It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuke carrier leads US strike force into Syrian waters.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
wonder if russia has syrias new aircraft carrier sinking missiles up and running yet? looks as tho we may find out shortly.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yup. more proof that the GHW Bush is camped out off Syria....

Oh, wait....

It's about to transit the Straits of Gibralter.

Isn't Syria at the other end of the Med? I may be wrong, of course.......

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The Carrier Strike Group and CVN-77 GHW Bush is approaching the US East Coast and Norfolk, Virginia, returning home after a 5 month deployment in the 5th Fleet Area of Operations. It never did lead a US strike force into Syrian waters.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
returning home after a 5 month deployment in the 5th Fleet Area of Operations. It never did lead a US strike force into Syrian waters.

Deny ignorance.

Indeed and you would like to point out as you have done so far in this thread the following in your effort to deny ignorance?

Where is the 5th fleet based?

Specifically country, and location!

What would you call that sea where it is based?

Its less (5th fleet base) than 200 miles away from Busher in Iran which i doubt many know how far from Syria?

An Map may help others see what I mean?

If you want to stop spin you have known and me respected you a long time on here, and we are both for Deny Ignorance, but not when you are spinning your side to!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Originally posted by schuyler
returning home after a 5 month deployment in the 5th Fleet Area of Operations. It never did lead a US strike force into Syrian waters.

Deny ignorance.

Indeed and you would like to point out as you have done so far in this thread the following in your effort to deny ignorance?

If you'd read my other posts on this thread you would know.

Where is the 5th fleet based?

The 5th Fleet is based in the Indian Ocean/Persian Gulf/Gulf of Oman region within striking distance of Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, East Africa, etc.

Specifically country, and location!

The 5th Fleet is not based "in" a country. It's not even really a fleet since there are no ships permanently assigned.

What would you call that sea where it is based?

Like I said, the Persian Gulf, sometimes called the "Arabian Gulf," much to the dismay of the Persians (Iranians). The Indian Ocean, at least the western part of it, is also considered a part of the 5th fleet Area of Operations as is the Gulf of Oman.

Its less (5th fleet base) than 200 miles away from Busher in Iran which i doubt many know how far from Syria?

There is no 5th Fleet "base" as you normally think of it. The US has port rights in several countries, including places like Bahrain. You're thinking of "Busehr" a coastal city (and province) in Iran that is north of the Straits of Hormuz in the Persian (Arabian) Gulf. Carriers rarely travel north of the straits because that's a bit of a bottleneck. There is no "base" 200 miles from Busehr.

An Map may help others see what I mean?

Where you will see that Syria is on the Mediterranean Sea, far out of range of the 5th Fleet AOR. In fact, the Med is the Sixth Fleet AOR.

If you want to stop spin you have known and me respected you a long time on here, and we are both for Deny Ignorance, but not when you are spinning your side to!

Your sentence makes no sense, but I catch your drift. If you have 'respected me a long time on here' then you will know that I have never stated anything misleading or wrong concerning US Navy ship deployments, ever. If I don't know, I say so. I tell you where the ships are rather than make up some ignorant conclusions based on no evidence whatsoever. That's not a "side."

The "spin" is this thread itself, which claimed, completely erroneously, that a Carrier Strike Group was anchored off of Syria, the implication being that it was part of an effort to strike Syria. That is patently untrue and always was. The GHW Bush and its Strike Group completed a perfectly normal deployment in the 5th Fleet AOR, returned through the Suez Canal into the Med, made a port stop in Spain, and headed to Norfolk. It never even got close to Syria. That is the exact same route every single East-coast based Strike Group has taken in the last fifteen years at least (though back a ways they were "Battle Groups," not "Strike Groups," the difference being in their size.)

PRECISELY as I predicted and stated in this thread. If you call that "spin," then you have a much different definition than I do.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How do we know this isn't a mock up and the real one is sitting of Syria.....hmmmmmmm.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
How do we know this isn't a mock up and the real one is sitting of Syria.....hmmmmmmm.

I assume you meant this in jest. It's kind of difficult to "mock up" an 1100 foot long ship displacing 100,000 tons with 5,000 people on board along with 6-10 support vessels sailing along with it--several destroyers, a cruiser, a supply ship, the odd frigate or two and a fast attack submarine are normal. We have eleven carriers and their whereabouts is well known and verifiable.

I suppose they could all be holograms. The Navy does have the capability to make a fleet appear out of nowhere on radar.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well it was but I wouldn't put it past them to use a holagram.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join