It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens to hit Turkey if US, Israel attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whipfather

Whats going on?

Iran is failing to comply with NPT and IAEA treaty obligations thet agrred to when they joined those groups. If they dont want to comply, then they should leave those UN groups should they not?

All signs point to them developin nuclear technology that is not compatible with a civilian program.

You have Ahmedenijad stating time and again about wiping ISrael off the map. And before people go down this road of it was misinterpreted, do some research to see where it cmae from in the first place. The IRIB, Iranian State media, is the one who translated that speech, and they are the ones who translated the part about wiping ISrael off the map.

Ahamdenijad has been asked time and again to clarify those comments, and he refuses to do so. Anyone can read into that, and if I were Israel, I would take him at his word that his intentions are to ipe them off the map.

Do to otherwise would be potential suicide would it not?

Iran has tried to establish itself as a power broker in the Middle East, and toher countries in the region dont care for that. Just as Iran is backed by Russia and China, other countries in the mideast are backed by the United States and the West.

Iran is the one making the threats... Hell they threatened the UN about the IAEA report.. Forget the fact they have refused to respond to it....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Iran is the one making the threats...

So Israel isn't calling for an attack on Iran and haven't been for months ??
The US haven't said "all options" are on the table ?/
It's written fact and you certainly can't blame Iran for talking about "retaliation"..

Not sure how anyone can see that as Iran making the threats..

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

To be honest, if it wasn’t for all of Iran’s rhetoric (threats of annihilation, anti-Semitism, America bashing, dooms-day talk, threats of cutting off oil supplies, supporting terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq, supplying our enemies, spreading hatred, etc) they wouldn’t have made themselves such a target.

If Iran would shut its damn mouth and stop trying to be the bad boy of the middle-east they wouldn’t have any problems! Get along and stop trying to force your Islamic rule on everyone! Stop trying to usher in the 12th Imam already!! Stop hating!

Canada doesn’t pull the crap Iran pulls and Canada has no enemies! What does that tell you?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustme333

Iran is the one making the threats...

So Israel isn't calling for an attack on Iran and haven't been for months ??
The US haven't said "all options" are on the table ?/
It's written fact and you certainly can't blame Iran for talking about "retaliation"..

Not sure how anyone can see that as Iran making the threats..

Actually Israel has been calling for an attack on Iran when Iran refused to comply with IAEA and NPT treaty obligations. So what exactly would Iran be retaliating for? because they violated their treaty obligations in an effort to develop a nuclear bomb in order to use it on Israel? I would say Iran would be the agressor in that one, not Israel.

The US has stated we are willing to negotiate with Iran about those violations, and have stated that nothing is off the table. Just as wiping Israel off the map is still an option for Iran.

Israel, by calling for action against Iran, is in fact telling them negotiations are all that is left.

If we use istory as our guide do you really think Israel is going to announce when they are going to attack? I dont remember diplomatic cables from Israel to France and Iraq when that reactor was taken out do you?

During that mess Israel worked with the internatioal community to end Iraqs nuclear ambitions and only took action when negotiations went nowhere.

I dont see Syria going to war with Israel when Israel attcked and destroyed their nuke site a few years back did you?

Israel has threatened to strike the nuke sites in Iran, where as Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the map..

yeah... roughly the same thing...
edit on 26-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The Iran wiping Israel bit is still very debatable..
Just because you believe it, that does not make it true.

But what right do Israel (an undeclared nuclear power) have in demanding Iran stop it's supposed program or be attacked??

The NPT is nothing more than a treaty that helps member countries "IF" they abide by the treaty terms..
If they don't abide then they lose the assistance..
There's no clause calling for attacks..
Israel should butt out and stop being a hypocritical bully..

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This honestly looks' like a death cry, Iran and Syria are basically saying "we get hit and everyone within reach will get hit." They know if they get hit by the U.S. and/or Israel then they are basically done... I'd wanna go down in the flames' of glory and be remembered for something bad rather than not be remembered at all... This situation could get out of hand very quickly because China and Russia have both indirectly stated that they will defend Syria against any hostile aggression... This is beginning to look a lot like the development of WWll where everybody is picking sides... We have on both sides' a nuclear superpower, this can get bad very quickly....
edit on 26-11-2011 by trentyh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by trentyh

Well the Arab League just voted to sever all economic ties with Syria. Iran wont comply as they feel the Arab leagues actions are illegal, which begs the question if IRan ignores Arab League rulings, could Iran be next on the Arab League list for supporting the Syrian government?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Do you really think China would let that happen? C'mon guys, seriously.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Iran is failing to comply with NPT and IAEA treaty obligations thet agrred to when they joined those groups.

Could you provide links to substantiate that statement please?

As far as I am aware they have never failed to comply.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

how the hell is that a threat? Iran said they would attack Turkey IF the U.S. or Israel attacked them . . Thats like saying if you hit me I will hit you back .. of course I will hit you back . . of course they will strike back

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yeah, the situation will just escalate from there... Even if we sanction Syria, I just see something similar to when the USSR tried to starve out Berlin.... Were having a revived West Vs East attitude... Can somebody explain to me why were even letting this situation happen? Why do we want to take Syria out??? Oil is very plentiful on every continent and it would only take a few months if years for each continent to be dependent on their own.... Just cause Syrias' government is supposedly killing citizens why would we risk a world war over that? All this is happening because neither side can swallow their pride and back down....

