It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The shocking truth about the crackdown on Occupy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Very interesting and I didn't hear about a bunch of these ``incidents``...

The shocking truth about the crackdown on Occupy

An elderly woman was pepper-sprayed in the face; the scene of unresisting, supine students at UC Davis being pepper-sprayed by phalanxes of riot police went viral online; images proliferated of young women – targeted seemingly for their gender – screaming, dragged by the hair by police in riot gear; and the pictures of a young man, stunned and bleeding profusely from the head, emerged in the record of the middle-of-the-night clearing of Zuccotti Park.

The New York Times reported that "New York cops have arrested, punched, whacked, shoved to the ground and tossed a barrier at reporters and photographers" covering protests. Reporters were asked by NYPD to raise their hands to prove they had credentials: when many dutifully did so, they were taken, upon threat of arrest, away from the story they were covering, and penned far from the site in which the news was unfolding. Other reporters wearing press passes were arrested and roughed up by cops, after being – falsely – informed by police that "It is illegal to take pictures on the sidewalk."

In New York, a state supreme court justice and a New York City council member were beaten up; in Berkeley, California, one of our greatest national poets, Robert Hass, was beaten with batons. The picture darkened still further when Wonkette and Washingtonsblog.com reported that the Mayor of Oakland acknowledged that the Department of Homeland Security had participated in an 18-city mayor conference call advising mayors on "how to suppress" Occupy protests.

And of course :

Journalist Chris Hayes reported on a leaked memo that revealed lobbyists vying for an $850,000 contract to smear Occupy. Message coordination of this kind is impossible without a full-court press at the top. This was clearly not simply a case of a freaked-out mayors', city-by-city municipal overreaction against mess in the parks and cranky campers. As the puzzle pieces fit together, they began to show coordination against OWS at the highest national levels.

Even at the beginning, John Stewart, who's supposed to be the ``most trusted man in America`` didn't report on OWS for 2 weeks after it started...

And to people who think that ``Obama supports this``...

For the terrible insight to take away from news that the Department of Homeland Security coordinated a violent crackdown is that the DHS does not freelance. The DHS cannot say, on its own initiative, "we are going after these scruffy hippies". Rather, DHS is answerable up a chain of command: first, to New York Representative Peter King, head of the House homeland security subcommittee, who naturally is influenced by his fellow congressmen and women's wishes and interests. And the DHS answers directly, above King, to the president (who was conveniently in Australia at the time).

In other words, for the DHS to be on a call with mayors, the logic of its chain of command and accountability implies that congressional overseers, with the blessing of the White House, told the DHS to authorise mayors to order their police forces – pumped up with millions of dollars of hardware and training from the DHS – to make war on peaceful citizens.

Obama and congress are bankers puppets, of course they oppose OWS.

So, when you connect the dots, properly understood, what happened this week is the first battle in a civil war; a civil war in which, for now, only one side is choosing violence. It is a battle in which members of Congress, with the collusion of the American president, sent violent, organised suppression against the people they are supposed to represent

May I say, Titor was right?
edit on 26-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't think it really matters. The OWS made their bed, let them rot in it. The reason why they are going after the OWS is because the OWS messed up and alienated anyone that wasn't an extreme leftist. Heck look at their "progressive caucus", and how racist and sexist it is. Basically a "progressive caucus" is if you have light colored skin+ a male genitalia you have to speak last if at all. I guess that fit's in well with all the male hating bigots and Caucasian hating bigots + all the self loathing mangina's that make up a certain percentage of OWS people.

They limited the amount of support they will ever receive because of their bigotry. So they where tolerated for a minute on the hopes that it would fizzle out on it's own. That hasn't happened because of how homogenous the group think is among OWS. There is kind of a group think cult mentally among OWS supporters and participants. That makes them highly dangerous in a very limited kind of way. Meaning if the OWS people were left alone they would eventually resort to terrorism or a Charles Manson like night of knife play.

