It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Breaking News: Military On Standby To Protect Borders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Civil servants from across Whitehall are being lined up to act as border staff at UK ports and airports during next week's public sector strikes.

- BBC

Most underwhelming thread ever?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Well thats good news, lets hope they are the home borders. It means they will not be half way round the world murdering people for their oil and to install rockafella central banks...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

OP... It might have something to do with the Syrian conflict. I'm not sure. Yes, it certainly is bothersome. Something is heating up and it doesnt look good

Nope, much more mundane than that I'm afraid.

The military is being called in to deal with next weeks planned Airport strikes. Here's an article that was posted around 12 or so minutes ago on the Sky news website:

Military personnel are being asked to prepare to man Britain's borders when public sector workers stage a mass walkout next Wednesday, Sky sources have said.

It comes as Heathrow Airport bosses warned the strike on November 30 could cause "gridlock" as passengers are forced to remain on planes as queues build inside terminals.

Civil servants have also been approached to help out, with up to 18,000 immigration officials expected to take part in the walkout.
(Source)

edit on 25-11-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Ouch! That's not good. Dark times indeed. I think if folx arnt getting worried about the state of our world today and over the next year, then I fear nothing will faze them. Wonder if it'll take a nuke sitting on their front step to make us realise what could very well happen here.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Now this IS worrying as it's just come up on the ticker thing " Military Personnel Asked to Be on Standby To Protect Borders.... No country named or nothing?? I wonder if it's regarding immigration as we don't have an immigration officer at the moment do we?

Or could it be something to do with the tensions between Russia and the West?? As I said in a previous post Russian bombers were coming into UK Airspace multiple times over the past 5 - 7 years.

I think the clue was in the wording "To Protect Borders".

If Russia was going to fly over UK airspace then then the military would already be on alert to "protect" UK airspace.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Maybe it's because NATO killed 24 Pakistani soldiers today...unprovoked I may add and Pakistan has demanded that the US vacate their base within 15 days. Front page news yahoo at the moment

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dieterhund
Maybe it's because NATO killed 24 Pakistani soldiers today...unprovoked I may add and Pakistan has demanded that the US vacate their base within 15 days. Front page news yahoo at the moment

Errr no......it's because there is a planned national strike next week here in the UK.......so SkyNews has suggested that the military may be called help out at border control. ......nothing to do with NATO actions in Pakistan!

edit on 26-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join