It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Pakistani soldiers reportedly killed in NATO helicopter shelling - Dawn.com

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

8 Pakistani soldiers reportedly killed in NATO helicopter shelling - Dawn.com

www.dawn.com

ISLAMABAD: Nato helicopters from Afghanistan intruded into northwest Pakistan and attacked a military check post near the border, killing eight troops and wounding four, Pakistani intelligence officials said.

A military spokesman confirmed the attack in the Pakistani tribal region of Mohmand and said casualties had been reported, but gave no details.

A spokesman for the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force in Kabul said the coalition there was aware of “an incident” near the border and was gathering more information.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Sat 26 Nov 2011 by Hellmutt because: Update: 8 -> 25 (I edited the title)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
WOW. Details are scarce at this moment but this JUST popped up on the Breaking News website and I feel obligated to post this. 8 people have been killed thanks to NATO, I wonder what this was all about. Things seem to be very tense lately, I wonder if we've reached some sort of tipping point. Either way, someone's got some explaining to do!

www.dawn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Meh, don't take potshots at helicopters. I say that now but I'm always just ever so tempted when the damn things buzz my place. Scares the crap out of me sometimes.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The NATO insignia tells me that NAZIism lives. Therefore, I am not surprised by anything they do.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I find this very suspect and hard to believe since we didn't use a drone...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

They wouldn't be taking ``potshots`` at the helicopters if they weren't in Pakistani airspace.

NATO needs to withdraw from that whole hellhole of a region. NOW.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Last time this happened they stopped the supply line for a while. Wonder what will happen this time.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I wonder ...

WHO was flying the helicopters ?

Which NATO country ?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Last year when this happened the path through afghanistan was cut off temporarily. However I believe that was a US helicopter last year. This was nato. They are above the law last time I checked.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

wow.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Not much to go on here. As stated in the OP the information is scarce at the moment. I am reserving my judgement until more comes out. Did this Nato helicopter enter Pakistan territory by accident, because 2.5 miles from the Afghan border is not that far? It says in the article that they carried out an unprovoked and indiscriminate act, but that is from the side of Pakistan. Lets wait and see what statement is made by Nato about this incident. Pakistan has become an unpopular ally at present, but they are still an ally until something changes that.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
AP has 1 death transferred to wounded from Reuters numbers 8/4 to 7/5

Pakistan: 7 troops dead in NATO helicopter attack
www.cbsnews.com/8301-501712_162-57331427/pakistan-nato-helicopters-fire-on-checkpoint/

(AP) KHAR, Pakistan — Pakistani officials say seven army soldiers were killed when NATO helicopters fired on a checkpoint in the country's northwest near the Afghan border.

Two intelligence officials and one government official said Saturday that the attack in the Mohmand tribal area also wounded five soldiers. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.

The Pakistani military says the attack happened Friday night.

(...)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Domo1

They wouldn't be taking ``potshots`` at the helicopters if they weren't in Pakistani airspace.

NATO needs to withdraw from that whole hellhole of a region. NOW.

Perhaps. You never know, they may not have intruded just been close to it. I don't have oodles of faith in Pakistani military personnel or their 'officials'. Don't have much faith in NATO either. I guess I just really don't care and shouldn't have commented.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
War provocations to Pakistan. Pakistan is bending way too much.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well if Syria was flying the copters go here -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If China was flying them - go here -

If Russia was flying them - go here -

If you're totally confused go here -

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You're using a propaganda website as your source for this thread? Really??

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Pakistan's Dawn with Reuters as source now reports up to 14, with 13/7 certain.

www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/26/us-pakistan-nato-idUSTRE7AP03S20111126

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
AP updated

Pakistan: Death toll from NATO attack up to 15
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45442757/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/

KHAR, Pakistan — Officials say the death toll from an alleged NATO helicopter attack on a Pakistani army checkpoint near the Afghan border has risen to 15 soldiers.

A Pakistani government official and a security official say the dead from Friday night's attack in the Mohmand tribal area include two officers. They said Saturday that the attack also wounded seven soldiers.

The government official was based in Mohmand and the security official in Peshawar, the main city in Pakistan's northwest. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.

NATO officials in Kabul said Saturday they were aware of the incident, and would release more information after they were able to gather more facts about what happened.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Press TV is reporting 25. They like to go overboard sometimes but maybe not.

Seems like the US might actually be protecting these "terrorists" from the Pakistan military
edit on 26-11-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Just wow.

Here it is from Reuters.

news.yahoo.com...
And now this:

Pakistan blocks NATO Afghan supplies after fatal air strike

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 26-11-2011 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join