It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major US Intelligence Agency Reveals ET Contact

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711

Originally posted by ButterCookie
The skeptics would LOVE for this to be bogus, but its not.

They are harping on the news source rather than the official site of the NSA.

Well, no duhhh...programs like CNN and FOX aren't going to make mention of this. They have to keep the "no-aliens-exist-that's-just-crazy-talk-humans-are-the-most-intelligent-lifeform-after-all-Earth-is-the-center-both-physically-and-metaphorically- speaking-of-the-universe-" propaganda

edit on 25-11-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

It's not bogus.... It's just not what you want it/think it to be. Read the complete article and you'll see it is just a theoretical exercise and not based on an actual message from another planet.
If it was, do you really believe it would be released without any redactions? With the name of the crypto-analyst? That a court could make the NSA to FOIA a document they don't want to release, when all they need to say is the magic words..."National Security"?

Besides, if it was real, all SETI scientists and the rest of the worlds scientists would be all over this thing.....

I never specifically stated what I thought it was....the fact that its even an exercise by the NSA is what's noteworthy.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by P12SOLD

ahaha, really? The NSA website good enough for you? www.nsa.gov...

good enough for me I'll tell ya, pretty solid IMHO...
2nd

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

This has been done before many many times on ATS since my membership began, in April this year.

I believe it is a document used to test the deciphering ability of people or entrants into the NSA. I could be wrong, give me some time to find the other threads.

edit: Seems this has already been figured out.
edit on 26-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I was really oping this was true but then I stumbled on this while doing some more research. It looks like it was a pretty big misunderstanding for a lot of people. >>> www....(nolink)/nsa-practices-deciphering-et-signals-668/

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This info to folks here was like a big giant bowl of juicy lookin' fruit on the table up for grabs...

Until you picked it up and found out its PLASTIC!

edit on 26-11-2011 by RUFFREADY because: speling

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

We had a thread about this today, and apparently eleven more this year, three in 2009, four in 2006, and two in 2003 (by IsaacKoi's count; going by the release date, the 2003 count can't be right).

My count was of discussions of NSA documents (which usually, but not quite invariably, focus on the "exterrestrial message" documents).

My notes now include 14 threads on ATS about the NSA documents THIS YEAR (plus several more threads in which these documents pop up briefly).

As I posted in the last thread on this topic (i.e. another one started just yesterday...), I've previously wondered whether the number of threads is a reason for avoiding writing about those documents OR a reason for writing a reasonably detailed thread about those documents at some point (which would not take very long, since the number of documents - and number of relevant sources discussing the documents - is relatively limited).

Several books and articles have discussed these documents over the years.

There's more information available in the off-line sources than the online material which gets cut and pasted on ATS fairly regularly.

The same nonsense just gets repeated, year after year in thread after thread.
edit on 26-11-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

from what I can gather, this document was typed up on a 1940's type writer...photographed...scanned...printed...photographed again (with a cell phone)...and then finally printed out with a 1990's ribbon ink printer.

Then declassified for our reading leisure.
Seriously though, does the NSA have a $5 budget or something? have they ever heard of centering a page before scanning?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
No one is wondering why these brilliant aliens would send us a message we couldnt decipher? Why send it only once? I see decades of indoctrination through tv and movies have removed the ability to think critically. You have a coded message, and immediately people say it is aliens.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

Like CNN or FOX?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The Aliens I am aware of don't need to play these games they can communicate in any Human language
geeeeeeeez!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
fingers crossed this isnt disinfo crap.

I want to believe

edit on 26-11-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I have deciphered the first page. It reads: To Serve Man

Well, that sounds harmless enough.

I'll start on Page 2.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I have deciphered the first page. It reads: To Serve Man

Well, that sounds harmless enough.

I'll start on Page 2.

I see you're a fan of classic Twilight Zone episodes.... So don't go on that space ship ;-)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

We had a thread about this today, and apparently eleven more this year, three in 2009, four in 2006, and two in 2003 (by IsaacKoi's count; going by the release date, the 2003 count can't be right). If you look at the documents, you'll see it's an unclassified cryptography exercise. No aliens were involved, unless one went undercover as a mathematician named Howard. All the excitement today seems to be over the key; if you're interested in codebreaking, you should probably start with the original puzzle.
edit on 25-11-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: date

Sure beats the heck out of Sudoku.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
In 1957 Sputnik sent a msg to america.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

This only was released because 99% of us, are absolutely unable to figure out what that means. To be honest I don't buy it's an authentic NSA document.

Yea, I mean the NSA was just forced to give up the documents via Federal Court Order...

But it's probably some some other organization or something - probably the TSA, that's just one letter off.

Makes sense.

The fact that these documents are viewable through the NSA website is moot!
edit on 26-11-2011 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
The Aliens I am aware of don't need to play these games they can communicate in any Human language
geeeeeeeez!

So no aliens whatsoever?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
So far in every page of this thread someone has reminded the readers that this is just an exercise, not an actual communication, yet posts continue on taking it as being something real .. It makes me wonder if people even read the thread, or if they just read the first post and skip to the end to respond =)

Nope, hardly anyone reads comments. Frustrating isn't it.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
One more point is that while reading the OP it seems to me that something of this magnitude could be looked at and analyzed by far more people than a few geeks. Face it there are over 6 billion people on this planet and perhaps the real deciphering will not be by the elected and chosen but an ordinary person.

Agree. They have acutally messed it up for "virgin" interpretation. It would be cool if they could release the audio so that people could listen to it. You know how some people suffer a tramatic event, usually health or accident related, then all of a sudden they can speak or understand completely unfamiliar to them? I think with some serious meditation and unadultered listening, someone might actually understand the signals.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
It would be cool if they could release the audio so that people could listen to it. You know how some people suffer a tramatic event, usually health or accident related, then all of a sudden they can speak or understand completely unfamiliar to them? I think with some serious meditation and unadultered listening, someone might actually understand the signals.

There isn't any audio.

The relevant NSA article is a fictional problem, which was a teaching tool repeatedly used by some of the experts involved. They also had a sense of humour.

I'm getting more and more tempted about writing a thread about those people and the relevant articles, as a bit of a break from the large thread I've been researching about Astronomers and UFOs.

edit on 26-11-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join