I'm 14 and i would like to live my life without stupid standoffs' like this happening and until the USA and Nato stop trying to flex their muscles around the world this isn't plausible i can understand why China and Russia are so upset... All were doing is increasing our influence around the world while they have to sit their and watch all their people have suffered for go down the drain...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Iran is failing to comply with NPT and IAEA treaty obligations thet agrred to when they joined those groups.

Could you provide links to substantiate that statement please?

As far as I am aware they have never failed to comply.

Read the latest IAEA report submitted to the UN. Even leaving out intelligence information provided from multiple countries, Iran has still refused to allow full access and inspection to facilities involved in their nuclear program, which is a violation of the terms.

They recently allowed limited access after denying acces for the last year, and the only reason for compliance now was to look like they were complying with the issues raised.

Iran has refused to allow IAEA inspectors into certain sites.
Iran has refused to list all sites involved in their program.
Iran has hidden sites not disclosed to the IAEA.
Iranhas refused to make all of their scientists involved in the program avaialble for IAEA inspectors.

These are just a few of many violations that are straight forward and dont come from foreign intelligence sources.

If htey are in compliance na darent doing anything illegal, why the decpetion on their part?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mps3119

how the hell is that a threat? Iran said they would attack Turkey IF the U.S. or Israel attacked them . . Thats like saying if you hit me I will hit you back .. of course I will hit you back . . of course they will strike back

Uhm no, it would be liek saying if you hit me, im going to go next door and bitchsmack the lady of the house because she makes cookies for the people who hit me.

So if Iran hits Turkey, I guess its ok for Saudi Arabia or Kuwait to smack Iran?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Uhm no, it would be liek saying if you hit me, im going to go next door and bitchsmack the lady of the house because she makes cookies for the people who hit me.

So if Iran hits Turkey, I guess its ok for Saudi Arabia or Kuwait to smack Iran?
.. . Not exactly .. that is our missile system in Turkey isn't it? It just happens to be in Turkey

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

They are talking about hitting US and Israel installations in Turkey, which is attacking the aggressors, this fact has been brought up a few times yet you seem not to understand this or take that onboard.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

If it is on my soil and you hit it... I will hit you... This is why any small war will lead to a bigger one... You can't attack someone for sheltering terrorists' the USA did it and we got downtalked for it... That's a example of what your saying... This is Cold war mentality.... Why hit our radar stations'? Unless your planning to launch missiles at somebody... and that right there is enough of a reason for us to stop you where you stand

edit on 26-11-2011 by trentyh because: rewrite

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

.. . Not exactly .. that is our missile system in Turkey isn't it? It just happens to be in Turkey

If you dont know who it belongs to, should you be attacking it?

Its a NATO site actually, however in this case it doesnt matter, especially if it is located in a counttry who is not part of any military operations. As stated Iran claims they are used to protect Israel. Israel has its own missile defense systems in country, and with the recent issues between Turkey and Israel, and since Israel is NOT a NATO country, noting in Turkey has anything to do with the defense of ISrael. Even more so since Turkey has ended military cooperation with Israel.

As I said, its nothing but IRan wanting to stir the larger pot in hopes their threats of attacks against a non involved country is enough to apply pressure on that country to apply pressure on the Us and Israel to not attack.

Irans justification -

Tehran says NATO's early warning radar station in Turkey is meant to protect Israel against Iranian missile attacks if a war breaks out with the Jewish state. Ankara agreed to host the radar in September as part of NATO's missile defense system aimed at countering ballistic missile threats from neighboring Iran.

Israel is not part of the missile defense shield. Europe however is.

Radar installation they are trying to link to ISreali misile defense. Israel has advanced US radar system in country that can see whats going on in Iran. The Turkish radar installations is just that, radar, and its a nato installation, not US or Israeli.

If Iran wants to bark up that tree, more power to them. It just means when it kicks off they will have more than just one front to protect against.

Hence the last diutch effort by Iran to throw out as many threats as they can to surrounding countries in the hopes that threatening an attack will force those countries to apply pressure on the US.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't think Iran or Syria would be mad enough to attack Turks .

If they do attack Turks then all bets are off .

For the uninitiated here ; almost % 40 of Iran's population is actually ethnic Turkics and they ARE looking for an opportunity to unite with their northern Turkic neighbour , Azerbaycan .

Should the molla regime in Tehran make the actual mistake of attacking Turks then Turks will have a legit reason to fight back .

Turks & Persians have not fought one another since late 1600's .

My personal opinion is that the Tehran is just talking psycho-rubbish and has no actual intention of carrying out an unprovoked attack on Turks in order to punish USA and/or Israel .

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

. .. so I guess by this logic if the Russians hadn't removed there missiles from Cuba during the Cuban missile crises and then they launched and attack on us from ohhh I dunno Russia or Submarines . . we woulda been wrong to take out there missile bases in Cuba? . .. NO it makes Cuba in that case scenario guilty by association

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

They are talking about hitting US and Israel installations in Turkey, which is attacking the aggressors, this fact has been brought up a few times yet you seem not to understand this or take that onboard.

What do you want to hear? That it’s OK that they are threatening Turkey’s NATO missile defense systems in retaliation for an attack against them?

OK….so what? Sure...if someone threatens me I will make my intentions known as well.

You’re missing the bigger picture. Iran has been not only thumbing its nose at the UN and many NATO members’ requests, it has also been actively threatening the annihilation of the big and little Satan (Israel and the US) for 32 years, funding terrorism, etc. Iran is now getting closer to acquiring the means to follow through on those threats and they need to be stopped. They can talk all they want but, until/unless they reverse course, they are on the fast track to a serious beat down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join