posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
reply to post by IAMTAT
Did some more thinking on it, and I think the next step is to get a CLEAR copy of the letters. If the inscription is real (and it may be), then
there'll be a list of the symbols somewhere along with interpretation (or words... I could be wrong and it could be an inscription. Let's assume
that it is.)
So -- I'd like to proceed as if this is actually is what it was presented. So we can say that it's:
* from a dig in Crimea
* the dig done possibly 70 years ago or more (so it's a KNOWN culture, with papers on it)
* a bowl with possibly ceremonial or magical purposes
* the bowl found with objects that are in some museums (but this wasn't a museum-worthy piece. Back then, they would donate the best to museums and
to their universities and some sponsors (earlier, the pieces were given to the dig sponsor)).
What does the purple stamp say?
Things to do:
* trace or copy the inscription
* look for major archaeological sites in the Crimea and see what cultures they're uncovering there.