It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuke carrier leads US strike force into Syrian waters.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

rt.com

Nuclear aircraft carrier USS George HW Bush has reportedly anchored off Syria. As an Arab League deadline to allow observers into the country passes with no response from Damascus, the possibility of intervention in Syria seems to be growing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11/25/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/25/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
"Until now, there has been no response from the Syrian government," the source said after the 1 pm (1100 GMT) deadline. Damascus has been given until the end of the day to respond, if it is to avoid sanctions.

So I'm not sure if this has been posted since this has just been updated.

Pressure is building in this volcano and it's getting ready to explode. Wasn't' this suppose the day Nostradamus predicted WWIII would start?

Anyway, looks like all parties have interest in this, even Paris, don't get them angry right wewe. This chess match is getting down to checkmate but, who will be the first to do so?? Maybe they'll end in a stalemate, lets hope so!

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/25/2011 by tothetenthpower because: Mod Edit--Please use exact headline.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Pressure is building in this volcano and it's getting ready to explode. Wasn't' this suppose the day Nostradamus predicted WWIII would start?

What? I never heard of this one OP..

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

If he did, I hope he was wrong

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I've seen the thread about it on here for a couple days. It was actually a poke at it not that I think he was right or it was the right date.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It gets even stranger, Sky just had a breaking news feed saying Military personnel asked to protect borders. No country named or anything...

I posted it in this thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I'll keep you guys updated if anything else comes to light

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Stop fear mongering, that has nothing to do with Syria!

That has more to do with the upcoming strikes in the UK.

As to the Carrier group.

We have Russian Ships there, now we are seeing US Naval ships being sent there. They all need to take a big step back before this becomes ugly.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Oh OK OP 10-4

I don't think Russia wants to mess with that carrier
it would be suicidal..

link   
nuclear aircraft?

link   
nuclear aircraft?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Stop fear mongering, that has nothing to do with Syria!

That has more to do with the upcoming strikes in the UK.

As to the Carrier group.

We have Russian Ships there, now we are seeing US Naval ships being sent there. They all need to take a big step back before this becomes ugly.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

Well excuse me for being the guy who writes skys ticker feeds and doesn't explain anything. Fear mongering? No. Wrong end of the stick? yes.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You wouldd be better going checking other sources, than relying on Sky news For your news.

Watching Sky News is the same as watching Foxs News. And yes Sky is the worst for fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

nuclear aircraft?

Just to make it sound scarier. Evil Americans and their nuclear carrier. It is nuclear-powered carrier.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Um your headline is misleading. All carriers are nuclear powered. They sank the eriskaniz which was an oiler off the coast where I live a few years ago, and I think the Independence is still in operation its also an oiler, but the rest of the navies fleet carriers are all nuclear powered.

As for having nukes on board the ships. Please the US navy has nukes on just about evey ship in the 11 carrier battle groups. Have to remeber the US has had nukes since first detonation for trinity, and that was during World war 2. So its not a big deal if carriers have nukes on board, they all do, so do the missle frigates, missile crusiers, missile destroyers, missile corvettes, submarines, etc. etc, etc...

We've all grown up with the threat of nuclear war in the later part of the 20th century and now the 21st century. Nothing new...says the cop move along..

Now that new railgun stuff on support ships thats the real kicker..

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I don't think Russia wants to mess with that carrier it would be suicidal..

You mean it would best for America not to mess with Russias Navy

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

rt.com

Nuclear aircraft carrier USS George HW Bush has reportedly anchored off Syria.

Good ol' Dubyah

Russia has a navy?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I ordered a giant teddy bear from china for xmas, i hope they can wait until it arrives because otherwise they will ground every plane.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ya got to remember that all it takes is one press of a button and SHTF!!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

You mean it would best for America not to mess with Russias Navy

The US has 50 nuclear powered subs..russia has 6. The US has 12 super carriers...Russia has 0. From the Aegis destroyers, the refurbished ohio class attack subs, and the new virginia class attack subs, Russia wouldn't stand a chance. in fact, you could take all the navies in the world, and they would not equal the size and sophistication of the USN.

OP, presidents have always sent in the super carriers as not just a show of force, but also for diplomacy. We've done this with China in the past during the Clinton era when it concerned Taiwan, and the chinese came to the table. That is all this is.
edit on 25-11-2011 by xlb40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
All these nations are doing is chest pounding like alpha gorillas in rut. Posturing and threats and blah blah blah. Someone's trigger finger is probably going to get pretty itchy in the hours to come. I'm betting a no-fly zone is going to be established over syria and that Israel is going to take advantage and go straight for Iran's throat while Russia (who is an Iran sympathizer and possibly ally) is occupied with the U.S. warships as Turkey is bearing down on Syria's northern border.

You can bet your boots this is going to be WWIII alright. All that is going to take to start this fight is for one person to hit that trigger to fire. Just one spark and this is going to explode like no one has ever seen before or will again. If youre not the type of people to start ppraying to God you better hit your knees and start. Always a first time for evreything and this is one of those times!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join