It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya’s new rulers offer weapons to Syrian rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Source telegraph

Syrian rebels held secret talks with Libya's new authorities on Friday, aiming to secure weapons and money for their insurgency against President Bashar al-Assad's regime, The Daily Telegraph has learned.

At the meeting, which was held in Istanbul and included Turkish officials, the Syrians requested "assistance" from the Libyan representatives and were offered arms, and potentially volunteers.

Sources in the Libyan town of Misurata suggested that some weapons may already have been sent. Some smugglers were caught selling small arms to Syrian buyers in Misurata, said a man who trafficked guns to Libya's rebels during the country's civil war.
Well Well These are indeed interesting developments wouldnt you agree? get this line
said a man who trafficked guns to Libya's rebels during the country's civil war.

Said a man who trafficked arms to Libyan NATO rebels, i wonder who could he be.

Everyday its looking more and more like a proxy started by america using some new untested drugs on the young people bribing them to revolt.

Why do i have a feeling these revolts in the mideast maybe the works done by John McCain? John McCain does belong to a western NGO Organization.

Ah that old picture hmm Joe Lieberman with a thumbs up? i wonder thumbs up for mission accomplished?

Well these very interesting developments Libyan NATO rebels helping out John McCains, Sryian Rebels what you think on how the russians may respond to this?
edit on 25-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

One country gives another country weapons and it's liberation, but if a different country does the same it's called terrorism.

These hypocrites are out of control

edit on 25-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Man, I need a scorecard to keep up with all of these players and the disparate agendas.

The Libyan "rebels" were of course al-Qaeda; but I wonder if these weapons were sold for money or ideology, because the Free Syrian Army is not Islamist in nature, however it has been alleged that they are also backed by the CIA and Mossad. I have conflicting information on that too.

I'm befuddled, I really am. Sunni, Shia, Arab, Persian; CIA, MI6, Mossad; all with both conflicting AND complimentary agendas.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

One country gives another country weapons and it's liberation, but if a different country does the same it's called terrorism.

These hypocrites are out of control

edit on 25-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Not saying you're wrong but there is a key difference between people who target military infrastructure and those who target civilians.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

but there is a key difference between people who target military infrastructure and those who target civilians.

So that means you support John McCain Proxy war?
i can see how that worked in Libya in Libya it was an all out mercenaries war.

The same will happen in Sryia.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
volunteers is an entirely different matter to weapons.
sending in people... means this is turning into Iraq 07.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

How did this whole thing get linked under John McCain's umbrella again? Because he visited Libya during the insurrection?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

How did this whole thing get linked under John McCain's umbrella again? Because he visited Libya during the insurrection?

Does this picture answer your question or when John McCain and John Kerry both came to egypt to open its markets?

Because he visited Libya during the insurrection?

Yes that to oh and jus how did McCain call the rebels again?

John McCain: 'The Libyan Rebels Are My Heroes!'

So his Heroes are bunch of terrorist linked fighters? check
Some from Qatar? check.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I get that it is weird for McCain, Lieberman, and Kerry? to be there. I know that the Qatari Special Forces assassinated Gaddafi on camera. I understand the Syrian 'rebels' got their weapons from the same covert ops groups that funded the Libyan 'rebels,' but what I don't understand is how this is John McCain's proxy war!?

new topics

top topics

join