It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens to hit Turkey if US, Israel attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah. I kind of saw the point another poster made earlier about pushing Turkey away from NATO and into an alliance with Iran and Russia, but that might be a stretch. Interesting thought though.

It was more than a thought. At one point over the summer the US was making contingency plans to remove weapons and assets from Turkey because of their sudden closenesss with Syria and Iran. That occured in part because of the floatilla issue with Israel from last year and this year. A flare up occured when Turkey accused Israel of training for airstrikes against Iran by misleading Turkish military authorities about use of their airspace for other reasons.

Turkey is positioning itself into a position with more influence in the region. NATO / US wants to keep Turkey as an ally, and IRan and Syria want to push Turkey away from NATO and more into their corner.

Issues with Syria and their crackdown pissed off Turkey...
Im not completely sure what the incident was that soured Iran relations.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Iran is all talk. When it comes down to it, they will be throwing firecrackers from their camels, and making scary faces at foreigners who are stupid enough to listen.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

So is that missile defense system in Turkey the one that Russia has been going on about and wanting rid of? Is that basically like a "we got that for ya" to Russia? Brownie points?

Also isn't the system there because of Iran? Can they really destroy a system that is designed to keep them from destroying anything?
edit on 26-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

I must admit…that is an excellent point. That illustrates the feebleness of Iran’s threats.

How do you destroy something with a missile that is designed to prevent missile attacks? Because we know the Iranian airforce (BAHHAHAHA) won't be viable after the Syrian no fly zone is initiated (not to mention the Israeli F-15's, US Carrier Group deployed to the region, etc)

As gogo pointd out, as well as my agument, all we know is present is the radar itself. No missiles have been deployed, imo, and not that we know of in gogo's opinion.

Iran is making the argument the radar is present and used by Israels missile defense system, not the US or Natos.

Does that make snese to anyone else? Threaten to attack a radar site that Israel does not use, and has nothing to do with Israelis own missile defense system?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Can you list me some of your sources i'd be interested to see where your info. comes from

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Apparently it's just radar, but even then, I don't see any Iranian rockets getting very far unless they have learned to fly them 5 feet off the ground.

I still have my doubts as to whether they are really radar only at that station though.. that might just be the conspiracy in me, but I just think the Turks would be split on their opinion of having NATO missiles in their country.. so part of what they have there could be kept under the hat.. or again conspiracy minded part of me.. who knows.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Iran is making the argument the radar is present and used by Israels missile defense system, not the US or Natos.

Does that make snese to anyone else? Threaten to attack a radar site that Israel does not use, and has nothing to do with Israelis own missile defense system?

It makes sense when you consider that Iran is trying to pull Turkey from NATO and at the same time considers all allies of Israel the enemy.

They know that if they go after anything in Turkey they will surely draw NATO response.

The only thing I don’t get is why they are hell bent on their own destruction. I just don’t get the mindset of the Iranian leadership.

I mean, I understand they are trying to usher in the 12th Imam and all but….man! If you believe bringing death upon your own people is a worthy religious cause?????

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Honestly though Nukes aren't a joke, nobody would put nuclear missiles' in a country like Turkey because of how diplomatic relations' are going with them... So i kinda have to doubt that conspiracy theory but i am open to debate with this...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustme333
reply to post by jonnywhite

Iran has been threatening everyone lately. It's time that we let them know they can't do that.

Iran have threatened to attack "No One"...
They have threatened to retaliate to an attack on them..
Yes, they get a bit carried away with themselves at times but It wouldn't be nice getting threatened by the US,Israel and Europe etc like Iran have been through..

Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the earth for decades. Not because Israel threatened them, but simply because they exist.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

And if you took the time to read the documentation leaving aside somewhat dubious intel reports as you say then none of what you state is in that documentation, only the hint that this may be the case.

Which would be the non declared sites
Refusal to allow IAEA inspectors access
refusal to make scientists available
etc etc etc....

Does not say any of that.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by trentyh

I wasn't talking about nukes?
I was just talking about a missile battery for taking out missiles launched by Iran.
Just regular non nuclear missiles. We put them in/sale them to lots of countries.
So the "conspiracy" is still viable, at least in the same limited way it was to begin with.
It is possible they have NATO missiles at the installation that they haven't made the public aware of.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I thought you were referencing our Nuclear missiles... My mistake....
I can understand that, i still dont understand the longterm plan for this missile shield if iran is kicked in the shin and if russia follows it's current plan...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Psst, Iran, if you want to keep sympathies up and make yourselves look like the relatively innocent ones in this, then this is a bad move.

I suppose we could argue over whether or not Iran is a "terrorist state", but that is definitely a terrorist state move.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

No offense but

Seriously Iran attack Turkey???