Add all that together, and any outrage at how OWS are being treated won't last beyond 30 day's when they are all mopped up. Like I said, this course of events is a direct result of their stupidity and bigotry. Then again if they tried to appeal to a larger demography, they would of been shut down much more quickly with lethal level of force. That would of triggered a series of events which could of lead to a very real insurrection. So take it for what you will. But as it stands, OWS are just annoying squatters. The main risk with OWS, is that it fuels other, not so bigoted social movements. That would be very bad for the fascist/communist's/progressive/banker/NWO'ers.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I've been following OWS for a while and I have never understood some of the things that seem to happen. The way Obama would let DHS attack them. But I allways figured it was Peter King and Republicans pushing DHS to do the attacks. But why would Obama not call them off?

I think I might have found the reason Obama seems so distant from OWS. And really has no control over Attacking them. It seems to be "Global". I think there is a link between OWS, World Bank Institute, United Nations and even Interpol. Seems there is a Voices Against Corruption program that targets election corruption, Banking corruption and other types of corruption around the world. This is the program used to start the Spring Revolutions and I think have came home to the US who started it. Is it backlash? Is it biteing the hand that fed it? Or is it just karma?

The World Bank Institute.
wbi.worldbank.org...

Voices Against Corruption.
voices-against-corruption.ning.com...
www.slideshare.net...

This article about Maria Dayton led me down the rabbit hole.
www.globalresearch.ca...

Seems November 10th they were voting on sending some one from Zuccotti Park "General Assembly" in New York to Egypt to monitor elections? They voted to give them $29,000.00 to do it? I know the US State Department was involved in what happened in Egypt. I followed that rabbit hole and posted proof in a thread. Operation Earnest Voice (OEV) played a part in that. It was used by the DOD and The State Department.

In South America they seem to be going under the name School of Authentic Journalism.

voices-against-corruption.ning.com... hool-of-authentic
www.narconews.com...

Even the early story of OWS having thier money frozen points to this idea. The group was using a company Alliance for Global Justice and the man who was incharge of the account was a conspiracy theroy guy from South America.

abcnews.go.com...
afgj.org...

Heres the guy who was in charge of the frozen accounts Chuck Kaufman.

[url]http://www.interconn.org/newsletters/june11/evil_in_the_world.html

If you want to read a interesting PDF from the world bank that shows a lot of details about what they are doing and what the goals of OWS are then read this.

Accountability Through Public Opinion From Inertia To Public Action by Sina Odugbemi and Taeku Lee editors
siteresources.worldbank.org...
edit on 26-11-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I feel that Authority is cracking down because it can.
The fact that some media spin may minimize the impact is just gravy.

I don't think our cops are quite as bloody minded as the past.
But I do think that leadership is indifferent to our feelings on their actions.
I think our feelings have become just another comodity.

David Grouchy

"It's not that the people are in charge,
it's that their feelings are."
- The Century of The Self
edit on 26-11-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

You don't say...

Give me a shout when you hold a Federal regulator position or win a Pullitzer prize.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
I don't think it really matters. The OWS made their bed, let them rot in it. The reason why they are going after the OWS is because the OWS messed up and alienated anyone that wasn't an extreme leftist.

Your definition of extreme leftist being... what, exactly? I'm sorry chief, but looking at the rest of the post, you've not been alienated for not being an "extreme leftist," you've alienated yourself with your rage, your ignorance, and your crappy attitude.

Heck look at their "progressive caucus", and how racist and sexist it is. Basically a "progressive caucus" is if you have light colored skin+ a male genitalia you have to speak last if at all. I guess that fit's in well with all the male hating bigots and Caucasian hating bigots + all the self loathing mangina's that make up a certain percentage of OWS people.

I think the only self-loathing going on here is your own. You have to pretend to be oppressed and downtrodden to soothe your own ego. I'm sorry (again) but everything you said here is 100% and completely wrong.

