It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Universe answer my request ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Long story short :

Its coming up Christmas and my relatives ask me what i would like as a present , i tell them i would love an iPod and/or some comp components (my Power Supply Unit is currently making an annoying ringing noise) and that was roughly a week ago.

So anyway about 4-5 days ago my dad tells me he actually found an iPod in the street, right outside our house !! Of course none of us were sure if it was broken or just out of battery. So anyway today i go down town and buy an iPod charger, and low and behold the iPod actually works !!

So did the universe here my request for an iPod and actually give me one ? Did i just luck out and save a hundred + pounds ? What are ATS' thoughts on this amazing coincidence ?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

What are ATS' thoughts on this amazing coincidence ?

I'm thinking some poor dude is wandering around tuneless having to endure random strangers conversations on the street and on the bus.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I think you should try to find the rightful owner. Those devices are authorized to certain AppleIDs, and can be traced. I'm sure it rightfully belongs to someone.

Also, I don't think the universe works like a giant vending machine that answers material requests, that is unless it's something necessary for your growth as a being. Ultimately what you do is up to you. I just hope you make the choice that will better you as a person, and bring happiness to someone else. We all have things we want, trust me. I'd love to have a new laptop, my house redone, and a vacation, but they're not necessities, they're just wants.

Think of it this way. You returning that item could set something in motion in someone else that ripples farther than you can possibly realize. You have the chance to be the start of something great.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

What are ATS' thoughts on this amazing coincidence ?

I'm thinking some poor dude is wandering around tuneless having to endure random strangers conversations on the street and on the bus.

haha yeah, when i plugged the iPod in it was called 'terry's ipod' , i felt kind of bad so i re-named it 'our iPod' LOL and its strange because i did had a iPod a year or so ago but decided to sell it and ended up really missing it

edit on 25-11-2011 by TruthIncarnate because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BioStatistic

I think you should try to find the rightful owner. Those devices are authorized to certain AppleIDs, and can be traced. I'm sure it rightfully belongs to someone.

Also, I don't think the universe works like a giant vending machine that answers material requests, that is unless it's something necessary for your growth as a being. Ultimately what you do is up to you. I just hope you make the choice that will better you as a person, and bring happiness to someone else. We all have things we want, trust me. I'd love to have a new laptop, my house redone, and a vacation, but they're not necessities, they're just wants.

Think of it this way. You returning that item could set something in motion in someone else that ripples farther than you can possibly realize. You have the chance to be the start of something great.

I understand what you are saying, but my family is very very poor, to have any piece of tech is a luxury for us, my dad knew to teach me not to value physical over meta. Also i would (personally) feel as if i was looking 'a gift horse in the mouth' if i seeked a greater reward by trying to return it to the owner. Ultimately i am the driver of my own actions, and i choose to view this iPod as my own connection to the universal awareness, rather than an object that someone lost because they didnt value it.
edit on 25-11-2011 by TruthIncarnate because: changed 'value this iPod' to 'view this iPod'.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You have much...very much to learn grasshopper. What if Terry had some terrible terminal disease, and HIS ipod, was used to give him a small bit of relief from his fate. You never know...huh.

I find it sad, that you even "know" the name of the person who lost it. Could that have been the Universe giving you the clue, you needed to make a big step in your Spiritual growth? Just something to think about....

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Are serious????? you don't have much money ummmm.. ok so lets see you are going to not try to return something to someone may have worked there ass of for. i mean seriously how old are you . do you even understand what it takes to make a honest living these days... the universe didn't # a ipod out for just because you wanted it... if so wish me a new camaro . i will be watch for that...

what if the poor person that lost it didn't have alot of money either... what if it was a gift from there dad? what if it was only thing of real value they had..

the fact that your dad wouldn't ask you to attempt to return it.... moral character of your family is pathetic... this is a huge problem with society no respect for others just a ME ME ME society ....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......

i am in rage ..... i couldn't do that that is equal to stealing

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

So you're being poor gives you the right to keep someone else's property, that they probably worked to earn? You said your dad taught you better than that. That means you've ignored what he tried to teach you, and you do value physical over meta. I'm sure he'd be proud.

I'm sure Terry is upset over losing his iPod.

I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't disappointed in your choice, and also, the fact that you're keeping someone else's property when you know they're probably looking for it makes you a common thief. I hope Terry has MobileMe active on his device so he can get it back himself since he can't depend on honest people to help him..

