It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: The Controlled Opposition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves." -- Vladimir Lenin

“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” ― Noam Chomsky

After being on ATS for several years (both as a visitor and member) I have noticed a trend that leads me to believe that this forum is part of the controlled opposition.

I've seen opinion easily steered either through ridicule or by pushing the conclusion of a thread in a particular direction. Or simply moving it to the hoax section. If ATS says it's a hoax then it must be, right? (sarc)

There are several reasons I say this. Allow me to explain.

1. Threads removed for no apparent reason. - Removal for breaking the terms and conditions is one thing but deletion for discussing topics of a sensitive nature such as black ops projects (which I have seen happen) is a bit suspicious to me. This is supposed to be a conspiracy forum after all.

2. Threads moved to the hoax section before a thorough investigation can be carried out. - Steering opinion.

3. Ad Hominem attacks. - Personally insulting the OP rather than judging the information presented.

4. Replies claiming no validity without providing any of their own. - A hit and run if ever I saw one.

5. Threads get taken off on a tangent. - Negating the point of the original post.

6. Divide and conquer. - Often the first few replies will be a complete debunking without actually providing any evidence to the contrary. This sets up the Hegelian Dialectic so often used as a means of control.

Thesis - OP's thread.
Anti-Thesis - Unsubstantiated debunking.
Synthesis - Confusion and uncertainty. Which is exactly the desired outcome.

7. Extremely heavy-handed moderation. - Just recently there was a thread by someone who had his reply removed merely for disagreeing.

In conclusion I would expect at the very least ATS is used as a means to ascertain the zeitgeist of those not swayed by media propaganda. With what I've observed in the forum it's my view that ATS is way beyond that. I think it's important to always apply discernment and not to let 'group think' form your opinions for you. Remain neutral until you find absolute proof.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Namaste1001 because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Not to mention outright banning of members who express views that are politically incorrect. When someone tries to address the core issues of our problems in a forthright way, they are often penalized by the mods and soon after banned. It is one reason I spend so little time here considering it one source among many.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thread Moved.

Well I was expecting that. So now it doesn't show up in recent threads.

Business and questions? What the heck has this thread got to do with business and questions?

I put this in general conspiracies as it' a conspiracy within a conspiracy website.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Namaste1001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Moved again. Does this not just prove my point even more mods?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Have you ever read the T&C's?

They can do whatever they want.

We are guests here.

There are plenty of people to fight with.

Why choose a Mod?

However, I will enjoy watching you lose...

edit on 25-11-2011 by whyamIhere because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

This is a conspiracy forum. I'm pointing out a conspiracy. It's not about winning or losing.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

It's not the mods fault that the members themselves have lost their personal battle and decided to conform to the order of things. That's why what TPTB do is so effective, it's self sustaining and self replicating.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
As someone that has violated the T&C's a couple times, I understand your frustration.
And yes, you will lose.

What I have come to understand is that the T&C's are the T&C's! That's it!

My behavior is my responsibility, not the fault of the Mods.

You are thinking along the lines of..... "Well the guy in front of me didn't get pulled over for speeding! How can you give me a ticket!?"

Don't blame the cop for enforcing the rules YOU broke, or you could just keep arguing and see where that lands you.

My advice is to lighten up a little, and take some personal responsibility for your own T&C violations.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I think this goes beyond a few over-zealous mods.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Read my post more carefully. It has nothing to do with breaking T & C's, as I pointed out.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Actually, the T&C's seem to be written to prevent a real free flow of ideas. All responses must be kept within the box of political correctness or else. The OP's proposition has merit. ATS seems less a place to truly discuss the burning issues of our time and more another source of infotainment. This source specifically designed to relieve some pressure among those who might otherwise boil over into revolutionary fervor.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Are you mad your last thread was a hoax and you feel the need to vent about it??
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So you post a hoax but yet all of us ats members are your opposition??
Deny ignorance....or at the very least,go enjoy a martini.

edit on 25-11-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Yes...it must be tptb....even though the member posted it under his own accord?

The mods have always been nice to me and I have never had a thread go to the hoax bin.
It must be the big bad mods right??
(cough blanket statement cough cough)

Those pesky powers that be!!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001

After being on ATS for several years (both as a visitor and member) I have noticed a trend that leads me to believe that this forum is part of the controlled opposition.

I've seen opinion easily steered either through ridicule or by pushing the conclusion of a thread in a particular direction. Or simply moving it to the hoax section. If ATS says it's a hoax then it must be, right? (sarc)

There are several reasons I say this. Allow me to explain.

1. Threads removed for no apparent reason. - Removal for breaking the terms and conditions is one thing but deletion for discussing topics of a sensitive nature such as black ops projects (which I have seen happen) is a bit suspicious to me. This is supposed to be a conspiracy forum after all.

2. Threads moved to the hoax section before a thorough investigation can be carried out. - Steering opinion.

Just because you don't know the reason doesn't mean a valid reason doesn't exist. Often times threads are started which are on a topic that has been thoroughly discussed and either verified or debunked long before in older threads.

3. Ad Hominem attacks.

4. Replies claiming no validity without providing any of their own.

5. Threads get taken off on a tangent.

7. Extremely heavy-handed moderation. - Just recently there was a thread by someone who had his reply removed merely for disagreeing.

Sorry, but you can't complain about off topic posts in threads and then heavy handed moderation in the same thread!

The mods do not tell others why a post was removed, so there is no way for others to tell why it was removed. I'm sure it was not because the poster disagreed with someone.
It's useless to speculate.

I can say from my 4 1/2 years on this site that ATS is way above any other site like this, and I'm proud to be a member here.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

The poster made a new thread to complain that his post had been deleted. He even posted his comment again. I've seen people post new threads to complain that there threads had been deleted for no apparent reason. Others joined in to support them.

You may not see that ATS is controlled opposition, but others can.

As for my last thread being a hoax. Well ATS decided it was. Like I'm trying to explain they can do what ever they like and people just accept it as fact.

edit on 25-11-2011 by Namaste1001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001

Like I'm trying to explain they can do what ever they like and people just accept it as fact.

No offence, but it is their site. They can do whatever they want with it. And one of them is they dont discuss the mods actions in public.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I do notice alot of Censorship in threads lateley. This is annoying me ALOT. I mean, i come this site to avoid censorship no matter what the post may contain. At least make a button with 'Show Post' so i can read what the OP says in his own thread.... I really don't like what this site has become and how foolish their Mods act. It's as if the power of being a mod drives them ignorant.

what use are their for 'skeptic' mods on a conspiracy forum anyway???

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Thats not entirely true. This site is as it is today thanks to the community and their users. The mods are just here to control the crowd. And if somebody thinks they don't do a good job then it should be discussed. After all, this is site is made for community and not for the mods right?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I agree with this fully and find it very frustrating.I've experienced the same.Another thing I 100% guarantee that if I ever manage to capture the end all be all ufo or current news photo,I WILL NOT BE RELEASED HERE.
Thanks for the post

new topics

top topics

join