It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being R

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

There is, after all, an excellent way to stay out of military jurisdiction: Do not get mixed up with Al Qaeda.

Except Al Qaeda is NO ONE and EVERYONE... they are who they say they are and aren't and then they change their minds. Anti-FED protesters are Al Qaeda. Pro state sovereignty protesters are Al Qaeda. Gun owners are Al Qaeda. Ron Paul supporters are Al Qaeda. Militias are Al Qaeda.

Ever see the MIAC report?

The only Al Qaeda is in Washington DC and Langley, Virginia.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being Right Outside Your Window

The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president—and every future president — the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world. Even Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) raised his concerns about the NDAA detention provisions during last night’s Republican debate. The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens could be swept up by the military and the military could be used far from any battlefield, even within the United States itself.

In support of this harmful bill, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) explained that the bill will “basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield” and people can be imprisoned without charge or trial “American citizen or not.” Another supporter, Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) also declared that the bill is needed because “America is part of the battlefield.”

Source

What the hell?? How can they possibly think this is a good idea.

Better yet, who exactly are they considering terrorists now?

edit on 25-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Nov 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Holy crap how do these people get elected? This is so anti-american, if this gets passed I am OUT OF HERE. Rather live in Canada than a police state

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
someone didn't even bother to read the summary posted right here in this thread.

(d) Constitutional Limitation on Applicability to United States Persons- The authority to detain a person under this section does not extend to the detention of citizens or lawful resident aliens of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

How's taste the Kool-aide ?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biohazard_Video

Originally posted by Frira

Originally posted by Biohazard_Video

Originally posted by Frira

Originally posted by Mizzijr
This is how a true dictatorship starts.

No matter what, we CAN NOT let this pass.

If we stand by and let something like this happen, then we will be trailing the same path as Germany. back in the early 1900s.

This is the test we HAVE to pass, failure is not an option.

Please name a nation with a more relaxed law.

Fiji...

I am surprised that Fiji has ANY law regarding enemy combatants-- especially since the Coup of 2006, as I believe it has been under Military Rule despite its Constitution forbidding it.

But, perhaps you are aware of something I am not. Let's compare.

Your turn:

* What is the legal disposition of prisoners of war captured by lawful Fijian troops on a battlefield?

* Please specify how the Fijian law is distinguished from that of the proposed US bill.

I believe your are in check, can I get a ruling?

I was referring to the "relaxed " statement. Fiji is more a neutral country and as far as I know doesn't handle "enemy combatants". Most of my friends in or from Fiji are more likely to invite you to a BBQ instead of anything remotely violent.

Apparently I missed something in your statement an attempt at humor to lighten things up...

What awful rhetoric-- and smacking of dishonesty. I asked a valid and centering question in the midst of a sea of hysteria and you hobbled it.

"Just kidding" huh? And then with the barbed implication that Americans would be more prone to invite you to a violent event than a barbeque?

Here in Texas, you are far more likely to be invited to a barbeque than a violent event, of course. But I wouldn't expect an invitation postmarked from Texas if I were you-- for that matter, you are now officially off my Christmas Card list.

edit on 26-11-2011 by Frira because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Frira

There is, after all, an excellent way to stay out of military jurisdiction: Do not get mixed up with Al Qaeda.

Except Al Qaeda is NO ONE and EVERYONE... they are who they say they are and aren't and then they change their minds. Anti-FED protesters are Al Qaeda. Pro state sovereignty protesters are Al Qaeda. Gun owners are Al Qaeda. Ron Paul supporters are Al Qaeda. Militias are Al Qaeda.

Ever see the MIAC report?

The only Al Qaeda is in Washington DC and Langley, Virginia.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

The bill does not speak to sympathies. And you know it does not-- that language applicable to the issue has been posted at least four times already. It speaks to "engaged in hostilities against the United States."

On a battlefield-- that is not a gray area, now is it? Because it also says this applies to where US military has been deployed.

So, your rhetoric is pointless if you know what the bill is about.

But please, if hysteria is your thing, by all means, wallow in it. For myself, I find hysteria unseemly.

I was once on a bus that had a window shot out. Instantly, I was looking for the source of the threat and would have appreciated another set of eyes and ears. Instead-- every man and every woman on that bus was wallowing on the floor screaming like little girls-- making matters worse. Not a person had been injured, but you would have thought that each and every person had had a limb blown off.

Y'all can have this bus. I'll take my chances walking. Goodness, you people are a danger to yourselves and those around you unless you embrace reason and facts, rather than panic and sensationalism.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

including any person who has committed a belligerent act

this is the part im getting stuck on...what is considered a belligerent act?