You have a lot to learn about having a spiritual connection to the universe. I'd be concerned about what karma would take from me for what I've taken from another.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411

Are serious????? you don't have much money ummmm.. ok so lets see you are going to not try to return something to someone may have worked there ass of for. i mean seriously how old are you . do you even understand what it takes to make a honest living these days... the universe didn't # a ipod out for just because you wanted it... if so wish me a new camaro . i will be watch for that...

what if the poor person that lost it didn't have alot of money either... what if it was a gift from there dad? what if it was only thing of real value they had..

the fact that your dad wouldn't ask you to attempt to return it.... moral character of your family is pathetic... this is a huge problem with society no respect for others just a ME ME ME society ....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......

i am in rage ..... i couldn't do that that is equal to stealing

I totally agree. This is a big problem in society. I work my butt off to make a living and it really gets my blood boiling to hear someone say "because you have it you should give it to me".

I wish people would stop complaining about not having anything, get up, take responsibility for themselves, and contribute to society instead of waiting for it to fall out of the sky for free. Nothing is free, it always costs someone. My family barely had food when I was young. We made it though, and today, I have a good job, an education, and a career...because I took responsibility for myself and made it happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

yeah i ran a search on your screen name.. something pretty interesting has a lot of connecting topics that lead to jesus..
and you are concerned about universe connections interesting again

the reality of life is you are never given anything your are tested in life.

you have FAILED.... man the fail tone from the prices right would be perfect for it to play right now....

this is so pathetic
man i would hate to have your karma

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying, but my family is very very poor, to have any piece of tech is a luxury for us, my dad knew to teach me not to value physical over meta.

Well the "right" thing to do is try to return it. If that isn't an option (if I was in your position it might take some thinking) I suggest at the very least you factory reset the device.

Any music on that device is now technically stolen as that user probably paid for it. As well, it's tagged to their apple account. If returning it is out of the question, wipe it at the very least.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate
Long story short :

Its coming up Christmas and my relatives ask me what i would like as a present , i tell them i would love an iPod and/or some comp components (my Power Supply Unit is currently making an annoying ringing noise) and that was roughly a week ago.

So anyway about 4-5 days ago my dad tells me he actually found an iPod in the street, right outside our house !! Of course none of us were sure if it was broken or just out of battery. So anyway today i go down town and buy an iPod charger, and low and behold the iPod actually works !!

So did the universe here my request for an iPod and actually give me one ? Did i just luck out and save a hundred + pounds ? What are ATS' thoughts on this amazing coincidence ?

I am a band director. A year or so ago, I wrote an article on my blog after reading a book by Albert Pike called Morals and Dogma. The Article was called, Fiat Lux - The Disambiguation of Albert Pike. The article dispelled some of the incorrect information about Pike. He was the founder of Scottish Rite Freemasonry.

One week before writing the article, I received a call on voicemail at work that I had missed. I published the article one week after. Two days after publishing the article, I notice the voicemail. It was a 33 degree mason who lived in a town nearby wanting to donate an instrument to me. The instrument was brand new and only used for a few months. He was tired of it and just wanted a student to have it who was in need.

Are the two connected? I can tell you how many times I have ever been called by a Mason. ZERO. I can tell you how many times I have received a Baritone for free. ZERO. I can tell you the best part of the story next.

Two weeks before I received the call, I was notified that a previous student was moving back to town and the family was homeless. He was wanting to be in band again but needed an instrument. Guess what he played? BARITONE!!!!!

True story.

edit on 25-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

By the way, I would try to find the owner. The greatest gift is the one you return.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

pay no attention to the morality police
while spouting about all the bad karma you can now expect
they ASSume terry was some sort of saint

maybe the previous owner had a lesson from the universe coming
maybe he stole that ipod himself
or earned the money to buy it pimping teenage girls

just do a restore and use it to play meditation music and isochronic tones

remember no "good" deed goes unpunished

maybe whoever dropped it killed the previous owner
think about that before being a good little citizen and drawing the authorities attention to yourself
and do you or anyone telling you to turn it it actually beleive the police are not gonna keep it for themselves.

what's even more laughable is the new agey talk of karma coming from some who are known xtian fanatics

don't let them guilt trip you or make you forget that YOU made that ipod show up on your doorstep

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

pay no attention to the morality police
while spouting about all the bad karma you can now expect
they ASSume terry was some sort of saint

maybe the previous owner had a lesson from the universe coming
maybe he stole that ipod himself
or earned the money to buy it pimping teenage girls

just do a restore and use it to play meditation music and isochronic tones

remember no "good" deed goes unpunished

maybe whoever dropped it killed the previous owner
think about that before being a good little citizen and drawing the authorities attention to yourself
and do you or anyone telling you to turn it it actually beleive the police are not gonna keep it for themselves.

