It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret collating by TPTB ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Seen this devise whilst out shopping, and thought it a bit odd.
Now the idea is to place your palm on the screen and get a free cola bottle, Harmless you would have thought ? not if you look round and see CCTV cameras every where, what a great way to collect and save information and get your palm prints in one easy step,

The location is scarily close to a major intelligence agency (UK), Any thoughts guys...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Oh come on.

Its a coke machine, not a finger print taker.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Interesting catch there. I'm seeing what you're talking about by just reading the front of the machine. There must be more to this, but it sure is something different. I don't see lines of people like I'd expect for something like free cokes just being spit out for a wave of the hand....so what's the catch? What is the picture missing about how this new coke machine gizmo works?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Its a coke machine, not a finger print taker.

Can you do it whilst wearing gloves?

OP may have a point. You ain't mentioned all the cams looking at you as you take out a coke, as mentioned in the OP.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't see lines of people like I'd expect for something like free cokes just being spit out for a wave of the hand

Who would want free cokes? Who always wants free things?
Young kids.
What happend in the UK a few months back?
What age group were those people?

I'd expect the younger generation to use it more.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The beauty of this device is it does not dispense a bottle every time only at a ratio 200/1, It has whole families queuing up waving there palms at the circular monitor, and this store is a 24/7 setup, Thats a hell of alot of palm prints being collated IMO.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
have you ever used your finger print , instead of password to protect your labtop ?

Maybe they have your FP already ?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Also there's a bit of symbology going on.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, this might be a bit of a stretch.

We can safely say that the backround behind Santa Clause, is space.
I can see the little stars.

The round thing where you place your hand to receive your coke (juice, energy) is the Sun and below it are the twelve constellations (twelve counted coke signs).

With an arrow pointng downwards to a square which is the slot where your coke comes out off, could be Earth?

What's interesting then is above Santa there's a massive round symbol with Coca Cola written on it, now here it comes;

Could that be Nibiru, the red planet coming towards us from behind the Sun?

Yep I said it was going to be a bit of a stretch, requires imagination.

lol

ETA:

The round bit where you flash can also been seen as an eye, thus the Sun.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Try to put the idea out of your head that its a coke dispenser, Imagine it the device was placed outside a local hunting and weapons store, And it dispensed free crossbow arrows (Bloody expensive) or even outside an auto spares store dispensing free bulbs.

I have never seen a device like this so maybe its a first generation system on trial so to speak ?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hmm.. I gave this thought for about 25 seconds more than I originally did...

and I came up with this: That hand sensor is there to...wait for it... Save Energy.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Do you have to place your hand ON in or just wave hand in front of sensor?

If it is just a wave of the hand or anything in front of a motion sensor, then it is actually a brilliant advertising scheme.

Notice they placed it in front of a grocery store? On your way in to SPEND MONEY they heighten your desire for a CC with GAMBLING. Most people will not win a free soda. So they enter the store with an instantly created unfulfilled need for Coca Cola. Those who do win now equate CC with winning and joy. I all cases people now see CC as a prize and have CC fresh in their mind while they shop.

They are training people like they do lab rats.

If you have to place a naked hand on the sensor, well, then it is both all of the above AND creepy tin hat material!

But the picture clearly shows thew instructions say "Wave hand here..." so i'll go with the former.

edit on 26-11-2011 by GuyverUnit I because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Apparently it's not the first time they collected data on people.

Visitors to the amusement park (Coca-Cola Village) sponsored by Coca Cola Israel wore RFID bracelets enabling them to log onto their Facebook accounts and indicate that they “liked” certain activities, such as a water slide or a wave pool. Coke’s advertising agency, E-dologic, developed the idea and installed the RFID system. The project succeeded beyond the organizer’s expectations: A total of 6,500 teenagers attended throughout the six-week period, 1,500 RFID-enabled wristbands were put into service, and the event became the most popular Facebook page in Israel, with 80,000 users and 652,700 daily post views.

adventofdeception.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Can you win again if you have already won?

If yes, then I would assume its not collecting data/info on each individual.
If no..........................

Surely if they were collecting data, that would have to be disclosed in some fine print somewhere on the machine??

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Had another look at the device today and at the rear there appears to be a standard 240volt connection, no antenna area and no obvious usb or ports for downloading data. The device is smack clear in front of an elevated CCTV camera the digital type linked to the stores own security system, I'm not going to get pictures of that as it would arise suspicion.
On reflection the hand monitor is really high up so not really designed for attracting young people and it was the adults trying to get lucky at the dispenser.

top topics

join