It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Bashing Ron Paul Montage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This YouTube video collects dozens of examples of various mainstream media outlets bashing Ron Paul. You'll notice a common trend: Pushing the idea that he will not win the election, stressing that his supporters are fanatical, and straight up insulting him. This is nothing new, but it's astounding to see them all grouped together.

Guilty networks: FOX, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, C-SPAN, and CNBC.

Sadly, people parrot what the mainstream media says about him. I constantly hear the exact same nuggets of propaganda being regurgitated when some people talk about him.

edit on 25-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I see the video is from 2008 campaign, still relevant today though. The usual brainwashed voters are starting to realize that their current voting practices ( letting the media pick who they vote for ) isn't working out so well for their livelyhood, checkbook, pension, mortgage, etc. They're starting to look more into candidates rather than voting with the media. Let's hope anyway. Ron Paul is the only one who can save this country and I just hope that more people relize it before it's too late.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I have actually been wondering if someone is working on a montage from this election. It would probably be at least an hour or two long... I really am hoping all the downplaying of all his straw poll wins, hyping up other candidates when they win one, the bashing, the manipulating, the down-right ploys to give him as little airtime as possible, and the persistent Bill O'reilly type stunts etc etc are someday all put together in a nice little package. I would strive everyday to make that video viral.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Did some idiot reporter include the word, 'Freeloader' as if to describe RP in that video? I also heard some idiot reporter equating RP with someone from 1939 well yeah, he was four at the time. There is a problem in the video presentation itself however, since some people, especially the mainstream media, could argue that the full context is not there. That could be harmful to RP in the present day campaign in the same way that the mainstream media use the mass blogging in the straw polls as a means to discredit the man. We have to also consider why the mainstream media, (In a blundering fashion) is so anti RP. Could it be from their sponsors or from their owners, or perhaps both for the same reasons. There is some evidence for this when you consider the RP stance that certain countries, (named) can conduct their affairs on their own without US help.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

I wasn't aware that all of the clips were from 2008, but strangely the same tactics are still used today. I would like to think that people are becoming more informed, but with this sort of treatment towards Ron Paul coming from the media, the sole source of political information for a good chunk of this country, I don't think that's the case. But his recent poll numbers speak for themselves.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I have actually been wondering if someone is working on a montage from this election. It would probably be at least an hour or two long... I really am hoping all the downplaying of all his straw poll wins, hyping up other candidates when they win one, the bashing, the manipulating, the down-right ploys to give him as little airtime as possible, and the persistent Bill O'reilly type stunts etc etc are someday all put together in a nice little package. I would strive everyday to make that video viral.
If I had a video editing software, I would be the first one to volunteer. Unfortunately I don't know how to put together clips like that, but I"m sure somebody is working on it. In fact there might already be on out there, so I'll do a little searching tonight.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

We have to also consider why the mainstream media, (In a blundering fashion) is so anti RP.
5 corporations control the vast majority of this countrys mainstream media, and I know for sure GE and probably others are some of the largest defense contractors in the world. They use their media outlets to push war propaganda which ends up making them loads of money.

He wants to end the wars, so there goes a huge chunk of profits for all of those people. Then he also wants to audit the Fed, which wouldn't allow them to engage in their secretive, shady money printing.

Throw the war on drugs in there, and you've got corporations who own private prisons that are going to lose a lot of money from the lack of criminals. Add to that the agricultural and industrial benefits of hemp that will most likely be utilized once it's no longer illegal, and you've got a TON of businesses going out of businesses due to a much cheaper, cleaner, and renewable source.

There's also the years worth of propaganda fueled security measures which serve to dismantle the Constitution while slowly oppressing the people who fund them. The Patriot Act, the TSA, and other things like that are going to be washed down the drain.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Wookiep

If I had a video editing software, I would be the first one to volunteer. Unfortunately I don't know how to put together clips like that, but I"m sure somebody is working on it. In fact there might already be on out there, so I'll do a little searching tonight.

There are scores of video capture/editing programs available free of cost including freeware built into the last couple of windows OS offerings.

Most of the free stuff is simple and intuitive, it shouldn't take more than an hour of study to be uploading videos to youtube.

Think twice about trying, you may be surprised at how quickly you may catch on.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Here's a montage posted about 1 week ago. Ironically, lots of the clips involve members of the media simply pointing out the obvious, that they're ignoring him and treating him negatively. It's not as well put together as I would have liked, but it's still pretty good. It seems like some clips are from the last election, and others are from the current one.

Here's another one with lots of recent clips, but it starts out with the Jon Stewart one that you've all seen probably 5 times.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yes, I know about the corporate interests Tupac, and I have posted often enough about RP wanting to end the fed etc; but quite frankly I don't think that gets to the bottom of it. There has to be foreign interests within the corporates that want to maintain their status quo in running the country behind the scenes. If RP got in, they know there would be a power struggle, he would be the first president for a long time, to actually take charge, no mean feat in itself, when you consider all the corruptive influences around congress and senate, and that he would have to gather up a like-minded administration as dedicated as himself out of the mess, to end the fed amongst other policy. Other policy may include non-intervention, and/or aid to other countries where they can defend themselves, some of the corporates will include those who have allegiances in those countries, and who enjoyed too much coziness with the procession of puppet presidents over the years. They need to be brought into check, along with the fed, It's all part of the same process and bringing power back to the people, not the 'nameless' 'effing corporates. I dare say if RP gets the republican nomination, the rest of the west will be watching.

new topics

top topics

join