what's even more laughable is the new agey talk of karma coming from some who are known xtian fanatics

don't let them guilt trip you or make you forget that YOU made that ipod show up on your doorstep

known xtian fanatics???? wow ok that really has a big to do here whatever...

no it's a ethical choice that is being made.. and the reverse of logic that is happening i mean the reality is that it is not his property " felt guilt cause it was named terry's " ... hmmm obvious sign what is happening isn't right and was tested at that point...

i don't want to have to work hard for what i get ... when i visit if i see it i will just assume that the universe wants me to have it and take it... same with your car, your wife, what is in your safe, and i will just tell the officer oh it's ok the universe put it in front of me and it is ok.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411

and OP's guilt was not just induced?
is it your ipod? no it aint, so what's it to you, except making op lose said ipod? lol op cant keep ipod cause he used magic to get it, which is really what burns you up.

what's in it for op to take it to the police? you think they're gonna give it back?RLMFAO!!!!!
i've been jailbreaking iphones since the second one came out, you'd be amazed at how many cops have brought me phones to restore,update and jailbreak, that i recognize as belonging to former clients,some even recently deceased and with no family relation to officers, so i know whereof i speak.

what's really hilarious is if something you and other guilt trippers really needed and had prayed for were to show up in a similar fashion you'd be praising the lord and ascribing it to god looking out for you.

get back to me when you address my post in it's entirety. as it seems to have gone WAY over your head.
and i have no interest in your slave morality,
also you shouldn't make threats you have no power to enforce,
as it only emphasizes your weakness.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by GodofWar411

he used magic to get it, which is really what burns you up.REALLY i have no argue ment to the magic junk... except i just fell over laughing yeah it really burns me up someone would actually think that is is magic some poor sap just lost a ipod...

what's in it for op to take it to the police? no he has everything he needs to get the owners info in his pocket

what's really hilarious is if something you and other guilt trippers really needed and had prayed for were to show up in a similar fashion you'd be praising the lord and ascribing it to god looking out for youanother assumption i only believe in god. god doesnt give me anything i make my life what it is and i get what i get cause of my work ethic. i don't pray to get want items.

get back to me when you address my post in it's entirety. as it seems to have gone WAY over your head.no actually it hasn't the fact is it is as simple as someone being a thief
and i have no interest in your slave morality,because i think that people should be respectful of others property,,,, oh how dare i
also you shouldn't make threats you have no power to enforce,
as it only emphasizes your weakness.
i never made a threat i mean seriously at what point did i actually make a threat????? i did make what if statments oh and a if you where part of my family.. but i don't remember a legit threat....

so simply put i answered your post and next time dont make the assumption that its about belief and you don't know a person from past post they put up....
the reality is i hate dishonest people it pisses me off with out skipping a beat. but anyway this convo is going to go nowhere.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Gotta agree with this, its all i have been feeling since i started this thread, how is it that my good luck caused so many to feel so upset and displeased ? Its a symptom that society on large is so desperate for something that they grab and poke anyone who has that 'something', whether it be luck or something deeper....

Its like starving children, when they see someone with a whole loaf of bread they cannot help themselves, they are just so hungry.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Gotta agree with this, its all i have been feeling since i started this thread, how is it that my good luck caused so many to feel so upset and displeased ? Its a symptom that society on large is so desperate for something that they grab and poke anyone who has that 'something', whether it be luck or something deeper....

Its like starving children, when they see someone with a whole loaf of bread they cannot help themselves, they are just so hungry.

this is nothing like a starving child.. sorry my friend.. you can not compare a requirement of life and survival to
a luxury item. seriously if a starving child steals bread from me i would catch him or her and say all you need to do is ask. i catch someone stealing what i worked hard for [luxury items] it will be dealt with in a very different manner.
and this is not a personal attack at you .. this is simply about principal you find something you make a honest attempt to return it if not able to be returned its yours ,fair enough.

but in the end you are the one that has to live with this. to simply put what goes around comes around. so 5/10/15/20 years down the line and you work hard for everything you have and it gets stolen, lost,discarded by mistake and it has a profound effect on you. maybe it has important value be expensive, memories , gift or pass down from lost family. think back to this it will be the universe balancing out the equation....

life is a equation you live in a positive life a negative life or balanced..... you determine how you live not people around you we just place our opinions suggestions and advice ... what you do with it is your own free will..

so good luck and god speed on whatever journey life brings

top topics

join