It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS BEWARE: It is now "off topic" to have opposing views

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thankyou to everyone for your support and input.
Also thanks for starring the post in question

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I had a post of mine removed the other day, cited as "Off-Topic"...

The OP (new member) had inquired about the ratings system, and I simply pointed them to a thread that already covered the topic. My response was neutral at worst.

When I emailed the mod (tothetenthpower) he/she said that my post was not really off topic, but that I didn't phrase my response in a "friendly and engaging manner."

When this type of B.S. starts to get out of hand, that's when I'll be looking for a new discussion site.

edit on 25-11-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
ATS is the controlled opposition. I've been saying it for a while.

Comments are not the only thing to get deleted. ATS is steered as to help form the opinions of it's users.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

I am doing this but as I have no outlet for properly objecting, I figured its a good idea to make a thread. Plus, its the principle. Cheers for the support

consider yourself lucky to have a copy of the comment that was removed. I've had several removed for "ill mannered post" or "extreme T&C violation" and each any every time I've asked the mod who issues the removal to allow me to see the post in question to at least see where I went wrong, or to allow me to exercise my right to complain about an unfair removal.

As you'd expect, those u2u's go unanswered.

As we've learned, moderating is quite subjective. When removing a post, IMO, the mod should be sending a copy of the offending text via a u2u so the user can at least see what got them in trouble.

As it stands, if you are an active poster posting in various threads in a day, you might not have a clue what you said in the post at all, making it IMPOSSIBLE to dispute the removal.

For the most part the mods are doing a great job, but I don't see a post removal being warranted in your case (thankfully someone quoted it) but for all the others who have no recourse but to accept the removal, we're pretty much left hanging.

Also don't ignore the fact that the more people clicking "alert" on your post, the more likely the mods will remove it and be more strict with the rules than in other cases. Some users actually have a following. A group of users dedicated to trying to silence them at any turn, using the alert feature as a method to silence criticism or opposing views.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Question asked and answered.

This isn't going to be a complain about or trash ATS Thread.

If you have a complaint, use the complaint feature located in your member center or
contact a staff member directly.

Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join