drugs. 1 mili dead in Iraq for... well the answer is clear, just read Halliburnton's bio on wikipedia.

We owe the world. Our military industrial complex has enslave the rest of the world too long.
edit on 27-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

it was extreme sarcasm to illustrate the stupidity and idiocy of people who say that passports are useless and have no place in this world, or in any world in fact... it was also extreme sarcasm to make sure those same stupid people understand what I'm saying...

it's plainly simple that passports and citizenship are necessary to make sure that people don't just go anywhere they want to use any resource for free while the local people pay for it, and/or agglomerate where it's more advantageous to the people without some form of accountability...
edit on 11/11/27 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

reply to post by CREAM

it was extreme sarcasm to illustrate the stupidity and idiocy of people who say that passports are useless and have no place in this world, or in any world in fact... it was also extreme sarcasm to make sure those same stupid people understand what I'm saying...

it's plainly simple that passports and citizenship are necessary to make sure that people don't just go anywhere they want to use any resource for free while the local people pay for it, and/or agglomerate where it's more advantageous to the people without some form of accountability...

Yeah, I noticed the sarcasm, you don't have to explain. It came across as very racist to me.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

"Emotions do not cloud judgment(well, in extremes they can, especially when the emotions are negative), "

Extreme cases lol . Not sure what rock your living under.

"aren't there for no reason"

Never said they had no reason. There is a place and time for it .

" I believe emotions come from our subconscious which does a lot more thinking and calculations than our conscious minds can even comprehend. "

Yea , for me its just neurons making connections to differnt parts of the brain , triggered by enviromental factors and biolgical triggers

"this guy seems the type of guy that would get along with those people."

yea new age hippies get along with anyone , give them a BLUNT , feed them some lets love the "light" and your game

"Hell, I bet he is a good singer or dancer, I am sure he would be a good candidate for many fields. Also seems like he would probably be good with children, "

Im sure we can see his value now where he does belong.

"like a kindergarten teacher or something"

Uhh...i would have hard time letting him near children.

"We need people like him."

No we don't. I can live by life just fine without the emotinaly driven pawns.

"About your precious economy which apparently is a higher priority than saving the "jolly" nature of humanity... "

You live in a time of abudance right now . You have no clue what sustainability , productivity and longtivity for future generations is .

Once your toys and luxurious are taking away you will understand the priority of not handing everything out like candy because of "humanity "

There are future generations that must beconsidered. Because your human you can bypass this ? Please . I consider humanity earths cancer. We've destroyed stolen messed with enough of earth and her resources.

"I have lived in the wilderness of Colorado before for 71 days straight during a therapeutic treatment program, it was like nature boot camp"

LOOOL 71 days. Walk in the park.

"The economy is nothing we need to worry about, if you've studied the federal reserve, you know all fiat currencies are bound to collapse within our lifetime anyway. Better sooner than later and letting our grandchildren deal with it."

Economy is nothing we need to worry about ? lol right...

I know about the fed reserve. I don't have to agree with the montary policys to understand the importance of a ECONOMY.

"And resource stretching? Give me a break. The consumerist materialistic economy you promote is the only thing stretching resources. This dude is not driving hummers and buying big screen TVs. The resources this man needs to be happy are far less than the average American"

Again you missed the point of my post . It was about having a passportless society and the economic , resource impacts of it .

You are thinking with too much emotion, Its why you miss the obvious points in my posts.

You see you have a problem with consequences and looking down the road , i don't blame you many new age tools are the same .

Emotional thinking. you bark , instead of speaking. Its a natural byproduct.

"Guys like him are no threat to you. He isn't asking for hand outs. That man is no consequence to you. If you don't want him in your home fine, but I welcome people like that into mine. "

But spreading new age ignorance is no threat either? Do you know what happens when broken ideas , mixed with half a s s solutions , + emtions + new age hippies = ? OWS

now what if they guy was to make his own type ows but a passport movement ? starts protesting ? more police? more damage? more tax payers dollars.

Im not sure why i have to spell it all out for you , But i understand consequences is not you cup of tea.

live in the now. Who cares abouto the future.