That was the point I was trying to make earlier Kali, I'm sorry if I didn't get it across. We no longer have a system where a judge and jury determines guilt or innocence. Obama has assumed the power to make that decision all by himself with no one but his own conscience for council. He's no longer the President of a Constitutional Republic; he's a dictator with the power over life and death - exactly what the framers wrote the 5th Amendment to prevent.

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by OldCorp

When there are posts such as this one, I try to take my time, analyse my response, anticipate others responses, etc.

After reading this, bringing in Awar whats-his-name, looking at the absolute worse that DC can and does manipulate wording and laws, I find myself agreeing with the OP, and posters like yourself.
(in my wee little head, I kept losing the debate)

If there is a way that they could manipulate the law, using teams of lawyers to find justification (as in Anwar . . . case) then they could find the same justification . . . . say in the Oath Keepers, or any other group that does not agree with the current policy of any given adminisration.

And to that, I'd have to say. . . .

Bring it.

SOUL BROTHER!

Gimme 5.

Up High.

Down Low.

TOO SLOW!

You da man Beez. Great minds do think alike; even Kali seems to understand how I feel. What a rebel.

edit on 11/26/2011 by OldCorp because: added top quote and reply

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
Another reason why Ron Paul needs to be elected. WAKE UP AMERICANS.

REX 84. Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, was a secretive "scenario and drill" developed by the United States federal government to suspend the United States Constitution, declare martial law, place military commanders in charge of state and local governments, and detain large numbers of American citizens who are deemed to be "national security threats", in the event that the President declares a "State of Domestic National Emergency". The plan states that events that might cause such a declaration would be widespread U.S. opposition to a U.S. military invasion abroad, such as if the United States were to directly invade Central America. To combat what the government perceived as "subversive activities", the plan also authorized the military to direct ordered movements of civilian populations at state and regional levels.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

"First They Came for the Jews" - Pastor Niemoller

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

ATS will not allow me to say what I felt when I read your post so I will simply let the poem above speak for itself.

You will realize, unfortunately too late, how naive your previous statement was when it is too late for you to do anything about it.

Keep in mind, America is the only country, thus far to have used a Weapon of Mass Destruction, not once but twice.

Went back on our word concerning the use of torture (Geneva Convention)

Were led into a war under false pretenses

Are now ruled by the 1% that own and monopolize the majority of large corporations

Have a government that regularly sells arms, trains "rebels" and places into power people of nefarious charactor.

We also have a "black budget" which is funded by both arms, drugs and human sex slavery all over the globe.

You, in my humble opinion, have much to learn.

Put down your XBox, your Ipod, that Twilight Novel, the remote and your cell phone and please begin to research into who is currently running and ruining our planet.

Some books you may wish to look into:

* Corporatism the Secret Government of the New World Order by Jeffrey Grupp
* The Rise of the Fourth Reich: The Secret Societies That Threaten to Take Over America by Jim Marrs
* The Terror Conspiracy Revisited: What Really Happened On 9/11, And Why We're Still Paying The Price by Jim Marrs
* They Own It All (Including You)!: By Means of Toxic Currency by Ronald McDonald
* End The Fed by Ron Paul
* The End of America by Naomi Wolf
* Give Me Liberty by Naomi Wolf
* Pigs at the Trough: How Corporate Greed and Political Corruption Are Undermining America by Arianna Stassinopoulos Huffington
* The Best Democracy Money Can Buy by Greg Palast
* Right Is Wrong: How the Lunatic Fringe Hijacked America, Shredded the Constitution, and Made Us All Less Safe by Arianna Huffington
* Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler

Caution following video shows graphic unpleasant points of history.

edit on 26-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

"A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy force"

This report was done in 2006

law.shu.edu...

That report, shocking and disturbing as it is, is no suprise to me. How sad, but true, thanks for posting the report!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
ofhumandescent
You forgot...

The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. (Shows how the empire thinks of human beings as dogs or cattle)

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon (Same concept, used as a blue print for the British empire to enslave people like in India)

The Shape of Things to Come by H.G. Wells (blueprint for future how to destroy nation state and sovereignty and replace it with cabal rule)

Dope, Inc.: Britain's Opium War Against the World

Dope, Inc., first published in 1978, updating the long and sordid tale of London's top-down control of the trillion-dollar-a-year illegal dope trade, through 2009. This updated edition details the global explosion of heroin and opium from an Afghanistan ravaged by a British-engineered Thirty Years War, and the emergence of the massively armed Mexican drug cartels, operating freely, right smack on the U.S. border (might explain some of this "Black budget.")

This is a calculated form of political warfare against the USA by the British monarchy.

Please be smarter than a box of rocks and stop pointing fingers at Jewish people and Germans who get demonized wayy too much in this forum.
edit on 26-11-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

"What other nation on earth can claim to have stormed the Whitehouse and burned it to the ground?"

