It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 interesting Nuclear target plans/simulated strike plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
www.nukestrat.com... a pretty informative link describing a hypothetical us first strike on china and a hypothetical first strike by china on the united states

www.nrdc.org... this is also very informative and very long(700ish pages) but it in great detail talks about potental targets for a first strike on russia and gives a very detailed picture on possible nuclear strikes and estimated fall out

i found these while doing some research on the net for an unrelated post and understandably got side tracked by it.The first one isnt as detailed as the 2nd link but they were both highly educational and a pretty good read.
Also with things going the way they are these days it seems like knowing what is a target of high value and estimated fall out patterns could end up being highly beneficial to us in our survival plans(ie dont live near camp pendelton or los alamos)

from just my perspective it was kinda suprising to find out that even if attempting a pre-emptive strike a good portion of misses would still be held in reserve for counter strikes or incase other regional powers decided to strike,as well as the information given regarding the "hardness" of silos and plans for disabling them if they could not destroy them.And from a human stand point i find it hard to imagine being the person who drew up these plans in the first place as some of the casuality numbers are alot higher then i expected.either way its informative and i figured with all the talk of ww3 going on we might as well have as much information on the subject that we can
edit on 26-11-2011 by KilrathiLG because: clarify a point
also has a bunch of cool old school sattelite photos at 2nd link
edit on 26-11-2011 by KilrathiLG because: add more

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Thats fascinating and infomative. Between Fukishima and all the other existing radiation, it would only
take a few more nukes to pretty much ruin the planet for a long time.
Thanks for sharing. I'll kick back and read the full PDF.

S&F

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

grab a snack they are both long i couldnt find specific dates on the pdf's but i think the latter is the more recent number ,ill admit i didnt understand alot of it but i think i got the gist of it,i would not want to live in any of the cities listed on any of the links . thank you for your reply

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I hope china and russia have a good deterrent against US nuke capability.
what about a combined scenario, russia and china. what would happen?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

couldnt find one it seems most of chinas nukes are pointed at russia and only the newer and larger dong feng(sp?) 14's or something like that and newer were suposed to be able to actually have the range to hit the usa directly,if i rember correctly even when the usa and russia were all kinds of hating eachother they always kept a reserve of missles in there plans and planned to nuke china during the exchange just to knock them down a peg ill see if i can find a link for that but my internet has been acting weird all night thank you for your reply

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Great find OP!

very interesting when you sit and read it.

S&F

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FonsoHarman

yeah the second link was alot longer then i had thought it was gonna be opening it i learned a whole bunch of new terms that i didnt even know applied to the situation either way i figured it might be entertaining to some.im trying to find more links of this nature but my internet conspires against me thank you for your reply

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I got a real laugh out of the targets of Chinese strikes.

Taking out 20 major US cities.

Don't the Chinese understand that they likely will reduce the illegal immigrant population by about 60%.
Plus take out many of the major gang cities in the US
They would also take out most intercity poor neighborhoods

With them taking out so many illegals from Mexico They might even declare war on china from killing there citizens

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

im thinking the chinese targets were choses for 2 reasons take out as many americans as possible(hit population centers) and hit any targets of military value they could afford to hit with there by comparison limited nuclear arsenal.some how i dont think china would be caring what mexico's response would be to there strike as due to most forms of MAD they would be obliterated as a people and a nation.

while some of these links seem to imply that a nuclear war can be won i still go by the belif that no matter what every one looses in a nuclear exchange,thank you for your reply

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Thanks for posting these links .

very interesting reading, i used to have an old one from the 1970`s , but these two are more up to date.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Sorry there is something wrong with someone that laughs at death and war....

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

yeah thats half the reason i posted it was i had not seen any thing new in years,and as we seem to have a good deal of russian members some of the target locations may influence there survival plans and in this day and age any bit of information helps,thank you for the reply

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I certainly will do so.

Keep up the great research kilrathi

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

www.nukestrat.com... a bit dated from 2005 but it goes into limited detail about targets and what not involving a nuclear strike on north korea,and conicidently i guess nixon planed to nuke north korea back when we lost that spy plane even put fighters on the tarmac with nukes....i had not know about that www.guardian.co.uk...

and another link on north korea www.nautilus.org...

and info on obamas nuclear plans i guess i figured they wouldnt release this kinda stuff....www.fas.org...
edit on 6-12-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
www.fas.org... pretty intersting pdf dealing more with fire hazzards and other not often though of problems that might occur does it by region and countie too surprisingly informative
edit on 6-12-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join