They limited the amount of support they will ever receive because of their bigotry. So they where tolerated for a minute on the hopes that it would fizzle out on it's own. That hasn't happened because of how homogenous the group think is among OWS.

I don't think you know what "homogenous" means. But hey, this is a nice change from the stupid "duh, they don't know what they want, duuhhhh" message that you folks have been trying to push for the last month and a half. Someone updated the talking points, I guess.

There is kind of a group think cult mentally among OWS supporters and participants. That makes them highly dangerous in a very limited kind of way. Meaning if the OWS people were left alone they would eventually resort to terrorism or a Charles Manson like night of knife play.

You're just making up bull as you go along, aren't you? Again I offer the possibility that no one wants you in the club because you've set yourself up for failure?

Add all that together, and any outrage at how OWS are being treated won't last beyond 30 day's when they are all mopped up.

Not in hte media, perhaps. And who can we trust, if not the media, right?

Like I said, this course of events is a direct result of their stupidity and bigotry.

Stop with the projection already. you're making me embarrassed for you.

Then again if they tried to appeal to a larger demography, they would of been shut down much more quickly with lethal level of force. That would of triggered a series of events which could of lead to a very real insurrection. So take it for what you will.

No, there wouldn't have been "lethal levels of force" - at least no more than is already being used. And you, and those like you, would still be eating out of the talking point troughs until you vomit up some inane ignorant screed, then go back to gobbling garbage. Further, there is no need to change the message to "appeal to more people." It's not an ad campaign, it's a protest. Maybe as someone who lives and breathes and eats and craps television, you can't understand the difference?

But as it stands, OWS are just annoying squatters. The main risk with OWS, is that it fuels other, not so bigoted social movements. That would be very bad for the fascist/communist's/progressive/banker/NWO'ers.

Your ignorance is showing again.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Wow, your cage is well and truly rattled isn't it. I think you need to calm down before you have a coronary.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's too bad that police actions are being used to bring sympathy to this movement that can't seem to gain more support any other way.

When you can't focus on the good things because there are so few, when there is little else, you take the bad, the isolated and instigated incidents and portray them in ways that benefit the cause, gain sympathy and support where otherwise there would be little or none.

They want violence and anger, and will not relent in their efforts to make it happen.

IMO

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Targeting females is an old ploy.

Most men will instinctively try to protect women which is the reaction the 'police' want so that they can unleash full force claiming a violent protest.

Becuase they wear a uniform does not mean they are police. Thugs paid for by the authorities dressed as cops is also another common ploy.

You are not playing with nice people and they would rather cull you than arrest you so do not fall for it. They soaked the hippies with '___' to beat flower power and will do the same with OWS.

Dont take part in their game, keep playing yours.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I like others am shocked at the use of pepper spray in the faces of peaceful protesters.

While many have differing views of OWS and the politics behind such a movement, when events such as this become the tyranny that it clearly shows itself to be, then if and only if your spidy senses are working would you then conclude that such arrogance and complete disregard for human and civil rights equates to a police state needed to protect the interests of the corrupt government and the corrupt corporations that fund the government.

While many think OWS is one thing when it could be another, I didn't post this to discuss what everybody else is discussing. I posted so that I could add a measure of concern that exists covertly within this current state of affairs in our nation and in the world.

We have corporations that support a global agenda and part of that agenda is human depopulation.

We have over time heard and read of the many ways pharmaceutical companies create cures that help to sell more drugs and ensures that it kills you while the medical industrial complex makes billions off of the deaths of all those who trusted these pharmaceutical companies to be moral and decent.

Now mix in some military industrial complex secret weapons programs development that perhaps DARPA and others are working on and you just might find that the recent viral photos and video of Pepper Spray Pike are signs of a new means to do much more than just spray pepper spray.

Imagine if you will that they wanted to ensure that all those that are sprayed eventually die or come down with some disease or perhaps a virus of some type that is contained within the pepper spray contents.

