It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being R

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It is worrying to see some are defining America as "part of the Battle Field". What Battlefield and who is the enemy? I don't remember Congress declaring that the American people are at war with a percieved threat (i.e. Terrorism). This is despicable, and what is even more sickening is that people are honestly willing to sacrifice liberty for security. The question which needs to be asked is who is gauranteeing your security at the cost of your liberty?

The scariest words in the English language are: Hello, I am from the government, and I am here to help. – Ronald Reagan

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Dont be so confident my friend, there is much tension over seas. This bill is oddly well timed...

I really do feel as if a lot of pieces have been put ever so carefully into place... and now, we await the next move.

By all means tho, I hope you are right and it does fail! If big armored truck start rolling into neighborhoods, unfortunate reality will be swift and hard - 'by the authority of the United States Government'

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
A bill of this nature will make the Gestapo look "reasonable" by comparison.

Of course, the PATRIOT act makes Nazi Germany look reasonable by comparison if you really look at the powers it gives the Government and the President in particular.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

oooops sorry about that. Really good article though.

Between the phone ringing off the hook, doorbell every five minutes and visitors it's been a long day.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Q: "What battlefield"

A: "Where the US President decides to use the US military."

That is from the article.

So, if Martial Law was declared in the US, then nothing is different. And if an American Citizen is working for an enemy, nothing has changed except the "You can't shoot THAT enemy, because he is an American Citizen!" argument goes away.

Have I got it?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
silly rant delete

edit on 25-11-2011 by akapapasmurf because: pffff

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Of course, the PATRIOT act makes Nazi Germany look reasonable by comparison if you really look at the powers it gives the Government and the President in particular.

Hmmm you may be right.
Sadly , i doubt any one will care enough to do anything about it.

Internet complaing , keeps us off the street and makes money for some.
what a #ty world.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Apparently they think they can do it.

Who do they think are terrorists..?

Thats easy. Anyone who dosen't agree with them. Anyone who speaks out against them. Anyone who stands up to them. Anywhere in the world. This includes everyone here on ATS.

I tell yer, If US Soldiers come down here to Australia or any other allied nation, looking to arrest people as they see fit, They're gunna make enemies of their allies.

Obama has already been down here rattling his sabre and announced the "deployment", of US troops in Australia. I wonder just how much say our own government had in that too..!?!

Because to me the announcement of troops here and this bill are part of the same package..!!

edit on 11/25/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Now granted this movie isn't the best but it's the only one so far that even remotely explains what could happen if we keep going the direction we are headed.

I'm 58 and this is not the same America I knew just 30 years ago.

Again I repeat, our freedoms are being taken right out from under us - slowly and quietly.

This program poses the frightening question, "What would happen if our government eliminated the Bill of Rights?" That possibility is dramatically explored when, after living in a remote jungle without media access, the Gordon family returns to the U.S. Soon they learn that women and girls have been declared the legal property of men. The family comes to realize that the Bill of Rights is no longer in effect: females and minorities have lost all rights; boys are taken from their families and forced into military service. In a so-called election, Mr. Gordon is forced to vote for the incumbent government. When the family tries to leave the country, they learn that they may depart only if 12-year-old Todd is sacrificed as a lung donor for the son of a presidential supporter. The program leaves viewers to ponder choices they would make if faced with a similar situation. Excerpted from the longer program, What's Right With America, this classroom version provides compelling media support for American history, American government, and citizenship/civics units on the principles and philosophy represented in the Constitution and Bill of Rights, as well as individual civic responsibilities.

George Carlin summed it up - may his soul be at peace...........this guy knew the game.

Freedom in American is now for the most part an illusion.

There is the possibility of change..............but it would require a large majority of the 99% to wake up and resist.

edit on 25-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Now granted this movie isn't the best but it's the only one so far that even remotely explains what could happen if we keep going the direction we are headed.

I'm 58 and this is not the same America I knew just 30 years ago.

Again I repeat, our freedoms are being taken right out from under us - slowly and quietly.

This program poses the frightening question, "What would happen if our government eliminated the Bill of Rights?" That possibility is dramatically explored when, after living in a remote jungle without media access, the Gordon family returns to the U.S. Soon they learn that women and girls have been declared the legal property of men. The family comes to realize that the Bill of Rights is no longer in effect: females and minorities have lost all rights; boys are taken from their families and forced into military service. In a so-called election, Mr. Gordon is forced to vote for the incumbent government. When the family tries to leave the country, they learn that they may depart only if 12-year-old Todd is sacrificed as a lung donor for the son of a presidential supporter. The program leaves viewers to ponder choices they would make if faced with a similar situation. Excerpted from the longer program, What's Right With America, this classroom version provides compelling media support for American history, American government, and citizenship/civics units on the principles and philosophy represented in the Constitution and Bill of Rights, as well as individual civic responsibilities.

