It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich calls for the repeal of child labor laws.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard about that and I wonder...How can anyone be in favor of such a thing? It is opening up kids to being taken advantage of, abused or worse.....

Why this is not bigger and being more covered... That's the MSM for you.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

reply to post by mishigas

No amount of double-speak backwards apologist what-he-really-meant-to-say can make up for what Newt said in this case - it shows exactly where his mind goes when he think of cutting budgets - the very lowest on the economic ladder. Let's cut janitor's, why not school crossing guards and the lunch-room lady, too (there unionized also!)

Except that Newt or the feds have no say over how local schools and municipalities are funded. That's up to the states. Newt has no right to tell you which streets will get plowed first.

What Newt doesn't offer to cut is the bloated defense budget, or Freddie Mac (He's on their payroll, to the tune of 1.6 million) or payouts and bailouts to the banks.

Newt worked for Freddie Mac as a consultant and advisor. Perfectly legal. He wasn't even a lobbyist, which would have also been perfectly legal. Want to stop spreading the bs now? Your desperation is obvious.

edit on 27-11-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
First Newt said he was paid as a historian so the BS starts with him. It was freddie mac that said he was lobbying. If Newt doesn't want to be caught in lies he should just stop lieing.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I did say try to debunk I quoated exactly as it was writen. So good luck.

I don't buy into the whole this is what he ment to say double talk.

If you support Newt I could care less that is your blindness. The man said he wanted to repeal child labor laws that is the truth. If you support that sort of thing then it makes me wonder what sort of person you are.
I am begining to form a opinion though.

Show me where he said he wanted to repeal child labor laws. Find the word repeal in his statement. I'll wait.

And, oh, btw, I couldn't care less about what you think of me.

Gingrich, who has since backtracked on his comments, didn’t offer any evidence to support this theory. That would be difficult, since studies have found that the more students work, the lower their grades and the more likely they are to have academic and behavioral problems and drop out of school.

Is that the latest excuse being used by the stoners and losers? Forgive my asking, but did you work long hours while you were in school? Or are you still in school? Because your overall grasp of the English language is horrible; is it from all the hard work?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

First Newt said he was paid as a historian so the BS starts with him. It was freddie mac that said he was lobbying. If Newt doesn't want to be caught in lies he should just stop lieing.

This is a prime example of your partisanship and bias. If Newt says it, it must be a lie. If Freddie Mac says it, it must be true.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Newt is not a bad guy. Here, he's just trying to keep costs down and reduce the strangle hold unions have over our economy. His advice is better than what's coming out of congress. You know, children are already helping lunchrooms and they get a free lunch for doing that. It's not a stretch to imagine them helping the janitor for a free lunch as well. Seems reasonable to me.

My personal opinion is that the far left people on this forum are using him in whatever way they can. It's true that Newt has been a part of the political sphere of influence for a while and he has earned a reputation for being a maverick and being outspoken about his values. He is a conservative, no doubt about that. But what is he really guilty for? Nothing that I can see. He has some blemishes, but who doesn't? He just happens to be a man who's been in the limelight for years and is a convenient target for those on the left. They're looking for prey.

Most of you, if you were put under hte microscope like these guys are, you'd crack. No one here would survive the scrutiny. The fact that Newt has come this far is a testament to his character.
edit on 27-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Conservative? He has never been a true conservative. He was just endorsed by a main Union in NH and Bill Clinton is apparently supporting him. He is as conservative as Perry who backed Al Gore. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing. It will all come out I only hope it won't be too late.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You should have heard how I talked when I was overseas. Maybe its a military thing but sorry I can't answere you on excuses for stoners or losers unless you ment to say military instead. I have been out for about 5 years but I still have the scars. Do you have any other assumptions.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Kids cleaning up their schools should be a no-brainer. Should be part of the teachers job description also.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You should have heard how I talked when I was overseas. Maybe its a military thing but sorry I can't answere you on excuses for stoners or losers unless you ment to say military instead. I have been out for about 5 years but I still have the scars.

You can't blame the military for your poor command of your language. It goes much deeper than that, it's obvious.

Do you have any other assumptions.

No, I'm still working on the million or so that you've thrown around here today.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Kids cleaning up their schools should be a no-brainer. Should be part of the teachers job description also.

Agreed. Other countries do it. It instills a sense of duty and discipline when they have to keep their nest clean.

But here, we have weak-kneed parents who are afraid that their little darlngs might be made to suffer. One person actually whined that it is opening up kids to being taken advantage of, abused or worse.....

Abused! Can you believe it?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Backbiter

And of Course..........

17. Gingrich wants to Strenghten the Patriot Act to Include American Citizens Alledgelly Guilty of Domestic Terrorism .

A Right Wing Poster Boy for the NWO Agenda . To Even Consider this " Snake " as a Possible Presidential Candidate is just Begging the Federal Goverment to turn into a Police State ...............NO THANKS ! ........

edit on 27-11-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
So what exactly is wrong with child labor?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

If it turns into what it was in other eras... everything.

The goal of being born is to be indentured to more,more,more,more,more... The endless
machine that values money over advancement or humanity. If you notice, most of the
nations that held on to child labor are still third world nations. The nations that rejected
such and firmly so, are first world.

But then again it is sure easy to manipulate the grown up, uneducated, former child laborer.
This all falls in line with, tax cuts for billionaires, repeal them
for workers, eliminate minimum wage so the billionaires can earn more and introduce children
to eliminate education and create a new labor pool.
edit on 27-11-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
So what exactly is wrong with child labor?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Why not open a history book, look at the atrocities that have happened that brought about the laws? Research child labor in other countries.

But yeah, what's the problem...

While we are at it why not just open a bunch of work "camps" where the kids can spend their summers learning how to make sneakers, and soccer balls. Or, why not just make them work on farms. That way, they'll be growing their own food. More profit! Also, why stop there? Why not just make them enlist in children armies. Smaller bullets and smaller guns = MORE PROFIT! They'll learn to love their country more, and make some pocket change to help support their family, can't have them grow into lazy Occupiers.

Children have had it too good for too long. Time to give them time cards, and take away their toys!

I digress...

I hope this man, never steps foot inside the Oval Office.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Where do you work?

If that's the case, when 5 o'clock comes, you might as well grab a mop as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

You should have heard how I talked when I was overseas. Maybe its a military thing but sorry I can't answere you on excuses for stoners or losers unless you ment to say military instead. I have been out for about 5 years but I still have the scars.

You can't blame the military for your poor command of your language. It goes much deeper than that, it's obvious.

Do you have any other assumptions.

No, I'm still working on the million or so that you've thrown around here today.

Is that al you got? First you are going to attack my grammer over a quote.

Why did you say (your language)? Are you a American or are you just Trolling forums?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Is that al you got? First you are going to attack my grammer over a quote.

Why did you say (your language)? Are you a American or are you just Trolling forums?

These are international forums; every person is welcome, regardless of race, sex, religion, nationality, age, or any other discriminatory criteria.

So why do you refer to non-Americans as trolls?

First you are going to attack my grammer over a quote.

It's not just some quote. I mean, the sloppiness shows up all over your posts, as in " Are you a American".

edit on 27-11-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Why do you care so much about the way I talk? Is it that you just wan't to distract everyone from the issue at hand?

If you are not American then why do you care so much about American politics?

Why are you a supporter of Newt anyway?

I was just saying you were a Troll not all non Americans.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Grimpachi because: add

top topics

<< 1   >>

join