No one can verify all the pepper spray provided was not in some way mixed with secret substances, perhaps smart tags, nano particles, who really knows, but the point is that by spraying what appears to be pepper spray, it could also be a covert CIA biological or chemical testing on humans while also using the rising unrest in America to conduct such exposures on the protesters.

This type of human testing would be needed to perfect the effects for dependability and to ensure no one ever finds out that once again, the police, supported by federal dollars get their pepper spray supplies from CIA front companies acting like and looking like pepper spray or police products suppliers.

Such a means to deliver items other than pepper spray is what I want everyone to consider as plausible and when you think on it a while, the nano, smart dust uses would be to database you and record your every action that just might contribute to those other secret tests being run concurrent with this recent one involving pepper spray products.

I am certain there will be those that claim and state that the police would never do such a thing and or that the government, but in reality, its at the suppliers end that originates the source of pepper spray and since that is so far removed from government, it should be clear to see that such an operation would be outside the governments knowledge, approval or ability to control.

To those that think we should trust our government and our pharmacological industries and military industrial complex weapons developments types to do what is in the best interest of humanity is to prove just how asleep you are.

When I watch the OWS and all the protests, I view it from a different perspective and if you dont, well that's OK I guess, just dont call me paranoid because if you do, I would have to admit that there is enough credible evidence in existence about pharmaceutical companies, cowboy CIA agents and agendas that require the killing of millions in new and modern ways.

We are in the 21st century and it is more than time for us to remember that when we view a police force acting in a police state manner against peaceful protesters, is the exact environment that such a covert plan as I have just explained would come in.

Since we have the ingredients for trouble, we should not be shy about discussing them because they appear conspiratorial. They may sound conspiratorial, but they are logical to assume in view of our current push to global war and the deaths of millions.

Just think about it and you will I hope conclude that while fantastic, in this day and age, it just might be already on the agenda and even perhaps already in play.

I mention already in play, because when I recently heard about the Black Friday fight at some Walmart involving the combatants using pepper spray on spray each other, I thought that who is to say that the pepper spray didn't create the anger and violent behavior to occur?

Since I dont know for certain, I have no way of knowing, but as long as you can consider it as possible then this posting wont be in vain.

Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Why does everything have to be left vs right?? I think the brainwashing has worked pretty well on you.
OWS is a movement with all kinds of people. Not their fault that mainstream media is controlled and put them in the extreme left group.
It is time for americans to wake up and work together, as they are screwing you all over no matter if you are right or left.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Why does everything have to be left vs right?? I think the brainwashing has worked pretty well on you.
OWS is a movement with all kinds of people. Not their fault that mainstream media is controlled and put them in the extreme left group.
It is time for americans to wake up and work together, as they are screwing you all over no matter if you are right or left.

Everyone sees it in extreme left and right because, sadly, that is the world we find ourselves in. I've written two threads myself and I've read a half dozen or more from others all calling for the same thing. Tea Party people and OWS people to find the common ground on those few areas that DO have common purpose and achieve together those things which can be.

The odds of that? Zero.... No chance. That's been made so clear in replies I've recieved and everyone I've seen try the same thing that I've entirely given up. The tea Party has under 50% of the public and OWS has WELL under 50%... Separate, both sides fail. Together, they COULD NOT fail by sheer numbers and force of convictions at both ends.

I agree about the brainwashing....... We're so conditioned to fight each other and so busy doing it that we can't even stop to attempt a different approach anymore. And so....hope for change dies at some point. We'll know that point has been reached when the shooting starts.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

star and flag,
your logic is flawless

if this movement was banker controlled why did the banking pupets and politicains colude to remove it.
truth is people were acually free to interact as equals.
and the left right paridime as hyped by the media has become almost defunct.

because the crimes of wall street transend ideology and any rational person can see these crimes were not prosicuted,

they are working together instead of against each other.

polotics seeks to seperate us with our differences and set us upon each other so they can steel the place.

