It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday Pandemonium

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

children are starving every day because wo dont help them and instead celebrate black fridays...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I did the Black Friday thing a few years ago. WalMart had a laptop I wanted to get my daughter.

I stood in line halfway across the parking lot for an hour in the cold. When they opened the doors, there was a sudden but temporary rush behind me. I simply froze up and turned around to stare at the idiots that thought they could push me forward. They stopped cold and waited on me to move.

Once inside the store, I walked straight to electronics and found the line for the laptops. I took one and went back to the electronics checkout to pay, then back outside and left. No problem... for me.

But for everyone else I saw, this was about pushing, being pushed, every-person-for-themselves, break the lines, I even saw people grabbing stuff out of other people's hands and buggy! When I sat down in my car, I said to myself, "This is what we have become."

I haven't been back since. I won't say I won't go back, but it wouldn't be something I would look forward to.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes, it is insane, for LOTS of reasons.

edit on 25/11/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/25/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed bbcode

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
had i seen someone do that, i woulda snatched it out of her hands and sprayed her point blank in the face. Some people are straight ANIMALS! I hope she can sleep well at night, knowing she hurt someone to save a few friggin dollars!!!

ETA: I do my shopping throughout the year, by May/June, my son knows what he wants for xmas, I can pretty much figure out what my nieces want, so I am done with shopping BEFORE Nov 1.
edit on 11/25/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

thank you, I now know what my problem is as to why I just don't get into this black friday gig...
I must go to the doctor, and have him prescribe me a bunch of toxic crap, drink more tap water, eat more junk food, and let lose the animal in me....and be able to go out there and scratch and claw myself my desires for a few bucks less!!!
I was watching a video one the tube this morning of one of the incidents....my husband and me haven't done the black friday thing in a long time, not since they started the early morning lineup for those special sale items that always seem to be so understocked that it's guarenteed that if you don't get there a day before the sale starts, well, don't expect to get one. I watched the video and clearly told him, if we ever went to one of these sales, I would be bringing my cane....for protection!!!

all I really wanted to say was I liked the video you posted, kind of scary at the end, but it was worth me saving the you tube link and sharing with my husband when he comes home.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thank-you getreadyalready for starting this thread, a true testament to the cancerous affect of consumerism indoctrinated into our society by our Corporatist government.

kosmicjack, that's a perfect pic to rally against this insanity. I love it. At least there are some people left in America that haven't been devoured, I hope there are enough to save the rest.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Actually I went to black Friday pandemonium a couple hours ago...I just bought some clothes, and needed some more winter gear, I was planning on buying some boots but I found none I liked at the places that I went to.

If anything the lines for the counter were long, and there were lots of people just browsing especially in places like best buy, or the electronics sections in stores, but its to be expected. And other then that there wasn't much craziness going on, most people were just heading in to the stores getting what they planed on getting then taking off.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Just got off the phone with my Mom. She called to tell me a girl she sees everyday at McDonalds was at work in a sling from this morning. Apparently she is a petite teenager, and was shopping with her Mom and Grandma, and she got smashed against a big metal rack. Hurt her arm and shoulder. She's bruised. Nobody got beat up, they just rolled with it and she was at work on time.

What was so important to injure a girl? A $2 waffle iron, that is regularly $5.
Seriously. The end of the world if someone misses out on a chance to save $3 on a waffle iron.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My only question to those who go out on Black Friday and to the corporations that open their doors so early and allow this stuff to happen.....

Was it worth it? A guy got shot, people got maced....In the past people have been killed and trampled to death....

Is it worth it?

If you say yes, you need to check your priorities.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

What? Worth it? That is blasphemous!!!

Today, you could have risked your life to save $3 on a waffle iron, or replaced your perfectly good 35inch flat screen with an even better 41inch flat screen for only $199. Think of the Chinese Economy for just a moment! What will all those Middle Schoolers do with themselves if we stop buying their TVs every year whether we need to or not!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Really though, we have no one to blame but ourselves. I don't know anyone who thinks it's a good idea to be open on Thanksgiving or at midnight on black Friday, yet I know tons of people who will file through the doors like sheep in the stock yard.

Our society is perfectly conditioned to do whatever they want us to. They even mail us our marching orders or insert them into our newspapers. LoL!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yep. And it is just people like us doing the pushing and shoving and macing and shooting. It isn't some demonic entity, it is just people acting irrationally. Definitely nobody to blame but ourselves. What an odd world we live in huh?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

This just in, a business man exists and flourishes by skimming middle class America. That is all.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That's a great point. If no one was interested in going to Black Friday, no stores would be open. Blaming the stores is like waking up in the morning, looking in the bathroom mirror, and complaining about how messed up that guy's hair is.

Business serves the people. All those ads are just playing to the desires of the masses.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

That guy in my mirror is getting old! I been trying to talk with him about it, but he just brushes his teeth and goes to work.
I can't get through to him. The hair is grayer, the crow's feet deeper, and the belly bigger. He really needs to do something with himself, LOL!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

What? Worth it? That is blasphemous!!!

Today, you could have risked your life to save $3 on a waffle iron, or replaced your perfectly good 35inch flat screen with an even better 41inch flat screen for only $199. Think of the Chinese Economy for just a moment! What will all those Middle Schoolers do with themselves if we stop buying their TVs every year whether we need to or not!

Wouldn't life just suck if we all quit being greedy and fighting and killing each other over money?

It would be SO boring.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Soon, it won't be the fact you got your spoiled rotten child/spouse/family member the gift they coveted over, it will be how many folks you knocked out to get it, or how many hours or days you spent in jail after the confrontation.... "But dad, I don't care if its the xbox ipad videophone/nuclear launching device, you didn't kill anybody to get it! You just don't love me anymore! Wahhhh....."
The concept of christmas is lost in the materialistic stupidity of the masses.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

I think that was the case with the Furbies, Cabbage Patch, and Tickle-Me Elmo crazes!! It wasn't enough to just get one, you had to have either stole it, paid exorbitantly for it, or gone crazy in the store to get it! If someone's parents came home and said, "No honey, there were plenty, it was no problem," then it wasn't worth having, LOL!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I did the black friday thing last night, Got a 40" flat screen to replace my antique goodwill "tube" TV for about 250. Seemed like a good deal, but nothing to kill anyone over. A lot of other deals were OK but not great. I don't see what the big deal is. This morning they still had most of the doorbusters left as of 9:00AM, the computers and most of the big screen TV's were gone, but they still had the $99 wii's, housewares, tools, and smaller electronic gizmops left.

The laptops they had on special are complete pieces of crap btw. Run hot enough to roast marshmallows on.. Gotta love AMD's LOL...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Fist fight between ladies at our local Wally World - over ------- SHEETS... yes bed sheets, big 30 cent savings(reported by sister-in-law who works there)

Don't do the black friday thing, just have enough to get by,,, so I dont "Buy"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join