It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bigfoot story

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Back in the mid-70's, when i was about 7 or 8, we would always go to my grannys house for christmas. She lived in Fort Smith Arkansas. Christmas Eve night all the kids were playing with toys that we were allowed to open early
MY dad and the other guys were standing outside hanging out and talking. Grannys house was very small so some people were outside most of the time to just make some space.
The guys came running inside freaking out about seeing something outside. I was scared for my dad cause non one would tell us kids what was happening! The guys got flashlights and went outside. When they opened the door there was a rank smell coming from outside. It smelled like wild animal, skunk, and body odor. IT was bad and strong.
This part of the story is what my dad and his brothers told us the next day. They could here things, more than one, moving in the trees. as they walked the came up on the barn. The door was wide open. When they finally decided to go in( they were pretty scared) They found the paint that grandpa had on the table in the barn was on the floor and spread about 10 feet high on the barn wall. the barn was old just like the house and there were nails sticking out everywhere. one nail had a tuft of redish hair on it. So dad took it. They are convinced that it was bigfoot. There were lots of sighting in that area during that time. My dad took pictures of the paint and had the hair in a bag. when he died in 1988 i asked mom where the pics and hair was and she had no idea. i turned that house upside down and couldn't find it. Mom thinks he took it to work so someone could have thrown it away after his death. I don't know if it really was bigfoot, but i have never seen my dad so scared and it has made a believer out of me.
I would love to hear your stories if you have any! Don't be shy

edit on 25-11-2011 by LittleBit111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Never seen a sasquatch, although i have heard tales of them being sighted around the white river in arkansas and in the rural areas of southern arkansas not too far from the louisiana border.

Some native american tribes in oklahoma like the cherokee have been looking for them and some of them claim to know where they lair at and have had huge rocks throone at them that a human being couldnt possibly lift much less throw like it was a baseball the way these sasquatch can.

New species are being discovered all the time that were thought to just be fairy tales or myths and are actually very real. Maybe one day someone will provide a corpse that anthropologists can study and determine what they are.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I have heard so many different ideas of what a bigfoot is. Like an unknown species, cave men, demons, enter dimensional beings, aliens. I don't really know what to think. But i do think something is out there.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I believe your story. I have heard a bigfoot scream. He was angry at the group I was with for invading his territory. Even though we were looking for him, it was still a scary moment. He was supposedly coming to an area regularly to eat. The lady was an Indian. They seem to have a special rapport with the creatures. She just let us come to see him, but we made so much noise, he got mad. Lesson: IF you see one, just be quiet and enjoy the moment. They seem to hear cameras and such turning on.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Well, if i see one, i hope he can't hear me crapping my pants. I wouldn't want to run him off
I wonder why they tolerate indians? Or why they run, they are bigger than us, and can knock us into next week if we do something aggressive.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Flagged and Starred...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hello, very interesting story and it reminded me of a local story that happened before my time. I am from southern Illinois near the big muddy river and there is a legend of the big muddy monster (bigfoot like creature).

Here is an article that has a pretty good description of the incidents which started the legend. If you want to do some searching through google some of these have official police reports. Read about the muddy monster here:
Big Muddy Monster Stories

I checked into the matter a couple years ago after I went camping at the Murphysboro Lake. We were there in early March doing some crappie fishing when we noticed the people camping next to us had been going out in a large group at around midnight and coming back at 4am(ish). We talked to them the next day and they said they are going out and using calls and searching for the big muddy monster. They also said they go out every year looking for it and had been camping there for 2 weeks (they come to this location once a year). After that I checked into it and found out where some of the legends came from. I'm not sure if I am a believer or not but I thought you may enjoy reading the story. I also captured these pictures of something looking in from outside my window one night, I never thought much about them but I suppose they could belong to the bigfoot, some creep in the woods, or a coon in a tree. These are woods behind my house and the eyes seem to be up off the ground a decent amount. I took one right after the other so they are almost identical.

edit on 26-11-2011 by campingman because: embeded image correctly

edit on 26-11-2011 by campingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

I have never had an encounter with a bigfoot, and not sure if I would have reading post here and on other crypto sites about personal encounters. I remember the first time I heard about bigfoot, it was on the TV show the Six Million Dollar Man. The two part episode where bigfoot was a robotic creature created by aliens hiding in a mountain. they use bigfoot to scare people away.

I believe that there could truly be creatures in remote places around the world that have rarely been seen by man, as for a bigfoot, it could very well be an off shoot of our family tree. I remember a story some time ago that modren man and the Neanderthal broke from the tree and developed towards the modern age together. this could be the same thing, bigfoot could have been on a third branch. THink about it, there are guys out there with protruding brow lines where their eyes look like they are sinking in. covered in hair on their arms and backs. then you have people with little to no body hair. So if it could be true that these two stages of man came down the family tree side by side, then a third stage of man could have came along, but just did not evolve.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be flippant here but of all the reports I have heard, read or seen there has never ever been a sighting of a child 'bigfoot' to my knowledge. I find this a little odd.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by campingman

Your pictures give me the creeps!! I read your info and it is very interesting! I can't believe you didn't think anything of those pics. I would have showed everyone and would be afraid to even stick a toe out of the door! How high do you think those eyes are from the ground?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bsmaddux

That episode of the six million dollar man was literally my favorite episode! It was so awesome! I like your take on bigfoot being an " off shoot" of us. I think a lot of people think along the same lines. i just wish someone could get some DNA to see what kinda info on what it could be.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

I have wondered why no one has ever seen a little bigfoot. I have heard of stories where people have seen 2 or 3 bigfoot and some were smaller, like a teen bigfoot but never a small child. Maybe they don't like the little ones to roam around too much? I also don't understand why no one has seen a dead one. i know they could possibly bury their dead.
Some say we wont find dead ones because they are demons, or from another dimension. I have wondered about these things for over 30 years now. I'm ready for some answers!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Little Bigfoot....pic was taken by someone who has had activity around their place for a long time.
naturalplane.blogspot.com...

Scroll down a little...There is also a youtube video of a little one in NY state jumping from tree to tree that hasn't been bebunked, despite much scrutiny, altho you will have to google it.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2011 by Caver78 because: spelling.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Cool story. I do believe that we know less about our world, then we think and I really want to believe in Bigfoot, though I'm skeptical by nature. However, I was once told a story by my dad, about an experience he had hunting (also back in the 70's) with my grandpa. Neither will come out and say they think they saw a Bigfoot, they will only say they don't know what they saw. There are other details, but it's not my story so I'll refrain, I'll just say credible people with incredible stories do really make you wonder about the possibilities.

edit on 27-11-2011 by SmokeyRoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
www.bfro.net...

Found the other footage...smile.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBit111

Your pictures give me the creeps!! I read your info and it is very interesting! I can't believe you didn't think anything of those pics. I would have showed everyone and would be afraid to even stick a toe out of the door! How high do you think those eyes are from the ground?

It is really hard to say because I have no idea how close to the house it was. I went to my closet to get my shotgun but by time I came back to the window it was gone. I haven't seen anything suspicious since (several months ago).

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Still one of the best Bigfoot pics I've EVER seen...grin. You should put them on photobucket or something before someone rips them off.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Hah well I still think it is some kind of an animal in a tree, can't really call it a Bigfoot just because of an eye reflection. So if someone wants to rip them off I suppose it doesn't matter. The pics have been on my phone for months I just put them on my pc yesterday to show the op.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
check your messages

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Forgot to ask, is there a tree right outside your door? Duh.....facepalm, should have asked that like two posts ago....LOL.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join