OWS seeks to join people to gether to get a message accross.

EVEN IF CONGRESS IS COMPLISIT WITH THE CRIMES OF WALL STREET,
they still need to be prosicuted and untill this happens it reinforces that congress is not representing you.

thank you for the well presented thread

xploder

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Nothing Titor even said came remotely true. So no, he wasn't right. And anyone who says "WELL HE SAID TIMELINE DIFFERENCES" is beyond gullible.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

I don't think it really matters. The OWS made their bed, let them rot in it. The reason why they are going after the OWS is because the OWS messed up and alienated anyone that wasn't an extreme leftist. Heck look at their "progressive caucus", and how racist and sexist it is. Basically a "progressive caucus" is if you have light colored skin+ a male genitalia you have to speak last if at all. I guess that fit's in well with all the male hating bigots and Caucasian hating bigots + all the self loathing mangina's that make up a certain percentage of OWS people.

Someone has been listening to too much of the Hanity and Rush Limbaugh morons of the world. Hook, line, and sinker of BS for you!!

The idiot right-winger talking heads have been trying so hard to make their idiot listeners believe that the Occupy movement is a "leftist" movement. You look like ignorant fools listening to those degenerate idiot talking heads that are FUNDED by the wealthiest SNAKES to spew anti-Occupy nonsense.

The Occupy movement has NO party affiliate you fools!! Get it through your thick skulls already!!

Why dont you turn off the radio and boob-tube and check out one of those movements FIRST-HAND and SEE how your right-wing NUTTERS are BS'ing you and making you look like absolute FOOLS to those who KNOW the truth.

They are insulting your intelligence, doesnt that bother you at all?? TOOLS.

edit on 26-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
It's too bad that police actions are being used to bring sympathy to this movement that can't seem to gain more support any other way.

When you can't focus on the good things because there are so few, when there is little else, you take the bad, the isolated and instigated incidents and portray them in ways that benefit the cause, gain sympathy and support where otherwise there would be little or none.

They want violence and anger, and will not relent in their efforts to make it happen.

IMO

it also to bad you cant realize that NON VIOLENT is not negotiable in OWS
and what that message says to the world when america trupets democracy and the right to protest,
yet violently cracks down on a stated pieceful protest.

is that america is hypicrate.

when corrupt govenemnts are over thrown in others countries its democracy,
when the people of america try to piecefully to ask for justice in the finacial fraud,
they are somehow rabble?

wtf

smell the hypocracy

i do

xploder

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am not in favor of the pepperspray.

Remember when they would bring out the firehoses?

Firehoses would be the best weapon against these dirty people. Disperse and clean at the same time. 2 birds, one stone.

edit on 26-11-2011 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

im not in favour of causing any harm on pieceful protestors for any reason or to benifit anyone.
would you stand in front of pieceful student protestors and use a high pressure hose on them?

are you saying you have violent tendencies?

mabey you need to remember you are a human and not an all powerful monster,
xploder

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The World Bank document you link to is very interesting, and quite a read, over 500 pages.

after a scan read through some interesting headings;

++The (Im)Possibility of Mobilizing Public Opinion?

++Power and Public Opinion (Mobilizing Public Opinion)

++How Can Citizens Be Helped to Hold Their Governments Accountable?

It almost reads like a "how to" instruction manual

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack -"No one can verify all the pepper spray provided was not in some way mixed with secret substances, perhaps smart tags, nano particles, who really knows, but the point is that by spraying what appears to be pepper spray, it could also be a covert CIA biological or chemical testing on humans while also using the rising unrest in America to conduct such exposures on the protesters. "

It could be. But no one can verify that all the pepper spray provided wasn't just pepper spray.

It's bad enough that they are using it so indiscriminately without suggesting it's a biological weapon. The violence is bad enough without that.

It might be a good idea to focus on the known facts and not speculate too far from them without some kind of information to verify the suspicions you have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join