It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troubling Signs – Obama 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I’ve been seeing a lot of things lately that together represent a pretty scary scenario. A cleverly orchestrated plan by Obama and the democrats is beginning to take shape. Please allow me to explain.

In 2009, Obama made a bold move to transform the media into a liberal propaganda machine and he did so with our tax dollars.

You may not have noticed that the Obama Administration, in addition to trying to seize control of the health care and energy sectors, is implementing a national “broadband plan” to redefine the media and transform America’s system of government. It’s designed, they say, to provide “open government and civic engagement.” But it looks increasingly like an excuse for the federal government to control the Internet and access to information and even tell us what is truth.

Norman Ornstein of the American Enterprise Institute recently explained at a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) “National Broadband Plan Workshop” that it is necessary to have “a common space with shared facts.” Armed with $7.2 billion of “stimulus” money, the federal government is going to provide this. It looks like various progressive groups are lining up at the public trough for their share of the loot. They have in mind what the George Soros-funded Free Press calls “an alternative media infrastructure.”
link

Obama also began using Marxist tactics with the intention of dividing the country by turning us against each other and limiting our first amendment rights. Shortly after taking office, Obama provided and email address [email protected] so people could report any activities or speech Obama didn’t approve of. They began collecting data on Americans who don't support the administration. Then Obama started a website, AttackWatch.com which also urges Americans to report their neighbors. The website directs people to:

Join Attack Wire—and help stop the attacks on the President before they start.
When another unfounded attack surfaces, we'll arm you with the truth so you can share the facts with your friends and family.
link

So you make some critical remarks about the POTUS, your neighbor’s rat you out and classify you as a “national security threat”? For those of you who haven’t heard, here’s what happened recently:

A west Georgia business owner is stirring up controversy with signs he posted on his company’s trucks, for all to see as the trucks roll up and down roads, highways and interstates:

“New Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone.”

“Can’t afford it,” explained the employer, Bill Looman, Tuesday evening. “I’ve got people that I want to hire now, but I just can’t afford it. And I don’t foresee that I’ll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C.”

Not a big deal, right? Wrong! Apparently someone reported him to the FBI and soon the Secret Service was at his door.

Looman did receive some unexpected attention not long after he put up his signs and Facebook photos. He said someone, and he thinks he knows who it was, reported him to the FBI as a threat to national security. He said the accusation filtered its way through the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and finally the Secret Service. Agents interviewed him.

“The Secret Service left here, they were in a good mood and laughing,” Looman said. “I got the feeling they thought it was kind of ridiculous, and a waste of their time.”
link

He simply proclaims that he’s “not hiring until Obama is gone” on signs displayed on his work trucks. Do you think what he said was violent or threatening in any way? Is this political hate-speech or just a political inconvenience for the current POTUS?

The secret service ultimately dismissed it and took no action but the fact that someone would bring this to the attention of the authorities it ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is the fact that he was then harassed by the government for mildly exercising his first amendment right.

This administration has also been actively seeking ways to circumvent the Fairness Doctrine that was finally axed back in August. This is an attempt to limit radio broadcasts of material that the current administration doesn’t like.

One Federal Communications Commissioner says there still could be an effort at finding a back door to the rules. Commissioner Robert McDowell told Chris Stirewalt on Monday's Power Play Live that localism, a proposal that gives the federal government the ability to make sure broadcasters serve their communities, could also be used to wedge in principles of the fairness doctrine.

"The government would be compiling data as to what kind of content you were airing and whether the government thought that was appropriate content," McDowell said. "It could be political speech, it could be shows on baking or gardening. But we don't know where the government is headed."
link

In summary….Pro Obama propaganda has been actively pushed since 2008. An attempt to identify people and groups who do not support Obama has been ongoing. Now that we’re nearing the 2012 election cycle, efforts to quell all anti-Obama speech are intensifying.

I think this is something to keep a close I on as we enter 2012. I think these attempts will become bolder and more frequent the closer we get to November.

Has anyone else seen examples of this or am I being a paranoid conspiracy theorist?

edit on Sun Nov 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
They aren't doing too well if they are trying. Even media is blasting Obama, the national security debate was more like a roast of Barry Saturo... I mean Barrack Obama.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
awesome thread OP.
these things are scary, ordinairy citizens shouldn´t be watching eachother.
they should be overseeing the fraudulent government

or am I being a paranoid conspiracy theorist

well not quite.

to them you´re a paranoid conspiracy the(rr)orist now

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It could be something until you realize that those tactics aren't above any recent past or future POTUS.
edit on 26-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A few months ago, I had a dream he got elected. I'm not too into politics, but have always been pretty intuitive. Don't know why on earth I had that dream. But anyway, I'm saying it now instead of AFTER! So I can link back to this and have proof that I really did have the dream!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The trouble started as soon as he muttered his first words.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aeriess

Last night I had a dream Ron Paul won the republican nomination.

I didn't really have such a dream but somethings are easy to 'fake'.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
It could be something until you realize that those tactics aren't above any recent past or future POTUS.
edit on 26-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

Can you provide an example of any previous POTUS creating a website for the sole purpose of encouraging citizen’s to rat each other out? I know bush started the Patriot Act (spying on citizens - horrible) but what Obama has done in this case is clearly politically driven; he doesn't even pretend that its not!

new topics

top topics

join