It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you sign up if WW3 started?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The question is self-evident. Would you indeed sign up to serve your country if war was declared? And why?

Personally, im not sure if I would. Its a tough reality, to protect my family and friends yes but the reality of the war would be that im on bad guys side considering it would be caused by the imperialist nature of the west. So it would be a hard decision. Of course this all depends on whether or not its on foot or just a 24 hour until nukes hit you thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

This should explain my answer:

If they want to start their own wars they can fight them too.

I will protect my interests here at home.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Seriously, no, id be a terrible soldier and id be afraid to let my squad down.

edit on 26-11-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

No...I would not sign up to defend my country that way. I would stay state side and volunteer in organizations to help end wars....and promote peace.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

In a word, no. War serves only one purpose, money making for the leaders for whom you fight. I have no faith in my leaders, I also do not live in my country of birth which hopefully will afford me at least some "protection" from a draft type thing although that is a dubious proposition at best these days.

Some of the history of it (wars) shows quite plainly that its all about money and politics and control.

Take Korea. It used to be one country. Then "the west" got involved and now it is 2 countries, North and South who hate each other's externally implanted ideologies bitterly. (Communism got North Korea, the South got capitalistic western ideas due to the US influence). It solves nothing and often flares up again years later. Power to the people and not the corporate entities which our governments are.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
They would bring back the draft. Why do you think young men still have to register?? I would say that my husband and I have already served our time in the Army.....We would stay home and protect our family here...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If or when World War III happens, I suggest we won't have to worry about enlisting or being drafted. We'll be fighting either way, and we'll be needed right here in our own towns, cities and neighborhoods. Our families won't see this war from Television screens but out front windows and the sounds from fighting nearby.

I don't see he world allowing the United States to take a pass and sit our yet another war where our soil remains untouched while the rest of the world is left in ruins.

Will I sign up? No... I definitely won't. If they would like to request my help and cooperation WHILE I am focused on protecting and providing for myself and my own, then I'll hear them out. I sure won't be GOING anywhere else though. No one will need to, this time.

edit on 26-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing change

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Short answer? NO.

I haven't seen a valid, or remotely true reason for any war the west has been involved in since WWII to justify a sacrifice of myself or loved ones. Not for these crooked bastards running our countries.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I wont go to bat for any pimp nation regardless of the cause.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
not in any soldier sense, but i would offer my help with first aid if injured come my way.
joining the army in WW3 is just a way to die a few weeks earlier than the rest.

But... if there was an invasion on my country. I would defend my people. if i survive that invasion and my country is still occupied i'd join the resistance.
edit on 26/11/2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Would I sign up?? No sir. Not my business. I am not responsible for the stupidity going on in the world nor do I want it to be my problem.

I would however launch a gorilla warfare campaign should the enemy be on my doorstep. And I do mean that literally. They can invade the hell out of Canada all they wanted, if it came within a few hundred kilometers of me however would be a different story. Too close for comfort. Even then I wouldn't join the military. I would form my own squad of armed Canadian rednecks to conduct operations as we see fit.

The enemy could wipe out the province of Quebec however. I don't think anyone outside of Quebec would feel bad about that. Basically if Ontario were invaded is all I would care about.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If WWIII Kicka of properly, there will be no need for
ground forces.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It depends entirely upon what the whole thing was about. Would I sign up for WW3 as the lines stand now? No, probably not, mostly because I see my country (the U.S.) as the aggressor in any likely situation.

On the other hand, if I see another country hitting civilian targets, then I probably would.

Basically, it would have to be like WWI or II before I jumped on the bandwagon.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
No. As another poster said I would also form a guerilla but there is a difference.

I won't be going towards the military enemy but towards all those parasites that hijacked humanities' history for the past century and started this WW3..
All the financial and political parasites will be killed. And killed good.

Except Ron Paul of course.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

No, We should all refuse to take part, lets get the people who keep pulling the strings too fight their own battles for a change. We need to move on as a world, this constant war stuff is no good for any of us apart from those people that gain even more of the worlds resources. If they wanna fight it out, send them against iran,iraq,afghan, china, do i need to go on.

The record is clearly getting old now and people are starting to see the manipiulation and bull# that is involved.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
We are not all a 20 something, a 30 something or even a 50 something!
So my answer is 'no'.

edit on 26-11-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Let's go back to the age of chivalry....when all our Lords, Dukes, Earls and the Sirs (knights) whatever other title you can think of actually did go out and fight the battles....cos they didn't dare arm the peasantry beyond a couple of farming implements.

The present aristocracy of Europe (what's left) earned their title by birthright - but it was their ancestors who earned the merit and took the risks.

And in answer to the op - NO - certainly not. When were we last actually under threat of a full on attack by another nation that truly called for 'national defence' - I always thought that was what the military was for - not attack.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It depends entirely on the situation. If it's to bring down another Hitler, I would. There would need to be some very strong evidence though. Not like this nonsense we had with Saddam. (Not that something didn't need to be done about him, but it wasn't our place to kick things off.)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i do not have a brain. i am your greatest noun. find it.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if you sign up or not. If world war breaks out every able bodied individual under forty five will eventually be drafted to go. I score off the charts on their silly test, so at least wouldn't be on the front lines.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join