It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin Wins Peace Prize!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
'Now everything's a little upside down,
as a matter of fact the wheels have stopped.
What's good is bad, what's bad is good,
you find out when you reach the top.
You're on the bottom.'

- Idiot Wind by Bob Dylan

As the bartender said when an Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman
walked into his Pub -

'Is this some kind of f*ing joke!'

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
ahahahahahahahahahahAhaHHAhah

oh wait this is serious.....

*Going back to sleep

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
And in other news;
Charlie Sheen is a spokesman for MADD
Kim kardashian is the covergirl for Modern Bride
David Duke wins the MLK Jr Award
Michael Moore is the spokesman for Slimfast

I mean, why not? Right?
edit on 26-11-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Winning the peace prize for war....what an ironic award.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Putin:

Not only that, it applauded him for “acting as the propagandist of current political events”

True enough.

Now to the award itself:

The Culture Ministry has berated the original prize committee for claiming to hand out last year’s award in the name of the ministry.

Lol, okay then, but wait:

Meanwhile, a founding member of the committee, Liu Haofeng, said in a telephone interview that he had split off from the group and planned to start a new award with the help of Americans, the World Harmony Prize.

This "award commitee" (snort) is a 16 member group of nobodies. Why bother with this drivel?

I suppose the press and by proxy, ATS members in this thread, will jump at the opportunity to blow a story out of proportion if it has Putin's name in it.

edit on 26-11-2011 by SmokeyRoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

hmmm...

I think it's because. as the president of perhaps the 2nd or 3rd most powerful nation on Earth, he actually has done decently in keeping the country together, wile playing an influential role in cool heads running things.

Granted I don't necessarily agree with it, but I don't see Putin bombing nay country he wants. In fact, I see him as the few preventing additional wars in the middle east.

lol. He seems like a guy I could have a beer with, as they say about Bush. However, a guy who I could have beer with who could kill me if we got into a drunken fight.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Should be re-named the 'Peace' of S*%# prize.....

Seems that many things have lost their validility.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This award hasn't been relevant for about 50 years.

Who's next year's recipient? Kim Jong Il?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SavannahCat

Which award do you mean?

This is the award being discussed

edit on 26-11-2011 by SmokeyRoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyRoom

Ahh I see this is some chinese knock off award.. nvm.

the nobel version is just as bad though : /

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm sure you mean piece prize.
Piece of this country, piece of that country.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sometimes you have to go to war... it cannot be stopped.

The matter of fact here is that Obama, Bush chose to go to (and continue) a war that had no purpose whatsoever. It was an act of terrorism and an unjustified killing spree, you can call it genocide or population control. There is no valid reason for what went on in Iraq, and Afghanistan.

What happened in Chechnya can be considered an internal conflict... after all it is/was russia territory.

America (under bush, obama) started a so called "war" (i prefer to call it genocide) halfway across the world, that had no logical means to provide defence measures or 'restoring the peace' in any way at all.

Now any act of war is never peaceful... but if its your own territory where the war is happening, then it can be considered an act of restoring peace to YOUR OWN REGION!

Now after you've taken that in properly... Obama cannot ever be compared to Putin. That is an insult. No way can their actions ever be compared as similar.

The biggest embaressment to mankind is nothing to do with Putin, but the fact that a genocidal maniac of a 'president' has been at large for several years, yet no court or authority has issued a warrant for his arrest and trial (Bush), then his succesor (Obama) gets awarded a peace prize for continuing Bush's genocide-legacy. Malaysia are on the right track, hope other nations follow and round them all up.

The point i'm trying to make is that, Putin is a fluffy bunny compared to the Lion of Bush/Obama in terms of peaceful-ness. Putin didn't destroy his country by spending every ruble on war, so that a massive amount of its citizens are jobless and starving. Why shouldn't he be allowed a peace prize?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

LOL.. This is a smart move by China.

Brown nosing to Russia, while tensions between both countries and the US are at a high!!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

I suspect that you may not have understood what this award represents. It's an unrecognized "award" that Putin found out through the media, was awarded to him. Lolz.

This is nothing and certainly not a "move by China" smart, or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Well, it actually makes sense if you understand Confucianism

Basically, it means that the leader of a state acted in a manner that Confucius held that a leader of state should act, and secured "peace" in a manner befitting the ideal of a state leader - again according to Confucius.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Well I thought people here would get a kick out of it. I'm sure some will defend it or the Nobel Prize for Obama. Honestly, for the life of me I can't see either as being worthy but there you go.

This is the world we live in....

and if you play a video game with violence in it, some people think you're just awful bad. lol
i'm like.. no real people were hurt in the playing of this video game.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Obama's surprised me, this one too...

Not much more to say, sad state of the world.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I honestly have been laughing since I began reading this thread but when I came across what you had written. I guess I had what alcoholics call a "moment of clarity" when I suddenly realized that 24 years ago when I had a bad head injury I never really woke up and that I have been stuck in an Opposite reality ever since.
In all seriousness though that was funny.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Okay... I am lost and confused here. Putin gets a peace prize for two wars (Chechnya and Georgia) as well as his aspirations and achievements in the KGB? Reading the full article was like some warped Alice in Wonderland where up is down and well.... War wins a Peace Prize. (shakes head)

The disturbing thing is... Obama got his peace prize and promptly helped expand the war into Pakistan among other places....and helped start a whole new war in Libya.

What wars will Putin look to expand and start now that he has his peace prize? Putin doesn't seem the type to tolerated being upstaged by some little runt like Obama...so what might the old KGB fox have in mind?

Oh the times are interesting.......especially given it's the Chinese awarding the 'Peace' prize. Some days I feel like I'm in a Dale Brown novel..lol

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
truly bloody amazing... entire worlds gone fooking mad...

None of the primitives even comprehend the meaning of peace...

Should make a new award - the nukies for the most psychotic of the warmongers...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join