It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The shortest distance between Science Fiction & Reality.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers. I like stars (hint hint☝)

You may find this relevant to your interests, or you may not. If at any time you think I am deceiving you, attempting to deceive you, or have the intentions to decieve you, feel free to stop reading.
*This subject matter may alter the way you think.

I am going to withhold my personal opinion(s) about the phenomenon I'm about to share with you. I will share some thoughts concerning it though. Perhaps it is a kin to some kind of subconscious mechanism resembling reversed or inverted pareidolia, perhaps not.

Ask yourself this rhetorical question: Do I think Pavlov's dog consciously knew that it was the bell making his mouth water?

Are you sure you know all the variables taken into consideration prior to casting an actor to play a character on tv or in the movies?

Someone once said to me "Sometimes it is about reading between the lines."

Reality: Patrick Stewart is a real person. He exists.
Science Fiction Captain Jean-Luc Picard is a character in Star Trek The Next Generation tv series, and in Star Trek movies.

Sir Patrick Hewes Stewart, OBE (born 13 July 1940) is an English film, television and stage actor, who has had a distinguished career in theatre and television for around half a century. He is most widely known for his television and film roles, such as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation and its successor films..
Wikipedia's Patrick Stewart Article

Reality: Christopher D'Olier Reeve is a real person. He existed.
Science Fiction Superman is Science Fiction, who Christopher Reeve played in the movies.

Christopher D'Olier Reeve[1] (September 25, 1952 – October 10, 2004) was an American actor, film director, producer, screenwriter, author and activist. He achieved stardom for his acting achievements, including his notable motion picture portrayal of the fictional superhero Superman.
Wikipedia's Christopher Reeve Article

Christopher D'Olier Reeve - Reporter Hide Hero, Clevis (Anagram gif)

An anagram is a word, name, or phrase that contains the same exact letters as another word, name, or phrase.

I shall return tomorrow night to add some more examples.

Feel free to discuss, share your thoughts .... and if you think I've earned it.. I like stars

Thanks for your time, hope you enjoyed this,
ILikeStars

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
i love these keep them coming

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Have a flag and a flag only you star-whore!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

Have a flag and a flag only you star-whore!

Call them like you see them, don't you Captain Obvious?

But... can you give me a star for this post?

Have a good weekend,
Your friendly neighborhood Star Whore.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I like it but, it reminds me of the Bible Code and I'm just not buying it....... Cool though!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Fine, but I am not going to bust out my protractor and draw you straight line.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

I have some more examples, It's just a little late right now where I am, and I have a 7 hour long drive home tomorrow morning.

I promise I will be posting more examples that I know. I just don't have the time or energy right now to make more pictures. I think people will like the visual aides, and I would like to include them in this thread.

I'll give you a clue/hint about the next example:

If you liked the first two examples, and are familiar with The Twilight Zone, you may like the example I post tomorrow night

I hope you enjoy this thread,
ILikeStars

edit on 25-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: star?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
My finger couldnt help but do a clicky click on the Star and Flag thingies,

Actually this is a refreshing break from the norm

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Chuck Norris---> FACT = [Fast Acting Concussive Trauma]

edit on 26-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hear there is legislation pending in Texas that would make it illegal to punch or kick the ground if your name is Chuck Norris, out of fear of earthquakes. Can Chuck Norris really crush rocks? I don't know

edit on 25-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: Typo & add stuff.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Nonsense! That legislation is being ushered through against Chuck Norris because of all the fracking that is taking place for oil-shale, not fear of earthquakes...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm about to leave for a trip home from visiting family. I have about a 7 hour drive ahead of me today.

I intend on posting at least 2 more examples in about 10 hours.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
Hello fellow ATSers. I like stars (hint hint☝)

Are you sure you know all the variables taken into consideration prior to casting an actor to play a character on tv or in the movies?

I think so. Sometimes an actor just wants to be HEARD. Interesting you had a thread on here in regards to Machu Picchu.

Someone once said to me "Sometimes it is about reading between the lines."

Was that someone named Shirley?

Feel free to discuss, share your thoughts .... and if you think I've earned it.. I like stars

Thanks for your time, hope you enjoyed this,
ILikeStars

Ok, thanks. I was wondering, could you do your magic anagram stuff here for two particular "Stars?"

John Heard and Shirley MaClaine

P.S. I don't think you are fishing for stars on ATS. I think you like them for other reasons.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Ok, thanks. I was wondering, could you do your magic anagram stuff here for two particular "Stars?"

John Heard and Shirley MaClaine

P.S. I don't think you are fishing for stars on ATS. I think you like them for other reasons.

