It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmanned Drone Is Coming to Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Unmanned Drone Is Coming to Texas

www.courthousenews.com

A flying camera to monitor your every move is now coming to the US. If you played the game HL2 a 'futuristic' dictatorship run by aliens has flying cameras to document your whereabouts...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-11-2011 by maluminse because: related thread error

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 26/11/11 by argentus because: change headline to reflect that of source

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Aldous Huxley was wrong. Its way worse.

Big Brother is automized.

Heres the futuristic version:

Or remember these little buggers?:

Its ominous to see on the big screen but to see in your backyard, for some, is like another sunny day with no worries. As long as I have playstation and cable tv its ok. ...

www.courthousenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-11-2011 by maluminse because: fix image links

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Nothing new to me. Dallas has been considering getting drones for this very purpose. Flying around looking for any trouble and I guess someone is watching and piloting the thing, so if they see anything with the drone,they send in police.

Scary really.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
DHS-Funded Taser Drone Launched in Texas
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A US Sheriff's Department is Launching an Unmanned Helodrone that Could Carry Weapons

Update-New Police Drone Near Houston Could Carry Weapons !!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Not nearly as groundbreaking as one might think. The US has had UAV's in their homefront arsenal since the late 80's. Check out the Sikorsky Cypher, among others.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Then I suppose I'll just have to shoot them down with the magnum just like in Half Life 2...

I'ma freeman.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

edit on 25-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Baseball bats at the ready!!
or anything else you can swing,

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Haha! That made me think of the Robocop automatons...surely attaching fully automatic weapons is phase II.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Unfortunately I dropped my crowbar back at Black Mesa

Needless to say this kinda thing is pretty creepy, also reminds me of the invisible camera bot from THEY LIVE. You know what they say about trading liberty for safety but sooner or later the authorities will just decide to make the decision for us.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
while thats a little worring, imagine if they didnt look like drones...

newsfeed.time.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
while thats a little worring, imagine if they didnt look like drones...

newsfeed.time.com...

Terrific!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
is that the orange light i have been seeing below the clouds all the time recently? im sayin below the lowest clouds on a nasty rainy day

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Had a flying camera over my head this morning. This helicopter had a huge camera pod and it went straight to my house, hovered directly overhead, then went back to the city. It came back and did the same thing over a house about a mile away. I guess they are looking for pot plants, heat signatures for methlabs or just shooting deadly x rays at me. Secret police in a red and white Huey.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Had a flying camera over my head this morning. This helicopter had a huge camera pod and it went straight to my house, hovered directly overhead, then went back to the city. It came back and did the same thing over a house about a mile away. I guess they are looking for pot plants, heat signatures for methlabs or just shooting deadly x rays at me. Secret police in a red and white Huey.

O_o

Take a picture next time is flies over for its annual backyard photography session!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Nothing new to me. Dallas has been considering getting drones for this very purpose. Flying around looking for any trouble and I guess someone is watching and piloting the thing, so if they see anything with the drone,they send in police.

Scary really.

and soon they will be fully automated AI driven squads:

edit on 11-26-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
gee, i sure hope it doesnt accidentally fly into the path of a high powered laser..

would be an expensive accident.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Very cool find !
The quadcopters from Grasp in the second video
are down right spooky in their agility.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Air Force Bugbots
Micro Air Vehicle (MAVs) buglike drones
video shows pigeon and cockroach [large] size
video.designworldonline.com...

but hey folks get yerselves edjicated and up to date buy a maker and crank out a few thousand of your own

be creative

Hunter-seeker – "Ravening sliver of suspensor-buoyed metal guided as a weapon by a nearby control console; common assassination device."[3] Floating in mid-air, it kills by entering the body and following nerve pathways to vital organs. A hunter-seeker is employed in Dune in an assassination attempt on Paul Atreides.[4]

the one in the movie was a bit bigger but you'll get the idea[s]

what's stopping you?

new topics

top topics

join