It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metals markets manipulation last 2 days?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Whats with these 2 flatlines across all metals today and same time yesterday? I've been watching these for years and have never seen this once when markets were open. This is twice in 2 days. Anyone have any ideas of what is happening?

www.kitco.com...
www.kitco.com...
www.kitco.com...
www.kitco.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's not limited to just kitco's graphs.

www.goldprice.org...

Waiting for someone with some good info on this to chime in.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The dollar is stronger, so that would account for part of it. A lot of investors are hanging to their cash.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

The dollar is not stronger, you could have worded it that the confidence on the dollar has increased.

The system is dependent on the dollar, if the system fails the dollar will fail. Betting on the dollar is betting on the survivability of the system or at least that when it collapses it will be a slow decline (similar to the euro crisis, if you examine the lack of action you can see it as a costly delay over the inevitable), I do not believe the dollar will have as much time.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

Regardless of what the dollar, euro, yuan or anything else does shutting the system off is the only way you could possibly get a complete and sustained flat line. Its like the ocean, there will always be change, sometimes ripples, sometimes tsunamis. Something else is going on here. Like I said I've been invested in metals and watching daily if not hourly for 11 years. I've never seen this even once, let alone 2 days in a row.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yes. It's called no gain or loss. It happens rarely but is not impossible. Silver didn't flatline.

I didn't noticed it but I am not surprised there is now a suggested conspiracy about it. After all ATS draws in paranoid people doesn't it!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Yes. It's called no gain or loss. It happens rarely but is not impossible. Silver didn't flatline.

I didn't noticed it but I am not surprised there is now a suggested conspiracy about it. After all ATS draws in paranoid people doesn't it!

Perhaps you can show me another time it has happened during weekdays at any other time in the last ten years. Let alone two days in a row, at the exact same times. As far as your ats comment, maybe you shouldn't take part here, it seems you're more of a cnn, fox type uncritical "thinker".

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Gold is a valued commodity but its price is artificially inflated.
The powers that be have over the years encouraged investment in gold, forced up its price similar to stock shares and will eventually not recognise golds value as anything more than a metal commodity it is.
Gold will lose its value by probably around 70%? at a guess.
Governments just wont buy gold for anywhere near what its worth now.It will be devalued and these little flat spots are an indication of the commodity's manipulation.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I;ve seen them also
but put it down to the holiday period in U.S.

top topics

join