It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun and Icke, why now, all of a sudden.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ok, maybe it was just a slow news day, and i know ridiculing David Icke is an international sport, and people write stuff about him all the time. But i just wondered why a newspaper like "the Sun" would choose to write quite a long article (well long for the sun
) about him, its just not theyre style, you only see it once in a while. I dont dislike David Icke, in fact i quite like him although im cynical about some of him stuff.
The article discusses about how he's now making big bucks out of his shows. He been packing out theatres for ages now. It just makes me wonder if theres some serious discrediting going on here, the sun has a huge influence over the ordinary man in Britain, ( i think its the most read paper in Britain), It just seems that maybe someone wanted to do a huge discrediting act here, and i know a lot of people in this country regard him as nuts anyway, but what a great way to drum it into the ordinary man. But why now, at this particular time, with all this 2012, ww3," the world is about to go through a change stuff."
Maybe im being paranoid. Thoughts?
www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry abut our Mr. Icke - he has inside knowledge of how the media operates and is perfectly capable of turning what appears to be a negative into a very compelling positive.

Icke may be in-credible at times but The Sun is in-credible all of the time.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I would say it is more about discrediting "conspiracy theorists" rather than Icke himself. It is similar to Alex Jones, put some truth in amongst idiotic fantasy and people immediately associate the whole subject as rubbish.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Could it be because all the suns normal targets are in court giving evidence about phone tapping?

How people buy these waste of trees I dont know. No real news. No real investigations and no substance. Wouldnt touch it with the mirror. Another waste of paper.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
I wouldn't worry abut our Mr. Icke - he has inside knowledge of how the media operates and is perfectly capable of turning what appears to be a negative into a very compelling positive.

Icke may be in-credible at times but The Sun is in-credible all of the time.

How would he do that though? he may be able to manipulate the article to givei reassurances to his followers, but how would he get airtime to do that to joe bloggs. I doubt theres anyone in the media who would write positives abuot him, or let him defend himself, theyd be a laughing stock.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

could it be simply a case of sour grapes? After all the tabloids tried
to destroy and deride him many years ago and now they see that he's doing
well both financially and the growing number of people that listen to him.

of course this thread will descend into 'icke is a nutter who said he was jesus'
territory
but that's my simple analysis before that happens

edit on 25-11-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: .

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the Sun being the most read paper - here in the northwest a lot of people wouldn't use it as toilet roll after their Hillsborough comments many years ago.

Although yes, it's strange that Mr Icke is appearing in that particular paper.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
of course his thread will descend into 'icke is. nutter who said he was jesus'
territory' but that's my simple analysis before that happens

Yes, that's what will happen because Icke is a complete "sandwich short of a picnic" type of fruitcake. He peddles his silly theories to the gullible and panders to those who “want to believe”. Prove me I am wrong.

The Sun is just picking him up for the fraud he is. They may paint the story up a bit, but that’s what Icke does.

Regards

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The Sun's a Murdoch enterprise - not the most favoured or trusted guy on the planet. I reckon far more people make their judgements on Icke based on his net presence. If he'd been relying on msm all these years he'd have been claiming from the DSS a long time ago.

He's been screaming about msm for years. I do admire Icke insofar as he patently went through a breakdown all those years ago and has managed to turn that into a massive positive. He's brought a lot of enjoyment to peoples' lives (we do love a good fear monger don't we). I'll hold my opinion on some of his assertions tho'.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

could it be simply a case of sour grapes? After all the tabloids tried
to destroy and deride him many years ago and now they see that he's doing
well both financially and the growing number of people that listen to him.

of course this thread will descend into 'icke is a nutter who said he was jesus'
territory
but that's my simple analysis before that happens

edit on 25-11-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: .

Maybe it is sour grapes, but he hasnt done that well, not really, 99.9% percent of people still think hes a nutter, heck even us conspiracy theorists are sitting on the fence .

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'm not sure about the Sun being the most read paper - here in the northwest a lot of people wouldn't use it as toilet roll after their Hillsborough comments many years ago.

Although yes, it's strange that Mr Icke is appearing in that particular paper.

I was speculating with the "most read paper" thing, im not certain, but an awful lot of people read it, and are heavily influenced by it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Yes, that's what will happen because Icke is a complete "sandwich short of a picnic" type of fruitcake. He peddles his silly theories to the gullible and panders to those who “want to believe”. Prove me I am wrong.

