It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Translating Ancient Mysterious Artifact

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thanks, TAT, I am looking forward to viewing the rest of the inscriptions.

I'll also toss out the mortar theory, and with it the srcying bowl theory. As you stated, no wear from grinding, and typically, scrying bowls were smooth and plain on the inside. Neither of those explanations fit very well, IMO.

I'm leaning towards ceremonial bowl, but will expound my theory in a bit. I have a few errands to run, and will be AFK for a short while.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hopefully we'll have more symbols for you when you return. Thanks...TAT

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

These are the photos of the rim.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Looks like a couple of the symbols translate out to "stone from ancestral land." I would agree with the bowl being some kind of ritualistic artifact. It may have been used to hold paint, holy water, or drugs for religious use. The scrying idea is very interesting too.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe7pack
Looks like a couple of the symbols translate out to "stone from ancestral land." I would agree with the bowl being some kind of ritualistic artifact. It may have been used to hold paint, holy water, or drugs for religious use. The scrying idea is very interesting too.

Thanks Joe...that is the first part of the actual translation we have received. Any idea which "ancestral land"?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Originally posted by ArcAngel
Hi all,

I was at my brother in law's house for Thanksgiving and he has a nice collection of antiquities. One in particular caught my eye and started a discussion on druid, avery stones in the UK, etc. It looks like mortar and is about 10 inches wide.

Anywho, I took some pictures of the writing and if anyone (Zorgon this means you) could tell me what this means, I would appreciate it.

imageshack.us...
imageshack.us...

This is the Gothic Alphebet. Dates from around 4th Century. From the looks of it, I would say it is real. The circle with a dot means the sun. It's a basic system borrowed from Greek. It could have alchemical meaning.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by ArcAngel

Haven't seen this one yet.

Gothic Rune Alphabet

Google that and click on images and you get a bunch of translation images plus web sites.

This looks like Elder Futhark...and shows similarities with many of the characters.

Gothic, which is what is on the bowl seems to be, consists of two runes. I read this somewhere.
edit on 26-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

edit on 26-11-2011 by MysteriousEyes1 because: To delete photos.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sorry about that.

Here they are again.

edit on 26-11-2011 by ArcAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

wow what a lovely thing. I have no idea what it is though....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1

These are the photos of the rim.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The way of the the Solar King and Luna Queen, and the bowl is for the heating of steaming water, this is similar to the Kabllaistic wisdom's of Sufi, and Nostradamus speaks of its use

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bulla
The way of the the Solar King and Luna Queen, and the bowl is for the heating of steaming water, this is similar to the Kabllaistic wisdom's of Sufi, and Nostradamus speaks of its use

The rays of the sun and the four serpents of wisdom

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Hello,
Is this a portion of a translation from the artifact? Your idea of the bowl heating water for steam makes sense, as there are definitely calcium deposits in the concave face of the artifact...On the flip side, however, there doesn't appear to be any carbon or scorch marks on the underside from extreme heating. Thoughts?...please continue your translation...I am very interested in learning more. -TAT

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Hello,
Is this a portion of a translation from the artifact? Your idea of the bowl heating water for steam makes sense, as there are definitely calcium deposits in the concave face of the artifact...On the flip side, however, there doesn't appear to be any carbon or scorch marks on the underside from extreme heating. Thoughts?...please continue your translation...I am very interested in learning more. -TAT

It is not my intention to get get into any debates over the lettering, However, I say its describing Aramaic Practice, it tells me that it is an original item, and in the world of wisdom and ancient knowledge, that existed prior to religion, or what is possessed is equivalent to a 12,000 year old scientific knowledge, that has since been lost, or until that bowl appeared

As to its value, there are just somethings on this planet that are above value, it is a unique piece, in mankind past ancient history, and I would say, have a good look, as it, like all the other pieces of the puzzle, will vanish without a trace

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Hello,

It is not my intention to get get into any debates over the lettering, However, I say its describing Aramaic Practice, it tells me that it is an original item, and in the world of wisdom and ancient knowledge, that existed prior to religion, or what is possessed is equivalent to a 12,000 year old scientific knowledge, that has since been lost, or until that bowl appeared

As to its value, there are just somethings on this planet that are above value, it is a unique piece, in mankind past ancient history, and I would say, have a good look, as it, like all the other pieces of the puzzle, will vanish without a trace

Bottom, formula Equation, read in up down columns, not across

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Inside bowl, center emblem, read as Aquarius, the water bringer, the same as the head of the Sphinx, the bringer of water, and the only human face in the star signs

the 13 dots surrounding, the elliptical sphere, the 13 planets in the constellation

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Inside bowl, center emblem, read as Aquarius, the water bringer, the same as the head of the Sphinx, the bringer of water, and the only human face in the star signs

the 13 dots surrounding, the elliptical sphere, the 13 planets in the constellation

Bottom of bowl, Top, the 9 rays of the sun, the Solar King, Far right the four serpents under the roof of the sky, the Luna Queen, the Queen of, Mists

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Bottom of bowl, Top, the 9 rays of the sun, the Solar King, Far right the four serpents under the roof of the sky, the Luna Queen, the Queen of, Mists

If you wanted me to guess where this bowl belongs, then my guess is, from center stage King Solamans Temple

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

If you wanted me to guess where this bowl belongs, then my guess is, from center stage King Solamans Temple

and it is not for the boiling of the water, it is for the holding of the boiled water, being the center piece that stands in upon a pedestal situated in front of the ARK of Covenant within the Temples entrance where by it is struck at dawn by the rays of the sun, and is said to open the channels of communication with the next world

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join