It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday Pandemonium

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Hmmm, now there's an idea. Hire a bunch of bouncers to stand at the front of stores and sections. Although, you would probably have to hire armed mercenaries to deal with the Black Friday crowds.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I hate shopping anyway so when black and blue friday comes I'll stay home. To many nuts out there.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
A related thought...for the last couple of years I've made most of the gifts I give. I'm pretty crafty, but you don't have to be to give someone a thoughtful gift that was made. I've made scarves, aprons, zombie dolls. This year I'm adding little stuffed owls I've made from thrift-store sweaters. I'm also thinking about giving cheesecakes.
The person who drew my name at the extended family drawing asked for ideas and I told her I wanted a smoked brisket from her husband. They are AMAZING!
Christmas gifts shouldn't be so complicated. I'd be happy with anything (including a mis-shapen sweater) that was made with me in mind.
It'll be such a shame if my only mark I leave on the world is more trash.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I've never participated in the black friday shenanigans until last night. I dont own a T.V and I would like a flat screen for a theater room in a new house my wife and I just bought. So after hearing all the amazing B.F. deals for T.V's I decided this year I was gonna gets me one of those deals. At 4:30pm thursday I loaded up the truck with a reclining camping chair, a cooler full of snacks and drinks, and a good book. I headed down to the nearest BestBuy (there are 4 within about 20 minutes from me) and got at the end of an ALREADY long line outside the store. I was there for a hour when my wife drove up and motioned me over to the car. I went over and she said" lets get outta here, I saw online that each store only has 10 of the Sale TV's." So I loaded everything back up and headed to Wal-mart. Once I got there I headed straight to the electronics department to find out where the line started. They then informed me that each sale item had its own area in the store designated by a piece of paper taped to the floor stating which item it was for. I asked so where is the area for the big screens? The assosiate said they are all spread out across the store in no particular order and the maps for the locations will not be available until 9pm.

So now started my hunt around Wal-mart going up and down each and every isle with my head down continuosly staring at the floor hoping to find the item I was looking for. Finnaly afer about 20min of searching I found the starting line for the 51"plasma BINGO!!!! And to my elated amazement there was only one other person standing by the designated little green square on the floor. I was the second one there!!!

So I called my wife to let her know where to bring my chair and cooler. Yup, thats right, I brought a friggin chair and cooler INTO Wal-mart.
And so for the next 6 hours there I sat watching as the line behind me got ever longer. I made some friends and I made some enemies. Well not enemies, more like people that need to chill the hell out and learn some manners.

So needless to say I got one of the tickets to buy the TV and once I received the ticket at midnight I walked up to the shortest checkout line (about 20 people) and waited some more. I then noticed an older lady (late 60's) crying yet had a look of rage on her face.
I soon found out why she was distress as she let the entire store know. She yelled outloudly in a cry'ey crackly voice" I want to see a manager right now!!!!! Just wait until I tell the fire marshell about this!! He shut the mother [bleep'in] place down right now!!!" She then went back to crying. I really didnt notice until after she was checkout why she was even in Wal-mart on black friday at 1am. All she had in her cart was a friggin bag of dog food!!!!

Please explain to me what would pocess a person to go through the absolute insanity that is Black friday at Wal-mart for a flippin bag of dog food?
Im pretty sure fiddo could wait until the grocerey store opened in the morning.

So, in the end, it was a succesful B.F. for me because now myself, my wife and our 4y/o will have the theater room we always wanted. (or a TV at all for that matter)

Happy hoildays
`much love~

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It's sad.. and it's just a sign of the times and the economic state we're currently in. My boss said he drove by a WalMart at about 10pm and there was a line out the door a couple of blocks long. People are desperate to save any money they possibly can.

A couple of days ago some dude was giving away free turkeys for Thanksgiving to needy families in downtown LA. I guess it's been a tradition for decades.. 10,000 people showed up in hopes of getting one. Ten thousand

This is straight up 30's style great depression type of spit. Very sad

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Awesome story TallTexxan! I think that is probably how it went for a lot of shoppers. It can be quite entertaining, as long as you don't get caught up in the stampedes or gunfire, LOL!

Here's mine:

Last night, (Black Friday almost over, 7 p.m.), my wife and I stopped by WalMart for some Ice Cream (kids were staying at Grandma's). On the way there, I kept telling her I was going to make a scene in Walmart, and if anyone was near the ice cream, I was going to bum rush them, throw some elbows around and scream "MINE!"
She dared me, which she knows is a sure fire way to get it done. So, Black Friday was over, Walmart was bare, nobody in the aisles, nobody in the checkouts, etc. We sauntered on over the the ice cream aisle, she grabbed my arm and said,"Is that......" As I turned to look, she shoved me and ran for the ice cream and said, "NO, ITS MIIIIINNNNNEEEE!!"

She nailed me with my own prank! The nerve!

But, I got her back, after she relaxed from all the cracking up, she handed it off to me to carry (no cart). We had the giant plastic tub of Neopolitan, we headed over for some hard-shell topping. I lingered back, as she got close to the topping, I screamed NOOO and I slid the tub of ice cream down the aisle and bowled her over with it! She jumped and turned Matrix style, but it still got her back foot and she yelped. I ran and grabbed the fudge topping, scooped up my ice cream from the floor and ran for the checkouts!

So, we didn't fight the crowds, but just to be funny, we made up our own fight. It was hilarious, and I really thought the few other shoppers would see the irony, but we only got frowns, no laughter? Oh well, we had FUN!
edit on 26-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Fissionsurpluss something has been nagging me about that cat sat on a chair, wearing boots, and waistcoat, its that the cat is sat on a chair, is wearing boots, and that cream coloured waistcoat, just how does it sit on that chair? how does the cat get its boots on? how does the cat button up that waistcoat?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thats flippin awesome!!!

That sounds exactly like my wife and I. We have alot of fun in our own little world.

A friend of mine went to wal-mart yesterday evening and said the same thing; nobody around, alittle messy, no one really talking.She had the best one liner EVER!! She said:

Wal-mart looks like it has a hangover"

needless to say I was LMAO.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

edit on 23-11-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join