It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens to hit Turkey if US, Israel attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

NATO is us . ... we (USA) provide most of the funding and equipment

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If Iran does get their hands on those means what are we supposed to do if we don't have a missile defence shield in Europe? How do we track the launches of those missles or dirty bombs taken out of country? Iran is a blight on this planet and needs to be reformed not destroyed because once we take action against them Syria will take action to back Iran and then by extension Russia and China will become involved... All around any outcome is gonna hurt someone...

edit on 26-11-2011 by trentyh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by trentyh
This situation could get out of hand very quickly because China and Russia have both declared that they will defend Syria against any hostile aggression... This is beginning to look a lot like the development of WWll where everybody is picking sides... We have on both sides' a nuclear superpower, this can get bad very quickly....

I have not read anything that would suggest that China or Russia "have both declared that they will defend Syria against any hostile aggression".

Russia and China may both be supplying Syria with arms and systems that Syria might use to defend themselves against military attacks from NATO, or the Arab League...but the Russians and Chinese are not going to be deploying their troops, or other assets, to directly intervene.

Do you have some sort of reference or link, with statements from Russian or Chinese officials, where they claim they will step in between NATO and Syrian forces?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
seriously guys?

cant believe some of the posts i'm reading here in favour of bombing iran..

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mps3119
. .. so I guess by this logic if the Russians hadn't removed there missiles from Cuba during the Cuban missile crises and then they launched and attack on us from ohhh I dunno Russia or Submarines . . we woulda been wrong to take out there missile bases in Cuba? . .. NO it makes Cuba in that case scenario guilty by association

Care to explain to us how misisles in Cuba and a Radar station in Turkey are even remotely the same thing?

Russia maintained radar facilities in Cuba, prior to, during, and after the Cuban missile crisis. They also maintained their trawler fleet off the coast of the US to monitor our naval vessels and what not.

If Iran is going to attack a radar installation in Turkey because they assume, wrongly, its tied to ISraels missile defense, then they will need to attack the upgraded radar put in place at Kuwait Inernational Airport after the Iraq war. They will also need to remove the upgraded radars in use in Saudi Arabia, as well as the systems in place in Quatar, where the US 5th fleet is based.

Now, with all that knowledge, why Turkey? Why not Kuwait or Saudi or Quatar?

Maybe its because they are trying to play up the recent issues ebtween Turkey and Israel, by accusing Turkey of aligning itself iwth Israel via NATO and the US? Turkey has recently made its independance from those organizations clear, where as Saudi, Kuwait and Quatar have made it clear where they stand on Iran.

Iran is trying to take advantage of politics in this case, and their threat is nothing. They are trying to pit internal politics of Turkey against its own government and those of NATO, the US and Israel.

By making the claim the radar instalation is for Israeli defense, they are trying to exploit the differences the Turkish population has with Israel. They are hoping those comments wont be fact checked by the Turkish population.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So is that missile defense system in Turkey the one that Russia has been going on about and wanting rid of? Is that basically like a "we got that for ya" to Russia? Brownie points?

Also isn't the system there because of Iran? Can they really destroy a system that is designed to keep them from destroying anything?
edit on 26-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mps3119

NATO is us . ... we (USA) provide most of the funding and equipment

Israel is not NATO, and the missle defense system in place is not designed to protect Israel. Israel has their won missile defense as well as advanced radar system that can see into Iran. They dont need Turkey or the NATO radar instalations present there for their own missile defense systems.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

www.haaretz.com...

www.infowars.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

www.zerohedge.com...
this one is so you can see it is escalating...

I have not seen a declaration that was my train of thought i will go edit it out now...

edit on 26-11-2011 by trentyh because: to give some more info

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

So is that missile defense system in Turkey the one that Russia has been going on about and wanting rid of? Is that basically like a "we got that for ya" to Russia? Brownie points?

Also isn't the system there because of Iran? Can they really destroy a system that is designed to keep them from destroying anything?

The "missile defense system" Russia has been whining about is non existant. All that is in turkey is the Radar, which is what we are trying to get into other European countries, which Russia is also whining about. The actual missile interceptors for the American ABM is located on American soil - namely Alaska.

Russia has their own ABM system around Moscow an its been present and operational there since the 1970s.

Iran is trying to link the NATO radar instalation in Turkey to being part of the Israeli missile defense system, which is not part of nor does it have anything to do with the American ABM system. There threats towards Turkey are designed to exploit internal Turkish political issues with Israel and nothign more.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Well.. it does in the sense that that system is there to prevent them from launching rocket attacks. So if they were attacked they would have to take that out before they could defend themselves in any other way.

