It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Breaking News: Military On Standby To Protect Borders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Now this IS worrying as it's just come up on the ticker thing " Military Personnel Asked to Be on Standby To Protect Borders.... No country named or nothing?? I wonder if it's regarding immigration as we don't have an immigration officer at the moment do we?

Or could it be something to do with the tensions between Russia and the West?? As I said in a previous post Russian bombers were coming into UK Airspace multiple times over the past 5 - 7 years.

I'll post more when it becomes more clear.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Link to this so called Stand-by?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by atoptreetops

I'm sorry mate but it's the ticker on the TV. You know when they have things scrolling along the bottom?

Keep checking the site I'll update this when they actually name a country and say whats going on.
news.sky.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by atoptreetops

You can read can't you? If so then do us all a favour and READ A POST before making a comment!
It says very clearly for anyone with enough sense to actually read the post that they saw it on the news ticker!!!

I could forgive you if you were merely a troll but the reality is that you clearly just don't think.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Of course like the OP I can't provide proof or anything.. but I just looked at Sky news and yes they are reporting that "military personnel asked to be on standby to protect borders." Weirdly though no one on tv is discussing what this means exactly.. It's just on the sky news feed.

Weird, I've never seen this before. Perhaps It's to do with the planned strikes?
edit on 25-11-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I love how everything you google that is from an article from ATS is on the top three of search results. BTW, couldn't find anything about this, and the sky news link just goes to the front page

Tip to OP: When you post a link, you have to be careful not to go over the character limit, which I believe their is, because when I link to a news article, many times it just goes to the front page unless you shorten the "display name" or use tinyurl.com

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is pure speculation, It is fear mongering on the part off those trying to discredit those who are going on strike over their pensions being cut,. It was reported on the BBC that this rumor has been denied by Officials.

One thing though they cant even protect our Shores, with all the defense cuts etc, How the hell are they going to use the Army to defend UK Borders,

And to the OP it is with regards to Immigration Officials in the UK going on Strike on the 30th November.

Link provided below:

BBC News
edit on 25-11-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Of course like the OP I can't provide proof or anything.. but I just looked at Sky news and yes they are reporting that "military personnel asked to be on standby to protect borders." Weirdly though no one on tv is discussing what this means exactly.. It's just on the sky news feed.

Weird, I've never seen this before.

Thanks for backing me up Mr JFK Expert lol. As you say not ONE thing has been said about this. I too have never seen it, it just came up as Breaking News, then the reporter said "Breaking news coming in military personnel asked to be on standby to protect borders...." It was strange as FOOK.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Nothing on my Sly News!

It would be regading the pending strike action next weds, M$M bulling it up! Oh how they get a kick out of fear,

Eh well, next topic

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

It was supposed to be on the front page mate. Theres a BREAKING NEWS box on there and it updates the latest news they have on Sky News. But it was about some guy who dodged benefits for a decade. Now it's about the remains of some dead woman... ahhh the lovely UK.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It sounds like they are going to use the Army to supervise our borders when the strikes happen.

Nothing to see here.

Rev

link   
I would bet this is to do with the industrial action by the UK border agency. They will have the army checking passports at the airports. They always use the army when they want to break a strike.

Not very exciting.

link   

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
It sounds like they are going to use the Army to supervise our borders when the strikes happen.

Nothing to see here.

Rev

End of thread it's just come up then lol. They are being asked to protect the borders for next week. Imagine if they did this then declared Martial Law... ahhh well case closed.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

No they will not have the army checking Passports. The rumors have been denied by officials. It is just some idiot either in the Government or else where trying to scare monger the Public into going against those who are going on strike.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

That's what the ticker was saying. Nothing exciting.

Rev

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
No new news to me, this was mentioned a few days ago in the metro and morning news up here in Scotland, they are recalling the military to protect the borders due to border control and loads of other civil servants goin on strike on Wednesday, as noone will be there otherwise

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Perhaps it has to do with this story from a couple days ago...
This may just be people playing politics

Home Office Boss Backs Home Sec In Border Row

It sounds as if there is some pressure currently being placed on security forces to increase border controls in general...

Could this just be a reaction from the current boss?

The Permanent Secretary at the Home Office Dame Helen Ghosh has stuck the boot into former border force boss Brodie Clark in the row over relaxed border controls. Senior civil servant Dame Helen told the Home Affairs Select Committee Home secretary Theresa May's instructions to Mr Clark were perfectly clear and that Mrs May had sent him an email explicitly telling him not to exceed her instructions. "It was perfectly clear what the terms of the pilot [a temporary trial of limited relaxed checks] were," she said.

edit on 25-11-2011 by coldkidc because: stuff and things

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Calm yourself. I was oblivious to the fact that a "Ticker" was a television. My apologies?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
OP... It might have something to do with the Syrian conflict. I'm not sure. Yes, it certainly is bothersome. Something is heating up and it doesnt look good

edit on 25-11-2011 by theRhenn because: pointless info taken out

top topics

<<   2 >>

join