It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major US Intelligence Agency Reveals ET Contact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Give me a couple of days...

I'll translate the signal.

Waited our whole lives for this moment have we?

Good luck and here's hoping to see you addressing the general assembly of the U.N on the next CNN special report..

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Here is the problem with this....whay the good intentioned topic author....has listed as being proof positive. Remember....before any of you start to lambaste me...that I know E.T. to be a REALITY!

The problem with this is it was a signal recieved that was sent by RADIO EMMISION. E.T.....DOES NOT.....use RADIO WAVES for communication....it was most likely a reception of radio emmisions from a RUSSIAN SPY SATELITTE....ENCRIPTED.

As far as the possibility of recieving a Radio or TV broadcast....sent inadvetantly from a distant planet that was near tech. equivelent to Earth.....the chances of detecting that degraded a signal with the equipment used then....would be like getting pelted by a Sea Gull excriment....while inside a safe....inside a submarine.....1000ft under the ocean....underneath an underwater mountaim outcrop over the sub.
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Maybe they're letting it out because they hope some genius will just decipher it for them, im not sure though. Perhaps the experts failed so they're allowing it into the public domain so that someone can do their work for them...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Nice find.
Had a quick look at the doc. Looks legit to me.

My understanding is that 'TV' is used constantly throughout these messages, and therefore the only possible translation would be, " Who shot J.R.?".

But seriously, I do hope some great mind can come up with a decoded meaning. Then again, we can't translate Dolphin or whale, so ... we'll see.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

How do you know they don't use radio waves? Perhaps they used a medium that we would be able to receive, it wouldnt work if they used something far more advanced, so they picked a form that could be received by us....

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

It's already deciphered. What you posted is the key to the exercise. The appendix is the original exercise, and the 31 items before it are the answers.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I'm not actually sure, just having a look now

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Is that true?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The numbers are there, although what do they mean? It has been deciphered to the point that the mathematics contained within have been revealed, although what do these formulas mean? What do they tell us?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Why ask me if it's true? Download the PDF and read it for yourself.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by P12SOLD

Obviously crap, before its news hardly a recommended source were to get reliable news information.
edit on 25-11-2011 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

The document is from their official site, check out the address:

www.nsa.gov...

When you reduce the link its this: www.nsa.gov...

Official enough?

Its a PDF file buddy, hardly official. Also, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to fake and, make stuff up like this. and then put it up on the internet, for gullible people then to believe its true!

Think!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you still honestly truly believe the NSA here have released genuine documents into the public domain, confirming the existence of ET. Get real, friend.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
before its news is not a reliable source and they are just rehashing an old story.
actually their sensationalising an old story.
as already linked to above, this is a few years old.
nice try, keep digging..

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

The numbers are there, although what do they mean? It has been deciphered to the point that the mathematics contained within have been revealed, although what do these formulas mean? What do they tell us?

They tell us Howard Campaigne thought up a pretty good puzzle and no one submitted the solution before his published his.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I remember reading this and thinking it was a statement of truth it was written that way.

I read on and later realized that they showed this to be a practice scenario on how they would deal with a situation step by step, one of many many documents on such training in his books written to prepare as best as possible for alien contact or even war.

Is this not part of the same group of teaching aids shown on History channels Ancient Aliens 2011 a few days ago?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think we won't be able to decipher it because of two reasons.

1) perhaps these are in a format for their tech and we just happened to be in the way of the signal.

2) more likely we are approaching this with our human minds, through a human lens if you will. They sent this using their lens. If two humans can look at a piece of art and interpret It different, try to imagine two different civilizations who never met, interpreting mathematics.

Maybe math isn't as universal as we think. ( and I say this as a former math teacher )

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This has been posted numerous times before as pointed out earlier in this thread, people keep glossing over the reality of this document.. it w as an exercise, it wasn't a real alien signal .. It was cryptography exorcise and the solution was provided..

The problem was put in the context of an ET signal which I'm sure was to keep it interesting given it was a hot topic at the time, and probably viewed as a likely real world scenario ..

This isn't new, it isn't news and it isn't what you want it to be .. it's merely a fun problem in the context of an interesting scenario.. others have reminded in this thread about what it really is, and pointed out the fact it's been posted many times before.. but it seems to be ignored

in summary: not alien =)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Dude...Sorry to rain on your parade, but the whole document is nothing but an exercise, respectively an extension to an article in "Cryptologic Spectrum" by Lambros D. Callimahos. Callimahos was pondering what a message from another planet could look like and what the challenges were to decipher it. The article was titled "Communication with Extraterrestrial Intelligence".

This article is also on the NSA site: Callimahos on Communication wit ET

And, here is the first page of the article you're referring to in the OP. From here, it is clear that Campaigne is merely picking up on Callimahos' article, saying "....In the most recent issue ofthe NSA Technical Journal - Vol. XI , No. 1-
Mr. Lambros D. Callimahos discussed certain aspects of extraterrestrial intelligence and included several messages to test the reader's ingenuity.
"

Here's the link: Campaigne Article, 1st page

If you read both articles, it becomes abundantly clear that it is an exercise, not real messages from ET. Not to mention the fact that both never were classified to begin with, and if "real" they certainly would have been top secret.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by SplitInfinity

How do you know they don't use radio waves? Perhaps they used a medium that we would be able to receive, it wouldnt work if they used something far more advanced, so they picked a form that could be received by us....

I will say this because I can only say so much...Radio Waves...travel at light speed....186,300 miles per second. A LIGHT YEAR.....about 6 TRILLION MILES....is how long light travels in a year. Light as well as Radio Waves....are effected and diffused over long distances by a number of things....Interstellar Dust and Gases....inerference with Solar activity as well as Gravitational eddys...before even leaving the solar system they are broadcast from....and since the closest star from Earth....PROXIMA....is a little over 4 light years away....and some of the closest Sun like stars with possibilities of Earth like planets.....are within a 250 light year radius from Earth....Communication by using RADIO....is neither practical nor would I or anyone else want to wait a CENTURY OR MORE FOR A RESPONSE!

The concept....used alot in the old STAR TREK TV shows was communication via...SUB-SPACE RADIO. A lot of problems and issues with this...one being...even if you could do this....you would need SUB-SPACE RELAY SYSTEMS spread out all over the place and even if one was near by....you would have to access the signal in SUB-SPACE....NOT NORMAL....SPACE/TIME.

There are other ways to use the basic natural construct of SPACE/TIME....to communicate vast distances....we just don't understand the MULTIDIMENTIONAL PHYSICS or a more apt term....MULTIVERSAL PRINCIPLE.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
@ P12SOLD

"Its a PDF file buddy, hardly official. Also, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to fake and, make stuff up like this. and then put it up on the internet, for gullible people then to believe its true!

Think!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you still honestly truly believe the NSA here have released genuine documents into the public domain, confirming the existence of ET. Get real, friend. "

not saying it wasn't an exercise but the pdf
that is listed on the nsa website it's not someone who made a fake link. you can check it out yourself .

www.nsa.gov...

and if you think i made up the link just go to www.nsa.gov... and look under public infomation,declassified,
ufo, and you will see the link to the doc.
edit on 25-11-2011 by zigoapex because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2011 by zigoapex because: mistake

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join