Turkey would crush them!

Thanks for your constructive submission to the OP thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

No offense but

Seriously Iran attack Turkey???

Turkey would crush them!

Thanks for your constructive submission to the OP thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsclev

Originally posted by Trustme333
reply to post by jonnywhite

Iran has been threatening everyone lately. It's time that we let them know they can't do that.

Iran have threatened to attack "No One"...
They have threatened to retaliate to an attack on them..
Yes, they get a bit carried away with themselves at times but It wouldn't be nice getting threatened by the US,Israel and Europe etc like Iran have been through..

Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the earth for decades. Not because Israel threatened them, but simply because they exist.

Iran has NEVER threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. You misquoting Ahmedinijad he said he wants to wipe zionism from the pages of time/history.

If anything, Israel has just about wiped Palestine off the face of the earth.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Iran is failing to comply with NPT and IAEA treaty obligations thet agrred to when they joined those groups.

Could you provide links to substantiate that statement please?

As far as I am aware they have never failed to comply.

Read the latest IAEA report submitted to the UN. Even leaving out intelligence information provided from multiple countries, Iran has still refused to allow full access and inspection to facilities involved in their nuclear program, which is a violation of the terms.

They recently allowed limited access after denying acces for the last year, and the only reason for compliance now was to look like they were complying with the issues raised.

Iran has refused to allow IAEA inspectors into certain sites.
Iran has refused to list all sites involved in their program.
Iran has hidden sites not disclosed to the IAEA.
Iranhas refused to make all of their scientists involved in the program avaialble for IAEA inspectors.

These are just a few of many violations that are straight forwt rd and dont come from foreign intelligence sources.

If htey are in compliance na darent doing anything illegal, why the decpetion on their part?
edit on 26-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

The IAEA reported pre-2003 details, which Iran had already had sorted out. There was nothing new in that report, other than the the fact that puppet IAEA chief Amano was in Washington just before the report was released.

When you say Iran has refused to allow IAEA inspectors to certain sites etc. Just replace that with Israel and answer which sites IAEA inspectors have been able to visit.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jondave

I don't see any firecrackers or camels here:- www.youtube.com...

Iran has not been the aggressor for hundreds of years and they have only retaliated when attacked. I see no reason why they would attack unless they were defending their own country. I think too many people are buying into the propaganda about Iran and believing what the west wants them to think.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Wow.. Exactly how many countries is Iran going to threaten before this is all done and over with? I think they pretty much have the entire middle east covered, and are now working there way into Europe and Asia with the latest threat against Turkey.

Factor in Syria and its threats and its shaping up to be a wonderful year for the Middle East.

Wow... You really hit on an interesting thing here. It remains to be seen if these nations have anything in the way of guts to back the play they are shaping up to be throwing at us, and that is a HUGE IF...but there is certainly a pattern here.

1. IF Syria is attacked by outside nations, Al-Assad has nothing left to lose and everything to gain in triggering a war with Israel. Israel would in turn hit Iran knowing that Iran and Syria have their military Alliance. Iran strikes out at Turkey as the most effective NATO target, but that then draw NATO into an awkward position at best....particularly if it's NATO basing the attack on Syria in the first place. Hey.. hasn't Russia also warned a hands off about Iran? It would be wild to see NATO drawn into a multi-front war with Iran while Russia is backing Tehran. Err....

2. Israel hits Iran or Iran hits Israel. It's a crap shoot who shoots first anymore and it won't matter for this. Either way, Syria attacks Israel, again by it's mutual aid treaty with Iran. Regional war is going....then Iran pops a few shots into Turkey to draw NATO against the Russian support of Iran. Iran's best chance for survival would oddly be to TRY for this wider war in hope it would pass their nation over fairly quickly as the big nations went at each other. It's warped logic...but Iranian leaders can be warped people, too.

Then there is the Venezuelan wild card building missile bases for Iran and hosting Iranian military flights a couple times a week for years. Makes ya wonder.....

I really wouldn't laugh off these threats too quickly though.... We're all looking at nations with absolutely nothing left to lose from day 1 of any war in the future. They've all seen the fate of the leaders in past places whether they are captured OR surrender. It's death either way...so why not throw everything into it once the shooting starts? Dangerous times we're in...indeed.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

totally agree with all your view points on this thread if someone is attacking me id expect to be able to defend myself and if the person who was attacking me had a big stick ( us nuclear ) then i too would want a big stick

great sensible viewpoint pal

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

If htey are in compliance na darent doing anything illegal, why the decpetion on their part?

What's with this "Illegal" business all the time?

Exactly what "laws" are Iran supposidely breaking?

The NPT is NOT a law and dishes out No punishments..

You can't simply continue to say "Irans illegal actions" without quoting the law..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join