It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe I could be the only one to say this!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
-_- did you seriously just say that the pagans stole their belief system from the native americans??? You my good sir need a history lesson.....please do that.....then you can start to critque belief systems because then you will understand from a historical perspective how cultures and belief systems changed over time. Thanks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

May you live long and prosper!
reply to post by 3n19m470

I gave you a star just for that!
I really didn't know I was coming across as some angry ,unreasonable person.......but your post did make me reflect a bit.....
P.s. you seriously wouldn't want me to name you....lol.......

edit on 26-11-2011 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I was speaking as an advocate for many Native Americans who feel their culture and spiritual beliefs have been perverted for monetary reasons ....I would Love to hear you challenge that if you feel they are wrong .

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Well , how about the destruction of every "spiritual" indigenous tribe around the world ....the end of the Celts ....the roman end to the Druids where the soldiers were frightened ....and death to all the old ways .
If you don't stand for something , you stand for nothing. It's unbelievable how we let spirituality die.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Belief is to borrow another person’s truth

real truth comes from one’s own experience

and what is true for me today is not necessarily true for me tomorrow .
(ever changing) the truth is NOW

I find a reflections of my own truth scattered throughout many worldwide tribes and timeless historical spiritual teachings
so in a way I am like a mongrel dog with no religion, tribe or set of traditional spiritual rules
Yet what I have found to be true in my own experience
is that all-spiritual rituals such as chanting, drumming, singing, dancing, meditating, prayer are all designed to accomplish one thing and that is to bring the person or group into the sacred moment
the beautiful infinite moment of "NOW"

There are many spiritual and religious paths that lead the truth seeker on a great wandering journey, only to lead them right back to where they started from... "right here ...right now"

no one can take away another persons experience of truth ...it cannot be stolen.

edit on 26-11-2011 by xsheep because: spelling

edit on 26-11-2011 by xsheep because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2011 by xsheep because: my spell checker cannot spell

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

The whole world would benefit if we stood for nothing.
Nothing should be the new religion.
In fact all religions are pointing toward the no thing, Consciousness.
It is such a shame that it has to be named 'something' as it gets confusing.

edit on 26-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I agree that the truth can not be stolen. It is always present, however if someone introduces the measurement of time it can be easily believed. The belief in time can make the truth feel lost.
You are the truth. Believing in other time produces an illusionary you. There can be many, many illusionary yous in many imagined time zones.
The truth is right here and right now only and always.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
-_- did you seriously just say that the pagans stole their belief system from the native americans??? You my good sir need a history lesson.....please do that.....then you can start to critque belief systems because then you will understand from a historical perspective how cultures and belief systems changed over time. Thanks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

What acmpnfal said.

And just to add Paganism is an umbrella term. It means any religon outisde of the abrahamic religons (Jewish, Muslim, Christian). SO, this would include native american beliefs.

Exodus 32: The Golden Calf - www.biblegateway.com...

This reference deals with Moses who is dated in the late 14th century. So paganism was around long before what we think of religon today and was treated in the same way as it is today. Possibly worse because it needed to be "cleansed" so that tptb could implement a religon in which there was one god. Later leading, to one religon and one gov't.

This is what makes me believe the tptb have been around a long long long time and have planned a long long long time in advance. In fact I think our entire human history was rewritten and disguised. We have no clue as to what we are capable of, nor will we give time to figure out what it was is. There is too much to uncover it would take a lifetime.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They're not hurting anybody.

- An actual native

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

You are correct. However , the "plastic medicine man" is one that chooses to cherry pick parts of a deep rooted indigenous tradition .and turns around to sell it/themselves as a teacher and or ways as authentic to that culture. There are so many phonies and fakes out there, that have made a living commercializing a culture. It is disrespectful and in doing this , the true meanings and values are lost ..so we are left believing in phony garbage.

When much of your power or insight comes from certain ideals,ways of life and ancestors. Losing a native tongue or applying ceremonial magick to a cuture with much opposite ideals etc ....the power and meaning is lost. Example....mainstream culture does not honor family roles , or community ..we are individualistic society that idealizes individuality above all else.Now to take ceremonial magic from a culture that prided in community and family ..we cherry pick what we want to see without applying any of the discipline. That is why this magick does not work for us .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join