It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Foreign Office says to prepare for riots in Euro Collapse.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

As the Italian government struggled to borrow and Spain considered seeking an international bail-out, British ministers privately warned that the break-up of the euro, once almost unthinkable, is now increasingly plausible.
Diplomats are preparing to help Britons abroad through a banking collapse and even riots arising from the debt crisis.
The Treasury confirmed earlier this month that contingency planning for a collapse is now under way.
A senior minister has now revealed the extent of the Government’s concern, saying that Britain is now planning on the basis that a euro collapse is now just a matter of time.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think we are in the end game. A lot of news stories are pointing in a certain direction, economic collapse and international tensions.
edit on 26-11-2011 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Nov 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Nov 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Pfft.

I almost wish they would just get on with it.

Still dont understand why the bankers were allowed to borrow and sell irresponsibly and ruin world ecomonmies and just get away with it.

At least a few of them had the decency to committ suicide.

In the UK were screwed, surely more riots to come, maybe next weeks strikes will see this.

Sumed up nicely on sky earlier. "The bankers have cost us our pensions"

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sobering stuff.

No need to add any cliches.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I guess we will get to see what happens next soon enough, although I have to admit it is a sobering thought...

Especially when I begin to wonder what on earth they are really planning?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Yeah Europe was much better off when they had their individual currencies. They really put the cart
before the horse with the Euro. Still the repercussions are frightening. It would affect the whole world
because the financial interconnections. I don't know how they are going to pull a rabbit out of the hat
this time. S&F

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Personally I feel if the euro collapses we (UK) might end up just pulling out of the whole lot? If not that there will be a lot of room for negotiating on the terms of a new agreement. At the moment were looking at a German power grab what with their banking transaction tax.

Let the house of cards fall! I'm pleased Britain said NO to the Euro! Shame we didn't get our promised vote on the Lisbon treaty. This is a chance to rectify those decisions made without consent of the people.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The house of cards is tumbling down.. I d not know much about economics but i think this would have huge global ramifications. It seems like the world is going down the pan...
edit on 26-11-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Good find and further to the OP we read from the same news site:

Can Britain cope if the eurozone collapses?

As the unthinkable looms, ministers are starting to prepare for the worst.

What happens if the eurozone breaks up?

It would make the collapse of Lehman Brothers look like a mere rehearsal. The risk is that if a eurozone government – say Greece or Italy – defaults on its debts, it will send such a shock through the European banking system that there would be a cascade of bank failures and the seizing-up of basic transactions.

In such conditions, it is hard to see how the eurozone could be calmly picked apart by policy-makers: its break-up would be rapid and disorderly, with some countries leaving the euro and a chaotic slump in trade, consumer confidence and demand for goods and services.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Being British (Yes not fecking English or Scottish or Welsh etc etc) I always thought that we were in a better position than being part of a Europe, which to all reasonable people now looks like a sinking ship.......
How those in power thought they could run a ''Union'' even though there were different rules and expectations by each individual state is beyond stupid IMHO.....

I therefore thought Sterling (the £) was a good bet to sit in as well as other stuff................ Unfortunately I am NOT SO SURE NOW..........

The reason for my doubt was information in a recent article from Robert Peston, the BBC Business / Economics Director.....

Here's the article.. a link
www.bbc.co.uk...

Bottomline is this.........
The bad news is that 2012 is the year of greatest risk that a bloated bank or over-extended government will be unable to repay its debts - because it is a year when a frightening volume of the loans that were taken out in the boom years fall due for repayment.

It is not so much Governemt Debt but that money lent to Private business in the boom years which is now been looked at to re-finance BUT from WHERE??

We are all going to hell in a a hand cart and there is NOTHING we can do about it.......Apart from have another World War which will act as a distraction and eventually an opportunity for growth.......

We will see in 5 years time.....

or less

PDUK

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

There is no provision to leave the European Union, so in the event of a economic collapse of the Union it wouldn't be implausible to assume that one or more states may try to force the union to remain together..

(think USA Civil War...)
edit on 11/26/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Being British (Yes not fecking English or Scottish or Welsh etc etc) I always thought that we were in a better position than being part of a Europe, which to all reasonable people now looks like a sinking ship.......
How those in power thought they could run a ''Union'' even though there were different rules and expectations by each individual state is beyond stupid IMHO.....

I therefore thought Sterling (the £) was a good bet to sit in as well as other stuff................ Unfortunately I am NOT SO SURE NOW..........

The reason for my doubt was information in a recent article from Robert Peston, the BBC Business / Economics Director.....

Here's the article.. a link
www.bbc.co.uk...

Bottomline is this.........
The bad news is that 2012 is the year of greatest risk that a bloated bank or over-extended government will be unable to repay its debts - because it is a year when a frightening volume of the loans that were taken out in the boom years fall due for repayment.

