It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation storm and CME ALERT!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A solar storm is in progress around earth at the moment, the storm is classified as minor,which means it has little effect on Earth,,,HOWEVER!!! ....CMEs are racing at 1000 kms(2.2million mph)...The CME ITSELF will hit earth on Nov. 28 at around 14:23 UT ..+/- 7 hours...hope the link works...spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Would anyone know the effects on this and how to figure out just how big the cme is???

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Do you think that the power will go out.In some areas are just auroras ???

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hmm, I'm calling an earthquake.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
wonder how big and where this quake will be...Haven t checked the magnetosphere has anyone???

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

After checking up with the referenced site it seems their main concern is the potential for geomagnetic storms when the CME cloud arrives on Monday. However, we have had these before (quite often) so besides some auroras in upper latitudes and maybe some effects on transmissions it may not come to more than that. We'll have to wait for updates on Spaceweather as they get more info from Goddard's.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 26/11/11 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
wonder how big and where this quake will be...Haven t checked the magnetosphere has anyone???
Possibly 7? And I'm betting somewhere around asia.. but possibly around america.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Wondered why my birds were going nuts, and why I was 'headachy.' Now I know.

S&F& bump.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It's been very Mild weather in the UK today..... My car temperature gauge was saying 14 degrees for NOVEMBER 26th ??

It is 11pm here now in the Derbyshire and has suddenly got all sort of windy and blustery outside but stills feels mild, not really cold as I have been standing outside waiting for my dog to do what he has to do....you know what i mean......

The Film 'The Knowing' springs to mind ..........

Regards

PDUK

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the magnetosphere looks ok for now..Have to check it spaceweather.com... monday...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

The Link didn't go threw hold on a minute

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
It's been very Mild weather in the UK today..... My car temperature gauge was saying 14 degrees for NOVEMBER 26th ??

It is 11pm here now in the Derbyshire and has suddenly got all sort of windy and blustery outside but stills feels mild, not really cold as I have been standing outside waiting for my dog to do what he has to do....you know what i mean......

Regards

PDUK
It's been announced here that we're getting a storm tonight in Ireland and I dunno if parts of the UK are going to be affected but yea that's what I heard at dinner time.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Dont worry about that, our sun isnt capable of producing that kind of power at its current age. The worst would be power grids going down!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionhunter

Regards

PDUK
It's been announced here that we're getting a storm tonight in Ireland and I dunno if parts of the UK are going to be affected but yea that's what I heard at dinner time.

Do you have any idea how bad or how large it will be???

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Lets not spread inaccurate information, CME's do not cause the tectonic plates to shift and have not been proven to cause earthquakes, but we might lose power if our power grid is affected.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I looked at the space weather report, and we will probably get no disturbances to the electrical grid, but recent earthquakes in turkey and Oklahoma could mean some seismic activity. Seems normal but the the gragh readings in GOES X-Ray Flux seems low. Thats why I think electrical grid will be fine.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

higher proton concentration seem to be the leading indicator to electrical grid malfunction and aurora's reasons for going crazy (get bigger) too.

I have been watching the activity for sometime.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

Brrrrrrrrrr...It will be so so cold here..LOL...man oh man no power...I better eat the thanksgiving food really quick..LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

I cant post the link..Im looking at the magnetosphere and it looks good...Trust me ...Live real time magnetosphere..

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionhunter

Regards

PDUK

Do you have any idea how bad or how large it will be???
Becoming very windy in many places early tonight as a band of heavy rain sweeps quickly eastwards. Winds veering from southwest to northwest will gust to between 90 and 120km/h for a time. The highest winds will be in exposed parts of the west and northwest, but winds will moderate everywhere to some extent towards dawn. The rain will clear during the night and showers will follow. Turning much cooler; lowest temperatures 5 to 8 degrees Celsius. from met.ie

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by calman2278
I looked at the space weather report, and we will probably get no disturbances to the electrical grid, but recent earthquakes in turkey and Oklahoma could mean some seismic activity. Seems normal but the the gragh readings in GOES X-Ray Flux seems low. Thats why I think electrical grid will be fine.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

higher proton concentration seem to be the leading indicator to electrical grid malfunction and aurora's reasons for going crazy (get bigger) too.

I have been watching the activity for sometime.

We will have to wait and see..I like good news...LOL....i have never seen a aurora..I live on the north eastern side of the U.S..sure would be cool to see a aurora....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join