It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush starting to fall :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If you have noticed it looks like bush is starting to slip. I still think he is going to win but here is a website full of political stats and coverage and the presidental campaign.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Other polls say Bush is ahead others say Kerry.

Still this website looks unbiased so make sure to bookmark it.

I read the Campaign 2004 tab.

The issues were very interesting.

So take a look if you havn't bothered to read about this years top campaign issues.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn

Which indicates that they are neck and neck if you take into account the margin for error in these polls. It's going to be close. But if it's that close then you know that Bush will be able to squeeze through on top with all the tactics he will have at his disposal.

I wouldn't excpect anything less dirty from Kerry, but he hasn't had four years to rig this one better than the last one was.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
actually, post RNC it looks like bush has gotten a major bounce, something along the lines of 11 points.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
According to the Boston Globe Bush got a 11 point bounce after the RNC. With Bush leading Kerry 52 to 41.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn

Which indicates that they are neck and neck if you take into account the margin for error in these polls. It's going to be close. But if it's that close then you know that Bush will be able to squeeze through on top with all the tactics he will have at his disposal.

I wouldn't excpect anything less dirty from Kerry, but he hasn't had four years to rig this one better than the last one was.

Since the last one wasn't rigged, how could this one be rigged better?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You are aware of the shenanigans that went on in Florida in 2000 prior to the elections aren't you?

The officials in charge of voter rolls got a list of felons from a firm that itself told them was inaccurate and needed to be corrected, but the state officials declined and used the erroneous list. What they did with that was purge african Americans from the voter roles as 'felons'. Many didn't even have the same exact name, some weren't even the correct sex, some weren't even the same race. They erroneously purged African Americans, but not Hispanic Floridians, who are historically mostly Republican, or whites.

but civil rights activists as well as some Florida county elections supervisors have charged that those lists contained numerous errors, and that thousands of eligible voters were prevented from casting ballots in the election.

"Florida's 2000 felon purge program resulted in over 50,000 legal voters being disenfranchised," said Leon County elections supervisor Ion Sancho in a written statement.

You do the math. What do you think?

In any event CNN is SUING the states refusal to release this years voter purge list.

CNN is suing the state, claiming the public and media should also be able to review the list.
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 5-9-2004 by slank]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Polls in this election are devoid of relevance and new pollsters are probably about as trustworthy as the Bush administration and Diebold electronic voting machines, ie not at all.

Margin for error on any poll reported between now and November: 200%.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
You are aware of the shenanigans that went on in Florida in 2000 prior to the elections aren't you?

The officials in charge of voter rolls got a list of felons from a firm that itself told them was inaccurate and needed to be corrected, but the state officials declined and used the erroneous list. What they did with that was purge african Americans from the voter roles as 'felons'. Many didn't even have the same exact name, some weren't even the correct sex, some weren't even the same race. They erroneously purged African Americans, but not Hispanic Floridians, who are historically mostly Republican, or whites.

but civil rights activists as well as some Florida county elections supervisors have charged that those lists contained numerous errors, and that thousands of eligible voters were prevented from casting ballots in the election.

"Florida's 2000 felon purge program resulted in over 50,000 legal voters being disenfranchised," said Leon County elections supervisor Ion Sancho in a written statement.

You do the math. What do you think?

In any event CNN is SUING the states refusal to release this years voter purge list.

CNN is suing the state, claiming the public and media should also be able to review the list.
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 5-9-2004 by slank]

The Bush campaign must have been really smart! They must have known that Gore's home state would not have voted for him. They must have known that Florida would be the pivotal state. If you recall, there were a couple of other states that had post electionre-counts.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
True, but keep in mind Florida is one of the larger electorial college counts, and guess who was govenor there?

exactly. Jeb

Does it really matter who or where, the election was corrupted. At the hands of the Republicans.

(and yes I know Kennedy probably won due to dead Chicago voters voting in 1960)

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
True, but keep in mind Florida is one of the larger electorial college counts, and guess who was govenor there?

exactly. Jeb

Does it really matter who or where, the election was corrupted. At the hands of the Republicans.

(and yes I know Kennedy probably won due to dead Chicago voters voting in 1960)

My point was that if Gore carried his own home state the "fix" wouldn't have mattered. If the Republicans were going to fix an election, do you really think they would let it come down to one state? I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Polls in this election are devoid of relevance and new pollsters are probably about as trustworthy as the Bush administration

Excellent perception.

The mainstream Media Bias is fairly spread between Bush and Kerry,
� but the 3rd parties do not show up in polls manipulated to
� avoid presenting evidence to the contrary.
I pointed this out to Zogby, but he ducked and ran for cover.

The difference between mainstream media dominated by
� the Democrat-Republicans and what we see on the internet says volumes
� about the extreme measures they are using to avoid 3rd party voices.

A prime example would be a letter to the editor sent to Sun-Sentinel,
� which was printed with all reference to Libertarian Michael Badnarik deleted.
I came across the letter and recognized the tone, and Googled the guy's
� email address. and asked him about it.
The intent appears to be to use Libertarian voice sans credit:
Rights vanishing

Although I support Michael Badnarik and the Libertarian positions,
� I cannot help but notice in my media research the strong voices
� supporting other 3rd party positions as well.

A guesstimate is that the Democrat-Republicans have, at best,
� solid support of less than 35% of the voting age populace,
� and a single spark could touch off an event best described in
Snapping: America's Epidemic of Sudden Personality Change .

Tracking Badnarik media mentions which continue to rise,
� the Associated Press blackhole is apparently ending.
Discovery is a surprise which should not happen,
� as it makes the media look like fools (justifiably?).
This is such an example: Badnarik excluded in statewide polling
The consequences of such events more than make up for
� previously omitted media coverage.
Other Blackouts continue, but when they break,
� expect a vigorous backlash from an electorate perceiving deceit.

Just take a look around at the parts of the internet not under control
� of mainstream media and you will see what they are not telling you.

To say that there is only 5% out there
� who loathe the policies and intentions of both Bush and Kerry
� is like trying to predict the sun won't rise tomorrow.

As someone else so aptly put it:
Bush v. Kerry? Not Even a Dime's Worth of Difference

>...X...

top topics

join