It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being R

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Kali74

Thanks for finding that.

Now my question. Why would the ACLU run such a hysterical piece?

Maybe a team of lawyers can decipher the legislation better than non-lawyers Beez. If it had come from anyone but the ACLU I would think twice. I don't always agree with their positions, but I don't see them making frivolous claims for no reason.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This reminds me of when the police were stopping people and trying to search them here in the Roanoke, VA area. The police would claim that the area was a known "drug" area. I can't think of any neighborhood that would not be included in this twisted logic. However, this sounds right along those lines..... the police state gets it's passport .....

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
if they ever did anything that idiotic - with
1. Most americans owning firearms.
2. The violence solves all mentality that most americans have.
It would be ugly very fast over there with an extremely high body count.
The corrupt bastards in dizzy city are many things but suicidal isnt one of them ..
So go back to your fastfood and television you're still safe...for the time being...

Damn glad am far from there and that the americans got thrown out of here back in '75 ...
Ironic is that if something like that ever did pass americans would get a taste of what they're beloved u.s government does to innocent people around the world daily..

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Damn, there it is. Now don't you feel really, really weird about making all of those false allogations against the protesters around the world that have been trying to tell you that your rights are being eroded and you are living in a police state? OWS has been SCREAMING about the privitaization of profit and the collectivisation of debt (fascism) and everyone thought is was alright to spray em in the face with chemicals or beat them senseless with sticks.

When corperations are in charge and they are the money train for the militarized police, OF COURSE they are going to be given the greenlight to destroy everone that calls attention to their dark deeds. Guess what ATSers, you are terrorists and you must be shipped off to your own private Island for waterboarding and penis pointing... I ain't goin. I'm gonna die here in my homeland with my fist in the air, not on their terms, but on my own terms. If they have declared this a battlefield, then they have also declared this a battle, as in every police action America enters in to...

It has come to this and the time is running out for us to actually get out and start doing something about it. I'm not waiting around for the 4 AM bagging. I am gonna go out swinging, not whimpering.

Ait, back to the streets...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I wonder if they asked the actual people that will be carrying the rifles and enforcing this "law" what they think?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

The bill was drafted in secret by Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) and passed in a closed-door committee meeting, without even a single hearing.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

In a Few Words !

Take this!!

Patriot Act ( a Modified Version of the McCarran Internal Security Act )
Just take Out Communist and UN- American and Replace it with Terrorist
en.wikipedia.org...

And This !!!

Enabling Act of 1933 (Start of Nazi Germany )
en.wikipedia.org...

and This !!!!

New Use of those Already built un Occupied FEMA camps !!?

All Leading to the Prediction of a 1971 Movie by Peter Watkins Called!!

Punishment Park ! ! ! !!

Punishment Park
en.wikipedia.org...

The movie takes place in 1970. The Vietnam War is escalating and United States President Richard Nixon has just decided on a "secret" bombing campaign in Cambodia. Faced with a growing anti-war movement, President Nixon decrees a state of emergency based on the McCarran Internal Security Act of 1950, which authorizes federal authorities, without reference to Congress, to detain persons judged to be a "risk to internal security". Members from the anti-war movement, civil rights movement, feminist movement, conscientious objectors, and Communist party, mostly university students, are arrested and face an emergency tribunal made up of community members.

With state and federal jails at their top capacity, the convicted face the option of spending their full conviction time in federal prison or three days at Punishment Park. There, they will have to traverse 53 miles of the hot California desert in three days, without water or food, while being chased by National Guardsmen and law enforcement officers as part of their field training. If they succeed and reach the American flag at the end of the course, they will be set free. If they fail by getting "arrested", they will serve the remainder of their sentence in federal prison.[2]

40 YEARS AGO!!! This Movie Was MADE!! but was Highly Criticized by Hollywood !
an not distributed much in theaters because of it

Punishment park (1971) trailer

Punishment Park

3 Reasons: Punishment Park - Criterion Consideration

Punishment park

The Full Movie in All it Glory ( Watch it before its Down )

The Beginning of the Movie Intro Sounds SO Familiar !

Punishment Park 1:27:19 min

edit on 25-11-2011 by Wolfenz because: opps 1970 i ment 1971

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My first response to this was "WTF!!!"
This how it begins or should I say ends.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It sounds like they're getting ready to declare the NWO whether we want it or not.

