It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11-like Undertones of FFVII

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For those of you who have played Final Fantasy VII like me, you remember it having an incredible story with great heroes and villains all around.

But it wasn't until many years later after I had grown up that I had realized some of the plot points were congruent with what we know as false flag terrorism as proposed in such events as 9/11.

Here's the portion of the plot that I mean in particular:

A mega-lo-maniacal corporation/government (Shinra Inc.) constructs large reactors all over the world to get a form of energy (mako). A group (AVALANCHE) makes it their goal to stop the corporation from draining all of this energy from the planet. The head of the corporation cuts the top plate of one of the sectors in the town of Midgard, killing many of his own citizens, and then blaming it on AVALANCHE. He is killed later, and his son Rufus takes over, who gathers his military and goes out to find a powerful source of mako, a plan that involves AVALANCHE and Sephiroth, who is the son of the last remaining "Ancient", who were the original native inhabitants of the planet before being killed off by modern humans.

While not all of it is congruent, it does inspire some interest in me how Squaresoft (the makers of Final Fantasy) could blatantly put out a storyline involving a tyrannical government killing its own people and blaming it on its enemies to start a war for a natural resource, years before September 11.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
FF7?
Amazing story?

I'm going to guess you were young and impressionable at the time.
It was a great game though.

Just not as good as Chrono Trigger.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's an incredible story due to the fact that it contains all the proper elements of a good story, multiple villains a heroes each with their own storyline running through the game, and until Oblivion came out, was the ideal example of what an RPG should be.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
FF8 ftw... best ff ever....

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
It's an incredible story due to the fact that it contains all the proper elements of a good story, multiple villains a heroes each with their own storyline running through the game, and until Oblivion came out, was the ideal example of what an RPG should be.

SquareSoft did all of that before 7
edit on 25-11-2011 by OmegaOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i dunno...

shinra makes me think of tepco + japan government

i haven't really looked into this too much but based on how much bias their government has towards their power company i would imagine it was a general fear that the power company would take over the government completely.

just a thought

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
In my opinion FFVII was an amazing game. Just not seeing the 911 undertones, I've seen that stuff in movies long before FFVII. Besides, what made FFVII great was how much we really cared about the characters. Prior to that, there wasn't really anything like it. I mean yah we might have liked Sonic and Mario, but FFVII was a big step in gaming industry. It's too bad subsequent FF games never really captured that feeling again, well for me anyway.

top topics

join