It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discourtesy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Was I just oblivious to the previous state of ATS or does it seem like now, more than ever, there is constant negativity on the boards and un-called for rudeness? Is there something triggering all this hate? I have been seeing more and more people acting disrespectful towards one another without even contributing successfully to an argument. Not that there is a problem with the majority of users but it seems, to me, that more people are finding it okay to act rude. Any one else notice this?

edit on 26-11-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Is there something triggering all this hate?
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Yes, yes there is.

Its called Haarp.

vvv

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hmm. I somewhat meant maybe something within the confines of the site. Such as, certain threads of subjects that are angering people or perhaps depressing them.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I personally think that a lot of it is down to the various occupy threads.

Its been a kind of a litmus test to see where people really stand, and a lot of people have shown that where they really stand is right behind the cops pepper spraying old ladies and beating up pregnant women because they have been slightly inconvenienced on their way to work.

For years ATS has been full of talk of revolution and standing up to the powers that be but when it comes to the crunch most members have fallen in line right behind the jack boot and the riot shield as long as it protects their own interests
edit on 26-11-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
election season in amerika - always brings them out from under their rocks...
things will return to normal .. (or something resembling normal) after the circus .. erm elections .. in amerika are over.

till then recommend grab a cuppa .. sit back .. and relax till the insanity passes..

edit on 26/11/11 by Expat888 because: tengu mischief..

edit on 26/11/11 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu doing the tango..

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I stayed away from ATS for four months, thinking things would get better, they only got worse. Perhaps it's immaturity.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have found a lot of good people here, yes, but I have also found a lot of stubborn egos too. Probably more of the latter. I like contributing but I feel that I may just need to lurk as I don't wish to get involved in any kind of silly banter. Hopefully, something will happen to help people act more courteous. I am always faithful that change will happen someday, but still, someday has yet to ever come.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I absolutely DETEST discourtesy and rudeness - If I take the time to hold a door open for someone, and they just bowl through without saying a word? I am OFFENDED.

If a stranger speaks down to me when they don't know me, and I have done absolutely nothing to warrant that behavior? I am OFFENDED

However it is sometimes hard to avoid p1ssing matches on ATS, because some people talk utter rubbish.

I have more respect for people who intelligently argue a point, than I do for people who are just plain RUDE.

It's a shame, and I just hope it gets better rather than worse.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I posted a poem on ATS earlier this year, and the very first reply I received told me to grow up, go to college, and get a job. I was flabbergasted. The poem was about spiritual growth, nothing specific, or derogatory.

The poster went out of her way to try to make me feel one inch tall without knowing a single thing about me like my age, job, or lifestyle. I could be a teenager, or a CEO for all this person knew. I do not post much anymore just because of this attitude. All because someone else was having a bad day, and decided to make someone else just as miserable!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It has always been a place for Members to come and present ideas and have discussion of said ideas. Recently the thread quality has decreased to the point of people posting one liners...and thats it. Thats not a thread and its a waste of space for someone to do that and it is against the T & C.

Many new members are not following the basics...20 post before a thread or start an introduction thhread but it is for an introduction not a thread about OWS or anything else. I must admit that I have been a bit rude on occassion but not ugly...just attempting to have the OP provide more substance instead of just a you tube video...

I asked someone in a thread yesterday to provide links to the orginal pictures they were attempting to start a discussion with and he told me he wasn't there to serve me and I should do my own research, lots of people do not want to discuss their opinions or someone else's those only want stars and flags and people to tell them they are great.

this sight is supposed to be about discussion and yes to a point to debate the topics at hand so that we may educate each other...that does not mean to denigrate or flame someone because you don't beleive but to discuss the topic and explain your position and take it from there. Some people only want to elevate their opinion and only their opinion and only want those who agree with them to post in a thread.

We all must do better...and I will make myself do better...so thanks for pointing out our follibles and hope we can all have open discussions without the bitterness

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Although I would hate for it to come to this, perhaps the moderators can start enforcing a system of higher quality and politeness. That may be like trying to get peace from a war but I would love to see this place have it's quality of members improve. Nothing against arguing, of course, as it serves its purpose, but I feel if someone is unnecessarily rude that a moderator should give them a temporary forum mute of some sort.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

The moderators do what they can.

However, there are THOUSANDS of members and only a handful of mods. They can't be everywhere. It is up to YOU to hit the alert button when you see something that violates the T & C.

To that effect, it would also help if ALL members read the T & C every now and then to know what to look for.

new topics

top topics

join