Well, Canada, there are those of us in the United States that wish you would do it again. Please.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
What would happen if all the terrorist shave off their beards?

edit on 26-11-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by beezzer
Um, could I get some help here. I downloaded the pdf, it looks more like an appropriations bill than anything else.

Not saying anyone is wrong, but I can't find where it says or even alludes to the OP.

The OP link is an ACLU site.

They always over sensationalize everything, right or wrong, do or die.

There could be some martial law garb in there, but it's nothing that the POTUS doesn't already have.

I think the U.N. Agenda 21 is a bigger threat........

ACLU Main Page

check the "About Us" link there.

They are good for some reasons, but they DO exaggerate sometimes.

They seem to get some authors that are a bit overboard.

BUT, that's what they call free speech and opinion.

Well then my guess is that the ACLU is using the ruse of civil liberties to oppose military appropriations. Who would have guessed that would happen.

On the other hand, McCain sponsors the bill, and my opinion of him has fallen the last couple years. CFR + military = fill in the blank

The ACLU opposed the PATRIOT ACT early on, and I agreed with them, though I disagree with them on many issues.
edit on 26-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

do you have to ask? OWS, just one, and there are more to come. yes it is just words so was the "P"act till it was voted on 2012 is going to a touchy year, your for them the GOV or your not, if your not then your in trouble, in more ways than just one.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

Please be smarter than a box of rocks and stop pointing fingers at Jewish people and Germans who get demonized wayy too much in this forum.

I was not demonizing any group of people simply pointing out some good books.

And you must not have read half of the ones I listed as Naomi Wolf spoke with survivors of Hitler's Germany.

"Smarter than a box of rocks" is a direct insult and trolling.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow, if this isnt the grounds for a full scale revolution then i really do not know what is, i mean first the patriot act and now this? your government is turning the world into a giant battlefield systematically, and it wont be the corrupt us government which will suffer if a country like Russia finally snaps but the people of the US, so i hope for everyones sake Americans stop their government from not only taking their rights but also the worlds rights.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I say bring it the hell on. I'm tired of waiting. Come get some. 75% of the military will side with the people anyway, and I want to see the banksters faces when that happens.....Come and get it. TIRED of waiting.....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

That's kinda what I was talking about.

The ACLU may have good intentions on the surface, but what are they doing behind the scenes?

Your case seems like one of those "behind the scenes" problems.

Seems they preach protection of all the freedoms while taking advantage of all the loopholes at the same time without regard to morals and ethics.
Hmmmmm....

The OP article (from the ACLU website) seems to be sensationalized and possibly wrong.

One post did mention however, that Congress may be trying to slip a change of language in the standard bill.
Would not be the first time we have "unread" and/or "cloaked" language in bills, especially ones that usually have a negative impact on the majority of American citizens.

Does anyone else see "that" ?

The suggestion is that the bill is retroactive. Could there be an active attempt to cover POTUS butt? And the military as well for the death of Bin Ladin?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
Wow, if this isnt the grounds for a full scale revolution then i really do not know what is, i mean first the patriot act and now this? your government is turning the world into a giant battlefield systematically, and it wont be the corrupt us government which will suffer if a country like Russia finally snaps but the people of the US, so i hope for everyones sake Americans stop their government from not only taking their rights but also the worlds rights.

I'll tell you what, you need to be quiet, you Aussie sheep. Your guns and your gun rights got snatched right out from under your noses by the Queen of Perdition, UK. do NOT even squawk about freedom and rights unless you have some of your own first. STFU unless you're planning the same on your little island.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Giuseppe Garibaldi saw it coming. He was offered to lead the union troops against the confederates after having had great success in south America. He would only agree if Lincoln declared the goal to be the liberation of the slaves nothing more nothing less. He saw the ruse that under the just war against slavery, there was the objective to centralise power and control and refused. Now they even stop pretending.

This is why it is pointless to even put up these news articles. This article of Military lock up is a ruse for ideologues like yourself to post up pointless Ca-ca. What does Giuseppe Garibaldi von Wolfovizky, ala Carlton Fisk have anything to do with this? Most of the comments I am seeing on this are nonsense the "Police State" the end of rights and liberties. No one is discussing Rex84 which is an actual billl. I have no idea how so many prostitutes at this place can come up with the nonsense ideologies they post that have no a speck of connection with reality. To boggle people's minds with a petition of gargaly gook. Sort of like when men at a bar get drunk and they know they aren't getting laid. They just sit around and ghoul around with each other until one tries to figure out what the meaning of life is, maybe he just goes home with the other garbaly gook person and sleeps with him. A pathetic society does that. No one in here is making any Ca-Ca sense on this Senators topic. Sound like a bunch of drunkards. Lincoln beat the south with Grant (and Sherman) and you probably wouldn't know much past that with how the Union won.
edit on 26-11-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join