It is not so much Governemt Debt but that money lent to Private business in the boom years which is now been looked at to re-finance BUT from WHERE??

We are all going to hell in a a hand cart and there is NOTHING we can do about it.......Apart from have another World War which will act as a distraction and eventually an opportunity for growth.......

We will see in 5 years time.....

or less

PDUK

This is all by design, I have seen plenty of information online or so called "conspiracy theories" that have warned of this for years. Alex Jones maybe a bit zealous in his conviction, and a scaremonger, but sometimes thats what is needed to get people to wake up and actually realise what the hell is going on in the world. Well now all the scaremongering is coming to fruition, its all coming to pass. I have been studying conspiracy theories since at least 2001, and its been on the cards since then. Now the time is right it seems. Ordo Ab Chao - Order Out of Chaos. Here comes the NWO.
edit on 26-11-2011 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
This is all by design, I have seen plenty of information online or so called "conspiracy theories" that have warned of this for years. Alex Jones maybe a bit zealous in his conviction, and a scaremonger, but sometimes thats what is needed to get people to wake up and actually realise what the hell is going on in the world.

I can get the message without all the added tension that guy delivers. His viewers must come across as raving lunatics to people who can comprehend the current status of affairs of the world without things being blown out of proportion. It's bad enough, but Jones just insists to make it worse, because that's exciting and grabs your attention. That is why you tune in. It's not for the content. It's for the emotional high you get from his online character, persona. It's the same reason people rather watch news than read a newspaper.

But, people will deny that is the reason they watch him. Deny they like their psyche to be tossed around this way and that when reading a simple article could inform them of the same thing. That wouldn't be nearly as engaging to their senses.

TV and alex jones are one in the same for the way their deliver their content. True.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
the Euro realignments

and a € =euro collapse would finally purge the system and break the backs of all the banksters and other fraud riddled elites with their hoards of cash that will be worthless.

the best comparision i can make is what Russia did during their political and financial collapse..
they bartered & traded and went back to a pre-revolution means of economy by organizing a 'black market'

sure at the onset of a collapse, there will be many people in shock and reacting in fear... all they need is a week or so to get into the trade/barter/black market economy scheme of things & order

i don't see a mad max kind of scenario taking hold...except for where gangs want to dominate as if they were 3rd world WarLords

i sure do hope the next paradigm shift is not Religious oriented...neither Christian nor Islamic, nor Buddhist...
but is clearly non-secterian or just plain secularist or humanistic
edit on 26-11-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Grifter81

There is no provision to leave the European Union, so in the event of a economic collapse of the Union it wouldn't be implausible to assume that one or more states may try to force the union to remain together..

(think USA Civil War...)

Perfectly said.

This whole idea of breaking EU treaties, is absurd anyway.

As with the days of Frederick the Great, even the tiniest fracture of a treaty, means war.

Similar to the lead-up of Hitler and the Anschluss, this is the same kind of cycle whereby nations are devastated then yearn for war, etc, etc, etc

until we stop that cycle.

en.wikipedia.org...

"The Prussian king thus invaded Silesia the same year he took power"

en.wikipedia.org...

"Frederick II of Prussia based his demands on a breach of the 1537 Treaty of Schwiebus"

Świebodzin

en.wikipedia.org...

[...]

Because of the town's location at an important crossroads, it developed economically, particularly in the areas of commerce and craft production. In the 15th century and particularly in the 16th century, Schwiebus was known for manufacturing beer and exporting cloth. It also developed various urban handicrafts and manufactured goods for local purposes (the weekly market). The salt, wool, grain, horse, and beef trades were also important. For a time the Schwiebus territory was granted by the emperor to Brandenburg-Prussia.[3] Representatives of well-known Silesian families, including the von Knobelsdorffs, among others, held authority and power in the town as district starosts and castle commanders on behalf of the Habsburgs.

Because of its position near the Holy Roman Empire's border with the Kingdom of Poland, the town most likely had a population of mixed Polish and German descent at this time, but Germans were the majority by the early modern period. During the 16th and the first half of the 17th centuries, the town expanded economically, spatially, and demographically, in spite of local conflicts and the turbulent Protestant Reformation and Counter-Reformation.

After the victory of King Frederick II of Prussia in the First Silesian War (1740–1742), Schwiebus came under Prussian administration

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

Originally posted by OneManArmy
This is all by design, I have seen plenty of information online or so called "conspiracy theories" that have warned of this for years. Alex Jones maybe a bit zealous in his conviction, and a scaremonger, but sometimes thats what is needed to get people to wake up and actually realise what the hell is going on in the world.

I can get the message without all the added tension that guy delivers. His viewers must come across as raving lunatics to people who can comprehend the current status of affairs of the world without things being blown out of proportion. It's bad enough, but Jones just insists to make it worse, because that's exciting and grabs your attention. That is why you tune in. It's not for the content. It's for the emotional high you get from his online character, persona. It's the same reason people rather watch news than read a newspaper.

