It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Reactions To It

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What's the first thing you are going to do as soon as you get wind that at the moment a first wave of nuclear missiles from Russia hit D.C. and N.Y? O, and what's the first thing you are going to say to yourself as soon as you find out that nuclear blasts are indeed taking place in the U.S?

Like:

Will you just panic and freeze up?
Will you commit suicide like Hitler did before they got him?
Will you not know what to do before nuclear blasts start coming your way?
edit on 26-11-2011 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Most likely go get in my bomb shelter with my family and wait it out. There is not much else you can do!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The first thing i'd do is...ahem... "be merry"
then id go to my local recruiters office to volunteer my life to defend my nation and family.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Duck and cover

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Put some sunglasses on cause its gonna be a hell of a show, but on a serious note I hope the fn thing falls right above my house cause I dont wanna die a month later from fallout!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

May there be peace, peace and peace..

kx)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I would run to the nearest expected location and try to be at ground zero. Hell, I might even try to catch one. I live along the megatropolis of D.C./Baltimore/Philadellphia/Newark/New York/Boston so I expect my town to be completely "dusted." Who wants to live in the aftermath of that? Just in case that fails, I have all the equipment to make me feel like I am "safe." Before long though, I would guess I would find little use for my comb.

However, I heard that in the event of a missile strike, a good portion would be in the mid west, where we have all of our missile sites. I visited the Minuteman site in South Dakota and it was something else.

Interesting question, OP. Obviously, I would be shocked, but what are you to do.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
pffft, didn't anybody learn anything in school????????????????????
I'm OBVIOUSLY, GOING TO GET UNDER MY DESK

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Invite my friends over and have an end of the world party.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The same as the reactions were oh i gues 40 years ago when IT was suppose to happen LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

A first wave?

It would be the only wave. The counter strike would have wiped Russia from the face of the earth within 30 minutes or less from the launch of their "wave".

I would think to myself it sucks to be in Russia.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't have a reaction, I live in the KC city limits. I'd be one of the first to be vaporized. Regardless of what some think, the targets aren't the same as they were mid cold war when everything was primarily ICBM's. Now almost everything is sub, air, and ship based if not satellite based. If they send in nukes Kansas City would be the most likely target with Denver for many reasons. Major highways intersection, major railway hub, biggest fiber optic hub and the effects of the EMP and fallout that would travel though the most densely populated corner of the country; the NE.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There would be no less than 2 waves, the first would be a launch, than our counter launch, just before our counter launch arrives the second wave would be launched from both sides. It would inevitably escalate to an all out use of everything we have.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Collect bottle caps, grab an IPod full of old songs and wander the wasteland.... sigh..... I dream about it daily. Anyone I'd meet I'd ask if they had quests for me, it'll be saaaweeeet!!!

There isn't really much point in thinking about if two places in the U.S are hit with nukes since after that TSwouldhaveHTF and there would be no point back from there.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
film it and stick it on youtube

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
then id go to my local recruiters office to volunteer my life to defend my nation and family.

Is America is attacked with nuclear weapons...what is there left to defend?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

Is America is attacked with nuclear weapons...what is there left to defend?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by WarJohn

A first wave?

It would be the only wave. The counter strike would have wiped Russia from the face of the earth within 30 minutes or less from the launch of their "wave".

Doubtful, considering Russia has many more nuclear weapons than America. If anything it would suck to be in America during a Russian strike.

You're obviously over-estimating America but since this is an American website it's pretty obvious that most people here would be slightly biased.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MushroomWig

Hmm...left to defend?

Bottle caps, two headed cows, and a single copy of the King James Bible.

Overestimating? No, unlike Russia most of our ICBMs will launch and the nuclear warheads will detonate. Its sad but true.

Another sad truth is that our worldwide defense systems would catch some of the ones that actually launched, while Russia has just few defenses around Moscow that would be overwhelmed.

It would totally suck to be in Russia.
edit on 26/11/11 by MikeboydUS because:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Both countries have enough weapons to destroy the other country MANY times over so your statement about Russia having more is MOOT! Major FAIL: TRY AGAIN

Originally posted by MushroomWig

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by WarJohn

A first wave?

Doubtful, considering Russia has many more nuclear weapons than America. If anything it would suck to be in America during a Russian strike.

You're obviously over-estimating America but since this is an American website it's pretty obvious that most people here would be slightly biased.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join