The Sun is just picking him up for the fraud he is. They may paint the story up a bit, but that’s what Icke does.

Regards

Well fraud is a strong word, can you prove he is deliberately misleading in what
he talks about? After reading a few of his books, i think he genuinely believes
what he says that may make him nuts in many peoples eyes but not necessarily a fraud.
Have you read any of his books?

Personally i think the guy is surprisingly more sane than people make him out to be.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

i was judging how well he's done by the increases in his audiences
really....since the 80's when he was a laughing stock and did talks to
a couple of people.

I'm also guessing he's done ok financially although some people automatically
associate financial success with corruptness etc.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Didnt Ike give up a good, well paid career to become a nutter?

He is not my cup of tea but I defend his right to be different and he would not make a penny if others were not prepared to pay to hear him.

They have that right to pay to listen to him nutter or notl, why do you get bent out of shape over it?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think Icke is completely sane - he knows exactly what he's doing. He's done some okay research and spiced it up with nonsense and fabrication (its like listening to a fairy tale) but people lap it up. ..and he sells seats.

He knows his audience - that's not madness - that's good commercial acumen

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
[Maybe it is sour grapes, but he hasnt done that well, not really, 99.9% percent of people still think hes a nutter, heck even us conspiracy theorists are sitting on the fence .

Look at the comments section, about half of the comments are positive, they don't believe in it all, especially the reptilian thing, I don't either, but still.
Of course that may be due to conspiracy sites circulating this info, but you have to sign up to comment and I don't think having a membership on that particular newspaper is all that common, signing up purely to comment that article is far too tedious for most people.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Regards

Sometimes i wonder (because anything is actually possible), and i know a lot of what hes says is outlandish, but what if, IMAGINE, if he is actually telling the truth about eveything, what if this is actually the way the world is, maybe there are bloody reptilians. Its all so crazy, but no one can actually prove that its lies. Me, because of my brainwashing is still very cynical though.

Well fraud is a strong word, can you prove he is deliberately misleading in what
he talks about? After reading a few of his books, i think he genuinely believes
what he says that may make him nuts in many peoples eyes but not necessarily a fraud.
Have you read any of his books?

Personally i think the guy is surprisingly more sane than people make him out to be.

edit on 25-11-2011 by thedoctorswife because: Losing marbles, dont know why i posted nothing.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Firstly, shame on you for reading a tabloid such as The Sun......(J/k, I usually go through it myself to keep up to date with MSM..& when I want a good laugh).

In fact, I'm sure I scanned through The Sun earlier today & did not notice any articles related to David Icke..

I think because of the rise in level of interest with conspiracy theorists & theories has become so popular within MSM, here is a possible agenda that's been set to discredit people who have strayed away from the propaganda BS that we're force-fed on a daily basis..Just my 2 pence on that though.

S&F for bringing the article to light, sharing it with us & having a keener eye than me.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A bit like playing catch up!!! The Sun among many TV presenters (of whom he once joined as one of their ranks as a well known Sports Presenter) have ridiculed him for years because they were told to ridicule him and I would have thought ATSers would have known how that works - full stop

Now just like the OWS Movement was ridiculed by MSM who are now having second thoughts given - not only the upsurge of Legal Actions being taken out among the Media but they also have the very real fear of being targeted by Protesters -

Now whatever you may feel yourself - David Icke has a huge following and I mean HUGE cos the guy talks 'the way it is' whether you like it or not. You can jump on the Jesus thing and close your ears to the rest and miss out on some factual info or you can open your ears and listen and learn - David can take the # - he was taking it when most of you were in nappies!

His followers are the same people who are protesting all over the world not just in Wall Street but those of us who can't see when they're being divided will never understand or believe what's really going on in this crazy world of ours. Even when the lights go out - many will still believe it is all accidental Yeah Right.

No the Sun - which is also known in the UK as a rubbish paper by people who like to read their star signs or do the easy crossword then use it for toilet paper are making in their view a wise move in self protection.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Actually, i know you were only joking, but can i just say i dont read the sun. I work in a restaurant and a customer was reading it, so i went out a bought i cos i wanted to see what they said.
as another posters said, i wouldnt wipe my bottie on it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join