Sure, I guess I can take requests. I was going to focus on Science Fiction stuff in this thread, but I can probably do this for you, though it may be a day or two. I'm going to have to put it on the backburner, so to speak. I have some more examples to get up first.

I'll be posting two more examples of how Science Fiction and Reality intertwine here in about an hour or two....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
FUNERAL = REAL FUN

DORMITORY = DIRTY ROOM

MOTHER IN LAW = WOMAN HITLER

"That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." Neil A. Armstrong = A thin man ran; makes a large stride; left planet, pins flag on moon! On to Mars!

awesome

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

reply to post by tooo many pills

reply to post by SLAYER69

REALITY: Rodman Edward "Rod" Serling was a real person. He existed.
SCIENCE FICTION: The show Rod Serling created was a science fiction show called The Twilight Zone.

Rodman Edward "Rod" Serling (December 25, 1924 – June 28, 1975) was an American screenwriter, novelist, television producer, and narrator best known for his live television dramas of the 1950s and his science fiction anthology TV series, The Twilight Zone.
Wikipedia's Rod Serling Article

The Twilight Zone is an American television anthology series created by Rod Serling. Each episode (156 in the original series) is a mixture of self-contained drama, psychological thriller, fantasy, science fiction, suspense, or horror, often concluding with a macabre or unexpected twist. A popular and critical success, it introduced many Americans to serious science fiction and abstract ideas through television and also through a wide variety of Twilight Zone literature.
Wikipedia's The Twilight Zone Article

Hope you guys enjoy these.

I'll be back within an hour with another one....

Hint: COMING SOON....

edit on 26-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: fix typo, add coming attraction

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Her real name was NOT Emily Rose.....

Her real name, the name of the person the movie was based upon was......

REALITY: Emily Rose was a character in a movie, based upon the exorcism of Anneliese Michel. Anneliese Michel is a real person. She existed.

SCIENCE FICTION: A movie called "The Exorcism of Emily Rose", a girl who goes through hell, literally, in the movie.

Anneliese Michel (21 September 1952 – 1 July 1976) was a German Catholic woman who was said to be possessed by demons and subsequently underwent an exorcism. Two motion pictures, The Exorcism of Emily Rose and Requiem, are loosely based on Michel's story.
Wikipedia's Anneliese Michel Article

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is a 2005 American courtroom drama horror film directed by Scott Derrickson. The film is loosely based on the story of Anneliese Michel and follows a self-proclaimed agnostic defense lawyer representing a parish priest who is accused by the state of negligent homicide after he performed an exorcism. The film, which largely takes place in a courtroom, depicts the events leading up to and including the exorcism through flashbacks.
Wikipedia's The Exorcism of Emily Rose Article

Annelies Michel - I Seen Cinema Hell gif

I'm going to take a break and do some other stuff for awhile.

Yes, I do have ideas for more of these .... maybe tomorrow.....

edit on 26-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: fix some stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

W and M are different characters. If you don't believe me, on your resume, replace every W with an M and every M with a W. When you are asked why you did that, tell your interviewer that they're the same character because if they weren't, some thing on the internet wouldn't make sense if it weren't.

YEA.

If you run a computer program to pick out these things, it can find these connections. Have you seen the YouTube video where a computer beats out the best-ever Jeopardy champs?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

W and M are different characters.

˙ןoqɯʎs ǝɯɐs ǝɥʇ ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ sʇuoɟ ʎuɐɯ uı ˙ʎןןɐɔıʇɹǝʌ pǝddıןɟ uǝɥʍ ɹǝɥʇoɥɔɐǝ oʇ ɹɐıןıɯıs ʎɹǝʌ ɹo ǝɯɐs ǝɥʇ ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ sʇuoɟ ʎuɐɯ uı ʇnq 'sɹǝʇɔɐɹɐɥɔ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq ʎɐɯ ɯ puɐ ʍ

If you don't believe me, on your resume...

Resume? Why would I need one of those? Although I'm not yet 40 years of age, I am retired, comfortably.

.... replace every W with an M and every M with a W. When you are asked why you did that, tell your interviewer that they're the same character because if they weren't, some thing on the internet wouldn't make sense if it weren't.

YEA.

YEA.... do you know what the U.S. government teaches at Goodfellow AFB?

...Goodfellow's main mission is cryptologic and intelligence training for the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps.
Wikipedia's Goodfellow Air Force Base Article

If you run a computer program to pick out these things, it can find these connections.

Yes. I have utilized a tool to assist me in finding some of these anagrams.

I have referenced this site in this thread many times already, and provided links to it, also.

Thanks for spending time in this thread, and sharing your thoughts.

Much appreciated,
ILikeStars

edit to add: I don't want to play jeopardy against a computer.
edit on 26-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Eleven plus two=twelve plus one
Ron Paul=our plan

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join