It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me Americans, i need a yummy mac and cheese recipe.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Velveeta is a very soft light orange cheese, kind of mild tasting. Do you have Cheese Whiz over there? Cheese spread in a jar? Velveeta is sort of like that. It's a tiny bit similar to the cheese slices that are individually wrapped, but not quite.

I think the richness of your mac and cheese was from the evaporated milk, I use 1% or 2%.

I got those pulled meat recipes off of a cooking channel too, they're so good to watch for different ideas. I watch that English fellow, Jamie Oliver, when he's on. I like how he just throws together simple ingredients, often straight from his garden.

Paula Deen is a good cook too, but her recipes often have a high fat content. She likes to use a lot of butter in everything
Substitute a healthy oil for health sake.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Sorry I guess I'm a little late for dinner, but why bother asking Americans when we have our very own top class chef to guide you on your quest for the best mac and cheese?

www.channel4.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
whatever you do, definetly use "sharp american cheese" and an even smaller amount of sharp cheddar

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Scamzarilla

So you don't think stichelton, and parmeson cheese, would be better?

Or...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
For future reference.
I make the Kraft Mac n cheese, 2 boxes
For the greasy part I use part olive oil, and part buttter Add a little extra, either the oil, or the butter.
For the milk, I use milk.
Once done, I add one can of fire roasted diced tomatoes. Drain em first.
Shake in some Parmesan (that's why the extra oil), and add a little Italian type seasoning.
Stir it all up, and continue to heat it on low until all ingredients are up to temperature.
Serve it.

Try it, you might like it. my wife does, and she's picky.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Velveeta is a very soft light orange cheese, kind of mild tasting. Do you have Cheese Whiz over there? Cheese spread in a jar? Velveeta is sort of like that. It's a tiny bit similar to the cheese slices that are individually wrapped, but not quite.

I think the richness of your mac and cheese was from the evaporated milk, I use 1% or 2%.

I got those pulled meat recipes off of a cooking channel too, they're so good to watch for different ideas. I watch that English fellow, Jamie Oliver, when he's on. I like how he just throws together simple ingredients, often straight from his garden.

Paula Deen is a good cook too, but her recipes often have a high fat content. She likes to use a lot of butter in everything
Substitute a healthy oil for health sake.

Sorry to take so long to reply to you, having a stressfull family situation at the moment,by the sound of it, we dont have anything that is remotely simliar to velveeta, and as for cheese wizz, is that that squirty cheese from cans, (tragically its not readily available in the uk yet, sorry, sarcasm). I guess the nearest we have to it, is burger cheese squiares.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join