It could actually just be a heads up to Turkey. Letting them know they have to hit that if they are attacked and that they are not trying to attack Turkey as a nation.
I don't know though. Just a guess.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

dude you are the one it said it is a missile defense system in Turkey "TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran will target NATO's missile defense installations in Turkey if the U.S. or Israel attacks the Islamic Republic, a senior commander of Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard said Saturday. " .. . now if this is just a radar sight that is one thing, but if this is some sort of missile system that is a completely different thing . . if this is just a radar system you are correct and my point is mute .. . . "missile defense installations" sure is a big long fancy phrase for just radar though

edit on 26-11-2011 by mps3119 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Perhaps you should do better research before trotting out the bland statements of the MSM in relation to Iran and their compliance.

Read these documents

www.iaea.org...

www.iaea.org...

In particular read this PDF which is the report upon which erroneous allegations are based

www.iaea.org...

On page 7 it states

43. Previous reports by the Director General have identified outstanding issues related to possible military
dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme and actions required of Iran to resolve these.31 In particular, the
Agency is increasingly concerned about the possible existence in Iran of past or current undisclosed nuclear
related activities involving military related organizations, including activities related to the development of a
nuclear payload for a missile, about which the Agency continues to receive new information. Examples of
these activities were listed in the previous report.32 The information available to the Agency in connection
with these outstanding issues is extensive and comprehensive and has been acquired both from many
Member States and through its own efforts. It is also broadly consistent and credible in terms of technical
detail, the time frame in which the activities were conducted and the people and organisations involved.

Note: ....possible military...possible existence in Iran of past or current undisclosed.... Not a fact, a supposition, a concern, a feeling if you like, but in no way substantiated by any evidence per se.

If you can find ANY statement on the IAEA site that says:

Iran has refused to allow IAEA inspectors into certain sites.
Iran has refused to list all sites involved in their program.
Iran has hidden sites not disclosed to the IAEA.
Iranhas refused to make all of their scientists involved in the program avaialble for IAEA inspectors.

Please do point that out.

You are merely regurgitating other peoples fallacious propaganda unless you can point to these statements in official IAEA publications.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Doesn't Europe have their own ABMs' though? I'm pretty sure we got our newest missile defence shield from Britain and France....
The shield is meant to counter any countries ability to hammer Europe or America with ICBMs'

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Ah.. I see that now. Here is the article I read. Probably the same info as yours.
HERE

I guess the same principle though, if they were attacked they would probably feel they need to take out that radar (and whatever the "other targets" they mentioned) in order to continue rocket attacks/defense without them being detected/intercepted.

Still weird stuff coming from them..

Also.. it's just radar as far as we know.. but as the public I would guess we don't know everything. Plus the Turkish people might not be completely ok with hosting NATO missiles. So I wouldn't completely trust they only have radar there.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Well.. it does in the sense that that system is there to prevent them from launching rocket attacks. So if they were attacked they would have to take that out before they could defend themselves in any other way.

It could actually just be a heads up to Turkey. Letting them know they have to hit that if they are attacked and that they are not trying to attack Turkey as a nation.
I don't know though. Just a guess.

Let me ask you a question - What is a better target?
A radar installation in Turkey?
The 5th Fleet headquarters in Quatar - with Radar
The Kuwait International Airport - Advanced Radar System?
The KKMC with their advanced radar systems?

Why Turkey when there are plenty of legitimate American targets a lot closer?

Tehran is sending a message to Turkey and by doing so are trying to exploit the Turkey / Israeli issues.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mps3119

Tehran says NATO's early warning radar station in Turkey is meant to protect Israel against Iranian missile attacks if a war breaks out with the Jewish state. Ankara agreed to host the radar in September as part of NATO's missile defense system aimed at countering ballistic missile threats from neighboring Iran.

Try again........
edit on 26-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yeah. I kind of saw the point another poster made earlier about pushing Turkey away from NATO and into an alliance with Iran and Russia, but that might be a stretch. Interesting thought though.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

If you took the time to read my response I stated leaving out intelligence from foreign nations and using solely IAEA observed issues.

Which would be the non declared sites
Refusal to allow IAEA inspectors access
refusal to make scientists available
etc etc etc....

edit on 26-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Thats just it though (btw your article and mine are both the same - from AP) the radar installation in Turkey has nothing at all to do with Israels defense shield. Israel has their own defense system, and defnese radars.

As stated earlier, Turkey and Israel stopped military cooperation.

Iran making the claims against Turkey is meant to exploit internal Turkish issues with regrads to Israel. Israel has adavanced radars, satelite surveilance of the region on their own as well as shared info from the US.

Turkey has nothing to do with Israel in this case.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I must admit…that is an excellent point. That illustrates the feebleness of Iran’s threats.

How do you destroy something with a missile that is designed to prevent missile attacks? Because we know the Iranian airforce (BAHHAHAHA) won't be viable after the Syrian no fly zone is initiated (not to mention the Israeli F-15's, US Carrier Group deployed to the region, etc)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join