"Oh and...
Spreading ignorance? We have TVs that are spreading ignorance in every home all of the time, this man is no threat. I don't know what "ignorance" you are referring to, but to me it sounds like you are afraid of his ideas because he operates on a different polarity than you."

TV's spread information. Ignorance is believing everything you hear.

Afraid of his ideas? no just afraid of more people latching on the new age bs

"I may not agree with you, but I do agree you should be able to freely spread your ideas, just like this man should be able to. You on the other hand think he should be censored. That idea is so ridiculous I am almost convinced you are being sarcastic and facetious, but unfortunately I think you are being serious."

Manson wanted to spread his ideas , but ended up in jail .

Hitler wanted to spread his ideas and took over a country .

I am sure i don't need to go on . There are limits to how much ignorance you should be allowed to spread.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
"It appears you think this guy's ideas should be filtered because you think they could spread... Who the hell are you to stop him? Freedom is about freedom of expression and belief.. Whats the point of financial security when you can no longer have the basic security finances were meant to secure in the first place?"

he should be filtered out of the country , with his passportless ideology. You see everyone else obeys the laws of the passport and its country. But this man spits on its face. Thinking no passports is a good idea.

This is a very dangerous idea .

OWS is another example of lost souls that just bark with no solutions. Guys like this attract the more ignorant masses of society . Making his own full pledge lost movement. Just spreading the problems not fixing them

I have unicorns i would love to spread there existence. But only i can see them in special mountains .

Can you please get me access to the classroom so i can teach children this?

Come on freedom of speech man !

You have no clue about financial security nor its context.

""Meritless , baseless , just new age kumbaya" Thats what it seems like from the outside, but his logic makes sense to me... Your depressed attitude reminds me of my Atheist days, when I had no faith in humanity"

Of course it makes sense to you . I'm not surprised one bit. Its you and other members of soceity that eat up these baseless ideologies.

You only see it as depressed because your projecting your own feeligns onto others. But im very happy person and no not an athiest but nice try !

Not sure how we got into athiesm , but use reason and logic and it will help you nto to get side tracked. LIke we have so many times now ....But its okay i want to help your ignorance.

"If you really don't think his thoughts have any merit or base, I don't think you are able or have tried living life from that guys perspective"

Yea some would say the same about hitler.

"In your world of logic and filtered emotions, this song would not exist, because people like Bob would have been filtered. I do not want to live in your world. I would fight to the death before living in a world like that"

you don't need reason and logic to triamph emotins in music.

Music is purley a emotional trigger for the chemical reactions in the brain to make a cocktail of chemicals based on the notes rhythems, melodys etc... Don't confuse such things.

New age bs mixing music love harmoney ideologies tsk tsk...

"One last appropriate quote...

Aldous Huxley "The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age"

lol , your so out of tune , im not even sure why i bother replying to you .

You see forums like this takes reason and logic to debate points. Keep your emotions for karoke night and when your making love to your wife.

You know many people take headlines or watch a youtube video think they know , then they run with it and share with others spreading the ignorance. Its sadly what i believe fuels the ignorance of many OWS'ers , and new age hippies.

Its very dangerous but of course i don't expect you to see that consequences is not your strong suit.

Good luck !

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

reply to post by CREAM

Yeah, I noticed the sarcasm, you don't have to explain. It came across as very racist to me.

You wouldn't know sarcasm if it fell out of the sky and .....

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Lack of resolution and desire of perfection.Isn't that the way you are?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Notice the fearlessness and joy with which this man declares his personal freedom from all assigned labels.

I'd like to suggest that if he had done the same act with a mind and heart full of fear, the scenario would have played out much differently.

His frequency - his vibratory energy - created a good situation.

This is the true basis for YCYOR... it's a "feeling" thing, not so much an action thing.

edit on 27-11-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

he should be filtered out of the country , with his passportless ideology. You see everyone else obeys the laws of the passport and its country. But this man spits on its face. Thinking no passports is a good idea.

This was not about laws and passports.. this was about a man who realized he was more than just the names and numbers assigned to him...

You are trying to use logical arguments against something that was purely symbolic!

edit on 27-11-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join