All I can say is thank you Congress!
By checking the voting roll on this bill the American people can readily see who the traitors are in our Congress.
No more guessing, we'll know who you are and then the people will decide what fate you deserve.
Don't look at me! You brought this on yourselves!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I am concerned about this, I didn't mean to seem to dismissive it's just I have seen a hysterical reaction of bills, laws and executive orders on ATS before lol. I don't understand why the ACLU is making this position unless they've opened up for any old person (read non-lawyer) to blog and then not hold them accountable for what is written on their site. There's sections missing from the pdf and the online text of the NDAA.

I'm worried, but not packing my bug-out bag nor going to apply for a firearm license. One thing for sure though, if our government ever goes this route, I will die as a rebel.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

When there are posts such as this one, I try to take my time, analyse my response, anticipate others responses, etc.

After reading this, bringing in Awar whats-his-name, looking at the absolute worse that DC can and does manipulate wording and laws, I find myself agreeing with the OP, and posters like yourself.
(in my wee little head, I kept losing the debate)

If there is a way that they could manipulate the law, using teams of lawyers to find justification (as in Anwar . . . case) then they could find the same justification . . . . say in the Oath Keepers, or any other group that does not agree with the current policy of any given adminisration.

And to that, I'd have to say. . . .

Bring it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
if they ever did anything that idiotic - with
1. Most americans owning firearms.
2. The violence solves all mentality that most americans have.
It would be ugly very fast over there with an extremely high body count.
The corrupt bastards in dizzy city are many things but suicidal isnt one of them ..
So go back to your fastfood and television you're still safe...for the time being...

Damn glad am far from there and that the americans got thrown out of here back in '75 ...
Ironic is that if something like that ever did pass americans would get a taste of what they're beloved u.s government does to innocent people around the world daily..

Oh my friend, most american's are not going to give a damn. All the people rounded up will be referred to as "hippies" or "nazis" on the nightly news and no one will bat an eye.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And what is to stop them from comitting the same outrageous things that Hitler Did before WWII.

Yes, the quote below is from Wikipedia, but you get the thought hopefully.

"The Night of the Long Knives represented a triumph for Hitler, and a turning point for the German government. It established Hitler as "the supreme judge of the German people", as he put it in his July 13 speech to the Reichstag. Later, in April 1942, Hitler would formally adopt this title, thus placing himself de jure as well as de facto above the reach of the law. Centuries of jurisprudence proscribing extra-judicial killings were swept aside. Despite some initial efforts by local prosecutors to take legal action against those who carried out the murders, which the regime rapidly quashed, it appeared that no law would constrain Hitler in his use of power.[74] The Night of the Long Knives also sent a clear message to the public that even the most prominent Germans were not immune to arrest or even summary execution should the Nazi regime perceive them as a threat. In this manner, the purge established a pattern of violence that would characterise the Nazi regime: the use of force to establish an empire."

Is this what we are waiting for? I wonder so recent of late I have seen our government do things that would have made our forefathers turn over in thier graves, and now this!

Oh this so has to stop NOW. Before we see a repeat of Hitlers Germany, remember this you will be telling your grandchildren about it someday, if we survive this that is.
My thought is only horror.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
It sounds like they're getting ready to declare the NWO whether we want it or not.

All I can say is thank you Congress!
By checking the voting roll on this bill the American people can readily see who the traitors are in our Congress.
No more guessing, we'll know who you are and then the people will decide what fate you deserve.
Don't look at me! You brought this on yourselves!

Well The Bought Congress is in Fear that the Citizens of the United States are going to have another Revolt
as in the 60s as The Un-American Committee had Fears & and The Congress did As Well

From Unnecessary Wars Citizen Stand up to the Politicians, Corporations to Bankers! & CIVIL RIGHTS
just like the 60s but !!! in Different Measures!

Congress : I say Order Order NoW Members hitting the Gravel !

How to Catch a Pig Fence Theory !

American Citizens Will Eventually Rise from the Swill! and Turn the Swill Solid Then Get Out of the Mess! ..

edit on 25-11-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Whenever I see things like what's linked in the OP I have learned to ALWAYS check the source, verify the accuracy and validity, and not stop until I read the words on the .gov website... this is the real deal!

(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

from GPO.gov Senate Bill 1867; subtitle D - Detainee Matters; s. 1031 (b) (2) ; p. 360

What does this mean?
because of the many "or" separators placed in this paragraph it means that ANY person in the world who has acted in a belligerent manner may be placed in detention for an indefinite amount of time.

