It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The Democrats Trying to Lose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am a Libertairan (have I mentioned that) so this does not really matter to me but I cant help but to think the Democrats are TRYING to lose.

With the amount of money they have to spend it seems to me they could elect Charles Manson over Bush.

Bush attacks Kerrys record and he curls up in a ball or even worse comes across as a whiner instead of attacking back.

He is being made to look like a coward and a liar by someone who LOOKS like a coward and liar and doesnt seem to care.

The Republicans are backing Nader and make sure his name is mentioned as a viable candidate even though he is only on the ballot in a hand full of states BECAUSE he is "stealing" votes from Kerry.

Why dont the Democrats do the same with the Libertarians? Seems like we would be the best friend the Democrats have. To me its one of two reasons, they either dont want to win or they are affraid once the Libertarian Genie is let out of the bottle it will cost them BOTH future elections.

There are dozens of things they could be doing and arent

It just seems to me the Democrats are feilding a Poodle to the Republicans Pit Bull

Has anyone else noticed this?

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Amuk]

[edit on 5-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am sad that I must agree. Four days of the most vicious bashing of an individual ever seen in a presidential convention and Kerry did nothing to counter it.

He needs to get mad, leave the undecided alone (come on most have decided) and play to his base. He needs to fight back and make all those registered voters who never vote get out on election day. That is the only way he will win. He needs to talk to parents of teenagers and make them aware of the price of this administration on the financial well being of their children. He needs to stress that their sons and daughters may have to die to defend the pre-emptive policies of this administration.

He needs to fight, or give the nomination back to Dean. At least he was willing to stand up to those who attacked him.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Why dont the Democrats do the same with the Libertarians? Seems like we would be the best friend the Democrats have. To me its... they are affraid once the Libertarian Genie is let out of the bottle it will cost them BOTH future elections.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there, buddy.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A large faction of Democrats want to fire Mary Beth Cahill that's running this clean, positive campaign but Kerry still believes in it. He's trying to get the Republicans into holding as many debates as possible (where he will attack on ISSUES not character), but the effort to get the American people engaged in an honest debate may be threatened by going "Clinton" on Bush now.

And there's the rub. Most Dems sick of this RNC humilation effort are ready to bring back Clinton advisors and destroy them at their own game now blow for blow, but you know the deal with Rove. Defending yourself is "going negative"
or will be spun that way. What does answering charges even get you here? Was Kerry drunk... :shk:

So we'll just have to see. It's only September. Let the radical right puff up and swing like a windmill all they want up until the debates. They'll get no crowd sympathy for continued shenanigans or claiming "victimhood" when the axe does fall then. It'll be Kerry/Edwards job to communicate issues and make fools of Bush/Cheney then. If they can't based on the sheer weight of the evidence against President Cheneyburton, then they don't deserve to win.

Bush/Cheney's strong suit is bumper stickers and 30 second commercials. Kerry/Edwards will be issues and debates. And no good citizens, no matter what you were told "support our troops" isn't an issue. As with most of the Bush/Cheney platfrom it's a bumper sticker slogan. :shk:

But how anyone thinks the personal attacks on Kerry using the word "sensitive" or here's a clip of Kerry saying something stupid is in anyway "sticking" to his character or making Bush look good is beyond me. Kerry's initial lead was merely a result of people knowing Bush was an idiot in public for the past four years, but knowing nothing about Kerry. Leave it to the right when they can't make Bush look good, to try to make Kerry look as bad as Bush.

Don't you think Kerry could FLOOD the media with images of Bush saying the bucknuts dumbest things a human being has EVER said on camera? :shk: The Kerry campagin wants to be better than that. Better than Bush.

But it does lead me to the same conclusion I've been hearing alot since the RNC fiasco. Republicans want to disillusion the people and suppress the vote. Destroy hope. Turn off undecideds. Literally enforce the "do you really want to vote for a lessor of two evils" BS, both are the same, both are cousins, both are Skull & Bones BS, the crap you see every time you turn around, even from NADAR...all of course on top of their ususal a third vote is a wasted vote rhetoric to keep apathy high.

Republicans win when people feel they have lost all hope. Democrats win when people think.

Libertarians will see they face the exact same problem when they come up against Republicans in the future. Trying to get voters to think and giving them hope is the hardest route to go, when the party "holding the ball" just prefers to run out the clock every time rather than even engage your team.

So it's all in the debates, and how fairly they occur. We'll just have to see if the "home team" trots out Bin Laden or raises those terror warnings a time or two during the debates won't we?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Even if Kerry did replace Cahill to do exactly what you're suggesting, the Republican choir would just go flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop...like a third grader they aspire to re-elect.

The state of political debate is really disgusting.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Don't you think Kerry could FLOOD the media with images of Bush saying the bucknuts dumbest things a human being has EVER said on camera? :shk: The Kerry campagin wants to be better than that. Better than Bush.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
I bet we'll see those commercials of Bush saying stupid things on camera by the middle of October.

Both the Republicans and the Democrats will win at any cost; this is why I think both parties need to go the way of the Whigs and Federalists and be replaced with two new parties for the U.S. in the 21st Century...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Why would the Democrats want to win? We are heading into a depression that Bush and the Republicans caused. Why stop their demise? They will have to take the credit for there mistakes, they control all branches of government. Basically all said and done the republicans will never win another election after this one.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It doesn't take any effort on their part to lose or be losers!

new topics

top topics

join