It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Man Burns his own Passport in Front of Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Even if you think this man is crazy, he sounds pretty sane in his explanation.

When questioned on the motives of his actions, Ibby said the following. "There are no lizards aliens or satanic clowns running any governments or structures of "power", just a group of humans with the same identity crisis as me or you. This video is a visual statement to me you the beggar and the king to encourage ourselves to find our TRUE power and happiness. When we've achieved this we'll have projected ourselves over all mental borders ... (for a more detailed reasoning behind the act read Ibby's book at: www.Ibby-walks.asia... . Ibby burnt both his Italian and Australian passports on the 19th October, here's a link to the other burning: www.youtube.com...

For me, reading that was a breath of fresh air.

edit- here is the video of him burning his Australian passport

edit on 26-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Amazing. Finally some human beings realizing that we are human beings.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
mans a fool , the good far out weighs the bad in passports . There a good classification and filter. I can give numerous examples of people that i would not like in my country , near kids , public , or with any object bigger then 2 cm. Just another new age hippie , who doesnt understand the merit of a passport. Having a passport and visiting a country and having the mental capacity to uphold that countrys laws , is not what everyone can do .

Give everyone a free pass? come on in ... start your destrcution cause the tax payers will be stuck with bill anyway. yea the same ones that helped build that amazing country you wanna come too so bad lol .

side note, do you see how well those passports burn ? Gotta remember to collect a bunch of them if its ever cave man mode after shtf

thirdly . We can still all be human beings living on planet earth. Passports are just a classification and to know where people are and going. Handing it out for nothing to many who are not even deserving is a spit in the face of the people who helped build that place.
edit on 26-11-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That's gonna be a pain on his next vacation

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Maybe he is his own country, but he is not this is not his own own world? Getting rid of his country is pretty much accepting a one world order is it not?

edit on 26-11-2011 by TheMindWar because: typo

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
damn that thing is flammable as heck.

the man has got a point and he's right.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
mans a fool , the good far out weighs the bad in passports . There a good classification and filter. I can give numerous examples of people that i would not like in my country , near kids , public , or with any object bigger then 2 cm. Just another new age hippie , who doesnt understand the merit of a passport. Having a passport and visiting a country and having the mental capacity to uphold that countrys laws , is not what everyone can do .

Give everyone a free pass? come on in ... start your destrcution cause the tax payers will be stuck with bill anyway. yea the same ones that helped build that amazing country you wanna come too so bad lol .

side note, do you see how well those passports burn ? Gotta remember to collect a bunch of them if its ever cave man mode after shtf

thirdly . We can still all be human beings living on planet earth. Passports are just a classification and to know where people are and going. Handing it out for nothing to many who are not even deserving is a spit in the face of the people who helped build that place.
edit on 26-11-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

if this is how you feel, you'll love it in prison. everything in neat order. they'll let you help maintain it too and no outsider can come and ruin that beautiful fire line you just dug.
edit on 26-11-2011 by DOADOA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The passport he burned doesn't belong to him it belongs to the government. He probably just broke alot of laws with that one

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
The passport he burned doesn't belong to him it belongs to the government. He probably just broke alot of laws with that one

Who does the government belong to again?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Damn! I hope these guys are either in their own countries when they do that act and never want to leave, or that they are in another country and never want to leave it. Take about sticking yourself between a rock and a hard place!

Technically, the only way a person can be free is to be out in the woods somewhere and NEVER having a need of civilization in any manner. You are a fool if you want or demand rights from where ever you reside and insist that you owe nothing in return. Life just doesn't work that way, and neither does civilization.

I know, your mommy may have taught you that you are special and precious, but dreaming that the world is yours for the asking (or denying) is not the way it works.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Try breaking some ferderal law and see if the government belongs to the people.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Try breaking some ferderal law and see if the government belongs to the people.

I break federal laws almost daily actually, and I have only been arrested once, and it was a felony charge, but I got the charges dropped because I didn't do what they charged me for(don't ask).

Scoreboard:
Me as a human being: 4628(ish lol)
The feds: 1, but got overruled in my favor, so 0.

I let my own morals guide me(and believe me, I have strong values and faith in God which comes before my US citizenship), I break laws whenever I want if I know I am not actually doing something wrong and don't think I'll get caught. I respect others' rights and give back to my community as well (by my own free will of course).

They can put me in jail or even kill me, but I don't really care, my faith and values can never be taken away from me and that defines who I am.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What got me the most... Was that when he told the cops he loved them they said it back....

I am having trouble picturing a cop in the US responding in such a way....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I was reading this thread before I logged on.
This is what I saw. Really.

edit on 11/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Edit - I missed the passport ad in your screen shot, I feel like a d-bag now, apologies.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
"
if this is how you feel, you'll love it in prison. everything in neat order. they'll let you help maintain it too and no outsider can come and ruin that beautiful fire line you just dug"

Prison is just one of the filtering processes to you know to keep you and your family safe from some of the most violent , deranged , seriously mentally damaged inviduals. I don't speak of the non -violent ones. But the seriously twisted ones you would not enjoy roaming around amongest the rest of the general population.

I'm sure you would agree, such high threat prisioners would love to travel country to country no passport needed!

