It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation storm and CME ALERT!!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

the narrator is saying, in the vid you linked , spaceweather.com is inaccurate and he hopes it shuts down. That is of relevance for this site?

it didnt seem accurate last time while we had day after day of warm and very fine (cloudless) weather , yet the (initial) timings are agreed

if earth position could be marked on 3d images like from lasco we may get a better picture . hate to mention it but current ele position is somewhere where it does point , again.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Massive Hyder Flare is on its way to Earth and should reach us Monday, November 28, 2011.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

While I don't particularly like SpaceWeather, that isn't what the narrator said. What he actually said is that the ISWA model is inaccurate. He said that the WSA-Enlil model from NOAA is better.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
edit on 11/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Please provide your source.

A Hyder flare is a burst of light which occurs when a filament collapses. The flare arrives at Earth at the speed of light, eight minutes after it occurs on the Sun. Hyder flares are not known to produce geomagnetic activity or any other effects on Earth.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

High winds to account for that, as my satellite is fine...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
~ Hamlet

Geomagnetic Disturbances Cause Heart Attacks and Strokes

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ZIPMATT

While I don't particularly like SpaceWeather, that isn't what the narrator said. What he actually said is that the ISWA model is inaccurate. He said that the WSA-Enlil model from NOAA is better.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Since it will almost entirely miss in this linked model prediction , in comparison , point noted . Not to labour ignorance , but , is there any particular reason for the (clear) discrepancy ?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I don't know the details of the models. Suffice it to say that the WSA-Enlil model is more advanced?
www.noaanews.noaa.gov...

The model has been used in experimental mode for several months and has accurately forecast the timing of recent space weather events. NOAA began running the new model on its supercomputers officially on September 30. Recent model run results are available online.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok on that , and this ,

NOAA’s mission is to understand and predict changes in the Earth's environment, from the depths of the ocean to the surface of the sun, and to conserve and manage our coastal and marine resources.
. Thanks for the links .
I would ask you tons of questions if i could but one particular if you have time is , how do craft like stereo A & B send their information back , /radio signals? and how are these /signals affected by solar wind/radiation/cmes ?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Just wanted to re-put this up here so all can see what is taking place at this present time...Haven't checked the magnetosphere yet this morning...Heard that Porta Rico has been hit by some eqs as well..Hope fully we will see some auroras tonight...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, did everyone survive? I know I did...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
double post...sorry...
edit on 11/28/2011 by jeichelberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
Well, did everyone survive? I know I did...

I just herd that it is now just impacting the earth...its a flank impact i herd...Its now over folks...Check out the magnetosphere...Its starting now

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I tied to put the magnetosphere link up before,,im trying it again now so all can see...www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
I tied to put the magnetosphere link up before,,im trying it again now so all can see...www2.nict.go.jp...

Pressure is just now starting to rise..so far not so bad...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
ok..I hope this works..When you see this link scroll down to where it says..Ace space craft data,measuring of solar winds and Bz Components...The solar winds are picking up just a bit..Not to bad for now....solarham.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
ok..I hope this works..When you see this link scroll down to where it says..Ace space craft data,measuring of solar winds and Bz Components...The solar winds are picking up just a bit..Not to bad for now....solarham.com...

Never mind it took it right where i wanted it to take...Its not over folks its just beginning..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Isn't the real issue plasma density in conjunction with speed?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

The speed picked up a couple of hours ago and the Bz component shifted to south. But the density hasn't increased much, nowhere near what a CME should show. I think what is being seen is more the arrival of the fast solar wind from the coronal holes rather than the CME.

The GOES magnetometers are reacting a bit in response to the south turn, as is Boulder.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

edit on 11/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So the expectation is for the CME to arrive at...?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join