But, people will deny that is the reason they watch him. Deny they like their psyche to be tossed around this way and that when reading a simple article could inform them of the same thing. That wouldn't be nearly as engaging to their senses.

TV and alex jones are one in the same for the way their deliver their content. True.

I stopped listening to AJ because of the ridiculous number of ad breaks, I started to think he was allowed to do what he does because it encourages the revolution movement. Revolution is very much a tool for Order Out Of Chaos, but at the same time he may or may not have an agenda, some of the information he puts forward has proven to be pretty damn accurate. As with all information I say use the critical mind that was god given and one of the most powerful tools human beings have, this is why it is so subjued by the education system and pharmaceuticals. Take in all information, and then use the critical mind to sift truth from crap. We are all human we all make mistakes, this is why intelligent thought and critical thinking is so damn important. I think Alex's ego has grown beyond anything healthy and he is much a victim of his own ego these days. He has become so popular because so much of what he has said has been right.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I have been keeping up since the 1950's. They called us crazy then and they have called us crazy ever since. All the while watching the things that were called conspiracy theories come about. We knew then and we know now the right and left were controled by the same PTB. We knew then as we know now the FED was private opwned and destroying the country. We knew then like we know now Vietnam was a Hoax on the american people and drugs were being run. We kneew then that Johnson and the CIA was behind JFK assasination. Oswald was what he said just a patsy. We knew then like we know now about the Bilderburgs which was totally denied and we were laughed at. We knew then like we know now the MSM is nothing but a propaganda tool. We knew a lot of things like we know now. People laughed, people sneered people denied then like they do now. Where are the people who say you were right now I understand?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the Euro realignments

and a € =euro collapse would finally purge the system and break the backs of all the banksters and other fraud riddled elites with their hoards of cash that will be worthless.

I disagree, money has always been worthless. The gold they hoard and the property and land they own however is very much valuable, they will only gain more land and property as people that cant afford their loan repayments default thus putting their property straight into the hands of the corrupt elite.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jehova620

No need to get impatient.

I'm more then happy for them to take their time. The collapse is inevitable; just as death is inevitable. Lets enjoy the good we have while it lasts.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

I have been keeping up since the 1950's. They called us crazy then and they have called us crazy ever since. All the while watching the things that were called conspiracy theories come about. We knew then and we know now the right and left were controled by the same PTB. We knew then as we know now the FED was private opwned and destroying the country. We knew then like we know now Vietnam was a Hoax on the american people and drugs were being run. We kneew then that Johnson and the CIA was behind JFK assasination. Oswald was what he said just a patsy. We knew then like we know now about the Bilderburgs which was totally denied and we were laughed at. We knew then like we know now the MSM is nothing but a propaganda tool. We knew a lot of things like we know now. People laughed, people sneered people denied then like they do now. Where are the people who say you were right now I understand?

Right here, Im one of those people that say I understand, and Im listening.
What seems to have happened is that "conspiracies" which are very much real and do very much exist, have been tagged with the word "theory" which is just a hypothesis, the combination of those two words seems to discredit the whole "conspiracy". People are so easily led by the brainwashing tool that is the TV set, and the mainstream media, blindly following celebrities and sport like it matters. Minds are led by diversions(entertainment), the mainstream "news" is hardly worthy of the name anymore. Parents feed their kids aspartame and MSG, get them vaccinated with contaminated vaccines, send them to be indoctrinated in schools, all the while they worry about getting enough money to pay the bills and to keep afloat and to gain material possessions to show the rest of the world how "successful" they are. While they are lost in this illusion of what really matters and what success really is, the world falls apart around them, and no one batters an eyelid. Well you know what... call me crazy, call me deluded by fantasy, Ill tell you why, there is much more reality and sense of whats really important in my world, than there is in any world driven by material gain and entertainment. Im not scared to be different, because the way the world is going right now, it takes some new ideas and people that are not blinded by the illusion we live in to take us forward into the future and away from the tyranny that is planned for all of us.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

i sure do hope the next paradigm shift is not Religious oriented...neither Christian nor Islamic, nor Buddhist...
but is clearly non-secterian or just plain secularist or humanistic
edit on 26-11-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

The new paradigm will initially appear pretty, something like this as we were just discussing on another site. But if this is the time, and I do emphasise 'if', then the next paradigm shift and new international economic order / new world order will be IMO, the biblical prophesied world government and its dictatorial political leader and religious head. It will seem so nice and palatable though for a while, perhaps a few years, before it then turns nasty and the world realises that its 'savior' from the economic meltdown and war several years prior, was in fact harboring something far more sinister and destructive than what was at face value. What a time that will be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join