Hey prisons have a pen pal system, you should write in share your address and enjoy the beauty of having one of them as the next door guy. lol

lol passports filter out the loco's like the on in the op

But damn those things burn so good and controlled perferct for fire place lol

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Are you seriously afraid of the harmless, but a little over the top, guy in the OP?!

He seemed awful friendly to me and clearly spoke from the heart whether you agree with him or not, not sure what you could be afraid of or why you'd want such people filtered.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Are you seriously afraid of the harmless, but a little over the top, guy in the OP?!

He seemed awful friendly to me and clearly spoke from the heart whether you agree with him or not, not sure what you could be afraid of or why you'd want such people filtered.

Depends on yoru defintionof harmless. It comes in many ways and degrees.

Afraid of him ? Hardly. But his messege a very silly notion . Meritless , baseless , just new age kumbaya . Not in practical reality , just imagination . kinda like ows .

i would want such people filtered because of the spreading of ignorance, fueled not by reason and logic but "emotionally driven " thinking.

as we all know emotions cloud judgement.

The problem is they don't look t the conseqences of such actions . Because its much nicer to think about the jolly side of it . But the economic problems , resources strectching , fraud it would bring. They could careless right :p

harmless.....

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Depends on yoru defintionof harmless. It comes in many ways and degrees.

Afraid of him ? Hardly. But his messege a very silly notion . Meritless , baseless , just new age kumbaya . Not in practical reality , just imagination . kinda like ows .

i would want such people filtered because of the spreading of ignorance, fueled not by reason and logic but "emotionally driven " thinking.

as we all know emotions cloud judgement.

The problem is they don't look t the conseqences of such actions . Because its much nicer to think about the jolly side of it . But the economic problems , resources strectching , fraud it would bring. They could careless right :p

harmless.....

First:

Emotions do not cloud judgment(well, in extremes they can, especially when the emotions are negative), they balance us. Emotions make people human. Pure logic is a quality of machines, and machines are lifeless. Humans are not meant to be machines, we are meant to love ourselves and one another because love and passion is what makes life worth living. Besides, emotions aren't there for no reason, I believe emotions come from our subconscious which does a lot more thinking and calculations than our conscious minds can even comprehend.

Oh, and do you like art?
Minds like his, based on emotion, is what creates the greatest art. Bob Marley, Jimmy Hendrix, and many others created/creates what makes life enjoyable, and this guy seems the type of guy that would get along with those people. Hell, I bet he is a good singer or dancer, I am sure he would be a good candidate for many fields. Also seems like he would probably be good with children, like a kindergarten teacher or something. Not everyone has to be a mechanic or accountant, we need people like the guy in my OP to balance those people out. We need people like him.

About your precious economy which apparently is a higher priority than saving the "jolly" nature of humanity...
I have lived in the wilderness of Colorado before for 71 days straight during a therapeutic treatment program, it was like nature boot camp. We made fires with "bow drills", that was the most advanced technology we used besides maybe the iodine for cleaning our water, it was a very enlightening experience and showed me what life is about, and it aint about material pleasures or longevity. The economy is nothing we need to worry about, if you've studied the federal reserve, you know all fiat currencies are bound to collapse within our lifetime anyway. Better sooner than later and letting our grandchildren deal with it.

And resource stretching? Give me a break. The consumerist materialistic economy you promote is the only thing stretching resources. This dude is not driving hummers and buying big screen TVs. The resources this man needs to be happy are far less than the average American.

And if you bought none of that...

Guys like him are no threat to you. He isn't asking for hand outs. That man is no consequence to you. If you don't want him in your home fine, but I welcome people like that into mine.

"i would want such people filtered because of the spreading of ignorance"

Oh and...
Spreading ignorance? We have TVs that are spreading ignorance in every home all of the time, this man is no threat. I don't know what "ignorance" you are referring to, but to me it sounds like you are afraid of his ideas because he operates on a different polarity than you.

I may not agree with you, but I do agree you should be able to freely spread your ideas, just like this man should be able to. You on the other hand think he should be censored. That idea is so ridiculous I am almost convinced you are being sarcastic and facetious, but unfortunately I think you are being serious.

It appears you think this guy's ideas should be filtered because you think they could spread... Who the hell are you to stop him? Freedom is about freedom of expression and belief.. Whats the point of financial security when you can no longer have the basic security finances were meant to secure in the first place?

"Meritless , baseless , just new age kumbaya" Thats what it seems like from the outside, but his logic makes sense to me... Your depressed attitude reminds me of my Atheist days, when I had no faith in humanity.

If you really don't think his thoughts have any merit or base, I don't think you are able or have tried living life from that guys perspective.

One last appropriate quote...

Aldous Huxley "The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age"

In your world of logic and filtered emotions, this song would not exist, because people like Bob would have been filtered. I do not want to live in your world. I would fight to the death before living in a world like that.

edit on 27-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
well i guess for all you passport hating people who are american, you should just let all the mexicans in... after all they are the same class as you, they are non violent, cause no trouble whatsoever and are not going to use your tax funded schools and other services...

open the floodgates! let the africans, mexicans, eastern europeans, and ESPECIALLY middle-eastern and south east asians into the US... they wouldn't need a passport, they are ALL just like you and me!

idiots...

<<   2 >>

join