It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bigfoot story

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifabif

Hahaha! I bet they do! I wonder if they argue about if what they seen was really a human or a bear?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

All laughing, pointing. Yeah dude, SURE you saw a little bald Sasquatch... Hey guys, Yowie's SURE he caught a Littlefoot on film! [laugh laugh laugh laugh point laugh]

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Here's the clarion link...the forum is inactive but the info was great.
georgebell.proboards.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The main problem I am currently addressing in my sasquatch research is whether the animals are active year round, or if there is a peak season for movement. Since your sighting was around Christmas, I will file it away in my research along with other encounters.

I think the peak season would be summer/fall, and I hypothesize that these animals spend much more time in their "homes" during the colder winter months, although they are well adapted to the cold. Anyway, that was an interesting encounter that your dad had, even though the evidence was circumstantial.

There aren't any animals that I am aware of that could spread paint out on the wall. It seems the bucket would have to be picked up for this to occur. It is also widely known that these animals skirt the treelines when near humans, as they do not expect that they can be seen.

What is funny sometimes though is when they are hiding in close proximity to you, peeking over bushes or something, and they forget that their heads have to stick over to be able to see, lol. It is also, imo at least, very spooky when they lean out from behind a big tree, and then lean back behind it.

Many times you will not hear them in the treeline if you are standing still, unless they are moving away from you. If you are walking and they are shadowing you, they almost always will stop when you stop, and commence when you do. If you start to run, they will as well.

Of course every situation is different, but there are MANY common threads among bigfoot sightings, even dating back hundreds of years. Some of these almost trivial things are what tells me that an encounter is legitimate or fake, when there is nothing else to go on.

I am conducting some field research in the Sam Houston National Forest mid December, and that was part of the reason I was curious as to the activity level during the winter months. I have heard, and do not know if this is true, that bigfoot mothers dip their newborn babies in cold water. I know there are some tribes in North America that do this, although I forget which ones. I have only heard this from two online sources, and would need more evidence and reports to really believe it, but I thought I would share.

I just love the subject, and I apologize for the random comments in your thread. I wonder if there were any footprints around when the sighting occurred. Usually footprints don't form well, or at all, on the forest floor. For anyone who actually goes out and looks for prints, I have always had the best luck around obscure water sources that have impressionable soil around it. Such as the banks of a creek, stream, or even river.

You will know you are in sasquatch territory, and so there are at least some within probably a 20-30 miles radius, if you see the broken trees and stick structures deep in the woods. Sometimes they aren't even that deep into the forest. Just some advice to let you guys know if you are wasting your time searching in a certain area. Well, thanks for sharing your story, and again I'm sorry for typing such a long random response.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Very cool post Jiggy....

Great to have someone here with some field experience. Down in TX some guys are looking at water courses and under bridges as they seem to be using these as highways to remain unseen. And you are right about the tracks...older ones look very different down your way than other places.

Also found this for folks who who may not have heard of it.
rogerebert.suntimes.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I will share the only (possible bigfoot) experience I've had. Along with anecdotal evidence from a trusted relative.
Maybe it will help your research, or others.

In fall of 1983, I was attending college and living near the University of Texas San Antonio. There was a lot of undeveloped land around the area, including an area which was being developed into what is now known as Crown Ridge (near Six Flags Fiesta Texas). I had a nice convertible at the time, and my girlfriend had the idea that we should go out in the woods and park to watch the stars etc.

There were no houses in the hilly Crown Ridge area, only newly cleared unpaved roads. We pulled up onto a rather steep road, around a curve, and backed up next to a treeline in a cul-de-sac. The convertible top was down, nice cool clear autumn sky. We were there maybe 10 minutes, and were getting distracted from the star watching ahemmm...

Suddenly from directly behind the car, very loud and close but in the dark of the woods, the most unearthly sound I have ever heard. A mixture of screeching warbling sound, with an almost robotic subtone. She screamed and my hair stood literally on the back of my scalp. I started the car and floored it, fishtailing out of that cul-de-sac, with her crying hysterically all the while. I did not want to look back.

It sounded alien, out of this world, so that's where I categorized it for many years.

I have spent a lot of time in the woods as a hunter, including hunting wild boar at night with only moonlight (perfectly legal here). I have heard owls, boar, exotic deer, mountain lions, illegal aliens, cranes, herons, egrets on and on. I have never heard a sound like that, except......

I was watching a History channel show around 5 years ago, and they played a recording made of an alleged bigfoot sound. It was made by some tribal police possibly either in Minnesota or lower Canada, and it sounded like what I had heard, almost exactly. It gave me the creeps when I heard it.

I found a recording which may be the same one, but there is no info. about the circumstances. It is "Wierd Scream" at this Bigfoot research link.

Anecdotal: A cousin-in-law told me when we were in our late teens, of an encounter he had while roaming in the woods near Baker, LA. He said he came into a clearing, and walked up on two bigfoot about 20 yds away. He said they acted just as startled as he was. One was big (7 ft) and the other was around his height or less (guessing 5' 4" he was around 14 yrs). He said they turned and ran the opposite direction, as he did.
edit on 3-12-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Whats the difference between the sasquatch, and the orang pendek? And if ghosts and aliens exist, then in my opinion, some sort of anchient human or ape must be alive somewhere on earth. The Australian aborigines called this creature or being the Yowie.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join