SSSH don'e let them hear you say that . it's against T&C's
line2

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
the government is declaring war on it's citizens. are the people still in charge, or is that argument still laughable.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I do stand for something...I stand for my family and peace...It is the proper function of the government to ensure I can conduct my peaceful business in an environment of peace, without fear of harm...If the government comes to get my neighbor then they must have a good reason to do so...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

You bet. The smell from the burning Muslim bodies in the concentration camps outside of town is really getting bad. We should have stopped it when the Americans, out of patriotic fervor, began smashing the glass of the Muslim owned and run shops all over America and burning their mosques.

Oh, wait, not any of that happened. My bad.

Oh! I get it now-- you were just using rhetoric in a dishonest and emotionally charged way. I see. That's clever-- I bet it catches on.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira
Q: "What battlefield"

A: "Where the US President decides to use the US military."

That is from the article.

So, if Martial Law was declared in the US, then nothing is different. And if an American Citizen is working for an enemy, nothing has changed except the "You can't shoot THAT enemy, because he is an American Citizen!" argument goes away.

Have I got it?

you got it...
have a cigar...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by jeichelberg

They are enacting a you or me agenda. Bush said those who are not for us are against us. Remember? How many people out there are in the us group? Not very many. They are going to use the empty headed goons who think they can cooperate their ways out of this. With the please don't take me mentality I will do what ever to whoever you say. Might buy them a little time but not much. What part of they want to eliminate over 80% of the worlds population isn't understood? The last I heard that had been changed to they don't need any of us. That should be self explainatory. Them 100% us 0%. After doing their physical dirty work we will all meet again in the FEMA camps. That is if they let their goons live long enough.

If they come and get me because they want to kill me and they have all this wondrous ability to do so, then what am I going to do about...You think I am going to be able to stop a tank by standing in front of it like Tienanmen Square? Really, they do not need a tank...Just press a button, a missile comes flying through my front door, blows up the house, and that is all she wrote...nobody needs to cart me off...cause I ain't going anywhere where I do not want go...

People have lost their ability to reason and are, subsequently, less able to govern themselves according to sound principles...anyone who has lost this ability does need to be controlled...and that is what we have come to...All I need to do is continue to provide for my family and live out my natural life until I die...that is reality...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
reply to post by beezzer

I do stand for something...I stand for my family and peace...It is the proper function of the government to ensure I can conduct my peaceful business in an environment of peace, without fear of harm...If the government comes to get my neighbor then they must have a good reason to do so...

standing in support of mass murder and oppression is nothing to be proud of only makes you an accomplice in their crimes against humanity.. you share equally the innocent blood thats on their hands.
nothing will wash that away.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=mediumorchid]One more step in becoming a full on police state.

I am not surprised by this news in the least.

Go America.

I guess that depends on how you view a "police state"

Personally, I think the world would be a lot better off if lazy ass people couldn't get in my way on my way to work to tell me that they're pissed off that they don't have a job while they stand around and try their best to interfere with my job so that I make less money.

I'd love to see a better "police state" I really would.

I'm all for freedom, truthfully I am, until that "Freedom" interrupts my right to a freedom, then it should be squashed, unforgiving, without remorse or second thought.

Oh glory be that day.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=mediumorchid]One more step in becoming a full on police state.

I am not surprised by this news in the least.

Go America.

I guess that depends on how you view a "police state"

Personally, I think the world would be a lot better off if lazy ass people couldn't get in my way on my way to work to tell me that they're pissed off that they don't have a job while they stand around and try their best to interfere with my job so that I make less money.

I'd love to see a better "police state" I really would.

I'm all for freedom, truthfully I am, until that "Freedom" interrupts my right to a freedom, then it should be squashed, unforgiving, without remorse or second thought.

Oh glory be that day.

AH of course... convenience . Freedom is great until YOUR freedom interferes with MY freedom. HOW DARE YOU!

A "better Police state".... have you seen the threads on Egypt lately? yes/no? well here ya go so there is no excuse.

ATS Thread- A 'real' police state situation

Get back to me on that, thanks.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What are we all waiting for? What's going to be the tipping point for every one to finally realize. Do men with guns have to come and take you and your family away before we decide something needs to be done. Are we going to wait until we are completely stripped of our rights before we fight back?
I myself and I'm sure many other feel powerless as individuals, but I'm sure that's not the case, and I'm just wondering what sort of things can someone like myself do help even in slightest way to prevent these kind of terrors from happening or just making this world a better place to live in?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Originally posted by jeichelberg
reply to post by beezzer

standing in support of mass murder and oppression is nothing to be proud of only makes you an accomplice in their crimes against humanity.. you share equally the innocent blood thats on their hands.
nothing will wash that away.

Who is standing in support of mass murder and oppression? ME? Where do you come off labeling me in that fashion? I do not stand for anything of the sort...you have a lot of nerve...If you can conclusively demonstrate where I have stood for mass murder and oppression of innocent people then by all means do so...But until then, back off...I am reporting this...

EDIT: And furthermore: Do you not see where in my post, I clearly stated I stood for my family and peace? How does this equate to mass murder and oppression? You have some nerve...
edit on 11/25/2011 by jeichelberg because: Further content

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join