It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Dawn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, or the Morning Star in Canada. I know all about their history and such but I was wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge of them.

Do they have the same ideas (require a belief) about G-d than Freemasonry, I know that Freemasons started the Golden Dawn, so I thought that they might have the same structure as far as G-d goes?

I also was wondering about "Jesus", is the Golden Dawn anything like the Rosicrucians?

Crowley got the boot and then published all the rituals, now they (The Golden Dawn) have changed their rituals, how has this affected the rituals, are they as "authentic" as they were before Crowley messed everything up?

What is the difference between the Golden Dawn orders, as there are a couple claiming to be the authentic/true order?

The Kabala and Enochian magic is practiced/studied by the order, what other influences are involved?

Any other info would be great.

Thanks

[edit on 5-9-2004 by amike555]

[edit on 5-9-2004 by amike555]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by amike555
Do they have the same ideas (require a belief) about G-d than Freemasonry, I know that Freemasons started the Golden Dawn, so I thought that they might have the same structure.

All members of the Golden Dawn believe in the existence of God, and every meeting of the G.'.D.'. opens and closes with an invocation of the Almighty, as in Freemasonry.

Crowley got the boot and then published all the rituals, now they (The Golden Dawn) have changed their rituals, how has this affected the rituals, are they as "authentic" as they were before Crowley messed everything up?

There are several organizations in existence today calling themselves "Golden Dawn", but have absolutely direct ties to the original Order. As for Crowley, he began a new group based on the old G.'.D.'. called A.'.A.'. (it was Crowley's claim that this group wasn't "new" at all, but was merely the corrected form of the original).
Another new Golden Dawn was formed by followers of the Israel Regardie in Florida, while several others have popped up here and there based on Regardie's published G.'.D.'. rituals and curriculum.

What is the difference between the Golden Dawn orders, as there are a couple claiming to be the authentic/true order?

To the best of my knowledge, not much. All seem to be based on the old G.'.D.'. that were published by Regardie.

The Kabala and Enochian magic is practiced by the order, what other influences are involved?
Any other info would be great.

I would recommend Regardie's book "The Golden Dawn", which includes the initiation ceremonies of the degrees, the knowledge lectures, and the basic magical instruction for all Grades up to Adeptus Minor.

Fiat Lvx.

new topics

join