It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated - Cat 4 Ivan (the terrible) heading for Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Category 3 Hurricane Ivan (the terrible) is
headed for South Florida.

There were 10 days between Charley and Frances.
Looks like 10 days between Frances and Ivan.

It's far enough out so that the course could change.
But right now ....

[edit on 9/6/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Did this happen before? 3 class 3 to 4 huracanes in just around a months time?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Things going from a tropical storm to a CAT 3 in less then 24 hours? O boy .
and here i am In north fl just starting with frances .
Ivan could get to a cat 5 with the time it still has to build UP!!! .
Looks like our luck finly ran out here in florida with the long strech of minum storms.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
yeah i've been following ivan for awhile, although it looks like it might go by the tip of florida more towards the gulf? can't tell this early though.

you can see frances in florida, and ivan allready formed down south

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
would be pretty cool if some1 invented a weapon that could create weather like this..........

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kigga
would be pretty cool if some1 invented a weapon that could create weather like this..........

I see what your trying too hint at, and most likely no.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kigga

Just curious how it would be "cool" to create weather of this magnitude?

People left with no homes or killed, shortages all over, how is that cool then?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a weapon. Seeing how we have had an unprecedented 3 major hurricanes and 2 that were downgraded to stropical storem almost piling up on one another.....

I wont say for sure its HAARP, but I am open to any sensible, logical theories as to what the hell is happening.

As long as I have been alive, I have never heard of this happening. As far as I have ever heard through study and research into Hurricanes, I have never heard of this happening.

Anyone else want to share possible theories as to why? Anything from HAARP to current changes or other natural phenomina, Id love to hear about.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I live in South Florida and Frances is already done with us. It didn't leave much damage in our part of Florida except for some downed trees and what not. We only got tropical storm force winds and some rain but not a lot as they thought.

I can't believe Ivan. This is news to me I didn't even know about it till right now.

No sense of taking down our shutters.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Skadi: so seeing your post, the answer to my question would be NO, there hasn't been 3 3-4 class huracanes in less then a months time before?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
we've made the decision not to take down our shutters as of yet either. I will probably make the decision by mid week depending on the track of Ivan. I am just praying that there will be enough supplies back in Florida before the other one hits. That could be a major problem.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken a storm like Frances tends to zap the energy from the warm water and air when it passes through a path... provided Ivan follows that same path, using this logic it would seem possible that it could weaken before land fall.. But that is several days away.

This is all just strange.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ivan is a way south of where Frances went. Unless it happened to hit West Palm and north it should avoid the waters of Frances. Also the waters near Florida are shallow and will have a week to recover.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a weapon. Seeing how we have had an unprecedented 3 major hurricanes and 2 that were downgraded to stropical storem almost piling up on one another.....

I wont say for sure its HAARP, but I am open to any sensible, logical theories as to what the hell is happening.

As long as I have been alive, I have never heard of this happening. As far as I have ever heard through study and research into Hurricanes, I have never heard of this happening.

Anyone else want to share possible theories as to why? Anything from HAARP to current changes or other natural phenomina, Id love to hear about.

I've been thinking about why there are so many tropical storms one after another lately, and imo i think its just mother nature balancing herself. A huge amount of ice has melted from the caps, desalinizing the waters, the hurricanes are just a byproduct of this happening. (something to do with moving salt or stablizing salinity in the oceans)

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ok this is insane. Apparently the National Hurricane Center thinks this storm is a threat and has already started doing intermediate advisories. As of 8pm AST the storm is packing winds now of 135mph and is a cat 4.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here's an interesting pic.. I'm pretty ignorant to hurricane formations and all, but in this pic of water vapor, look North East of Ivan..

Still image:
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Loop:
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

See that swirl pop up out of no where, and is virtually undetected by all the other radars?
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Could that swirl that forms nicely next to the depression form into another hurricane for after Ivan?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
More interesting to me is the south to north flow of clouds ahead of Ivan. Could that be sheer that will weaken the storm? Will the flow persist or will it move out as the storm approaches?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Matrix, thats another thing.

Not just 5 huge tropical storms that became hurricanes of class 4 strength, then two fizzle...... all in the same season.

But all in the same friggin month. Two of these storms hit florida as hurricanes, and one is on the way...maybe to fizzle out if it moves quick enough?

This is friggin weird.

I was also wondering too about melting polar ice caps and desalinization as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Here is a question that is out of my league. How does the salinty level effect evaporation? I know the level of salt can impact freezing. I thought maybe it could impact evaporation as well. Yes or no? If so then how?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Actually salt retains heat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join