Belligerent (Adjective): Hostile and aggressive.

If this Bill passes, any person in the entire world who acts hostile or aggressive may be imprisoned for life.

Sieg Heil, America!

WHAT CAN WE DO???
We can tell EVERY AMERICAN WE KNOW to call, write, email their "Representative" and tell them to read the section named above!
(although some of the above remarks about tar n feather sound much more satisfying!)

edit on 25-11-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
No offence to the US Government and any other that agree with this, but if you pass with, you have to be out of your minds. Surely this will open a window that closing would be devastating and keeping open would be even worse.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa
And what is to stop them from comitting the same outrageous things that Hitler Did before WWII.

Yes, the quote below is from Wikipedia, but you get the thought hopefully.

"The Night of the Long Knives represented a triumph for Hitler, and a turning point for the German government. It established Hitler as "the supreme judge of the German people", as he put it in his July 13 speech to the Reichstag. Later, in April 1942, Hitler would formally adopt this title, thus placing himself de jure as well as de facto above the reach of the law. Centuries of jurisprudence proscribing extra-judicial killings were swept aside. Despite some initial efforts by local prosecutors to take legal action against those who carried out the murders, which the regime rapidly quashed, it appeared that no law would constrain Hitler in his use of power.[74] The Night of the Long Knives also sent a clear message to the public that even the most prominent Germans were not immune to arrest or even summary execution should the Nazi regime perceive them as a threat. In this manner, the purge established a pattern of violence that would characterise the Nazi regime: the use of force to establish an empire."

Is this what we are waiting for? I wonder so recent of late I have seen our government do things that would have made our forefathers turn over in thier graves, and now this!

Oh this so has to stop NOW. Before we see a repeat of Hitlers Germany, remember this you will be telling your grandchildren about it someday, if we survive this that is.
My thought is only horror.

After Reichstag.

Enabling Act of 1933

Much Like the Patriot Act! & the McCarren Act and this Coming claimed Bill

All Here from the Reichstag leading towards the Enabling Act of 1933
in this historical DocuDrama Clip watch it all to understand ! 1:20 Mark to 2:55 Mark !

but after watching this think of the Bush jr administration 911 , The Patriot Act and this Bill in discussion
Same # Different decade from the DocuDrama below and what Hitler Said you will see pretty muh the saem thing is Told in the Patriot Act in a Certain Degree

The Rise Of Evil - Reichstag Fire

Like the When He Said Privacy Rights in relation to Telephone and Postal communication are Revoked
Pretty much what Bush Said to

as i said same # Different era

Listen to the Speaker against Bush Patriot Act !
Bush gets owned

at 1.06 mark
Bush Said This
you said I Tap you Phones Im not going to Apologize from what i did .on the Tariffs Surveillance Program , If we are at War we Outta use tool as necessary within the Constitution on a Very Limited Basis a Program that is reviewed Constantly to ahh Protect US!! Not you and i have a Different agreement whats need to be Protected but you said would i Apologize for that The Answer is Absolutely NOT

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The battlefield is in Washington! Pass this bill and use it to pull the corrupt pieces of brown crud out of their yard and put them in prison! The military is on the side of the people. They are on our side.

Pull the senators who support this out and throw them in the pen! They better be afraid! This is getting serious and there's nobody to protect them. They are fools and cowards!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
WTH indeed!!! you guys really need to rein your government in, they are getting wildly out of control.
How in the hell can the U.S gov pass laws that apply in other countries?!?

I don't want marines kicking my door in and 'arresting' me here in Australia. I'd like to think my fellow Australians would step in and hang them! Infact if they were to do this in most countries it would be an act of War.

Doing it in America is bad enough but to suggest that they intend on doing it anywhere in the world to non-U.S citizens is just the height of arrogance. They should be arrested for even suggesting it!

1984 anyone?

Does strapping explosives to your chest still sound like a crazy defensive stratedgy?
edit on 25-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

I totally agree.

Why aren`t the occupy movements " occupying " Congress ?
These crooks are working for the Cabal who are making all these decisions.

While the Occupy movement continues, the Government and Congress are further restricting our rights and freedom and are continuing to invade other countries and bring us closer to WW3.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If these Senators could hear themselves talk they would be saying WTH. They are either drinking too much of the water or eatinging to much of the GMO food or taking too much of those drugs they are brining into the country. If we had an actual police force or US military protecting the citizens they would lock these people up. They are definitely a danger to themselves and others.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join