It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Translating Ancient Mysterious Artifact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Definitely alchemy. The center thing that look like a bulb is a crucible.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hello,
My Brother-in-Law (ArcAngel) posted this for me this morning while he was visiting (He is currently en route home).
Many of you have asked for morE details regarding this object; here is what I know:

The piece is Granite or Basalt. It was purchased through an antiquities dealer in New York, representing a private Austrian collection. I was told that it was originally unearthed from an early dig in Cheresones (Crimea) and that it might be some form of Greek or early Etruscan. My personal belief is that it's symbols may possibly be alchemical in nature (as some have already suggested). What is not present in the two photographs ArcAngel sent, are the additional glyphs/symbols which circuit the outer rim of this artifact...these are similar to those present on the top and bottom. -TAT

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Here is the key to translation. Gothic Alphabet with two Runes.

LINK
edit on 25-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Thank you...I can recognize some similarities.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Hello,
My Brother-in-Law (ArcAngel) posted this for me this morning while he was visiting (He is currently en route home).
Many of you have asked for morE details regarding this object; here is what I know:

The piece is Granite or Basalt. It was purchased through an antiquities dealer in New York, representing a private Austrian collection. I was told that it was originally unearthed from an early dig in Cheresones (Crimea) and that it might be some form of Greek or early Etruscan. My personal belief is that it's symbols may possibly be alchemical in nature (as some have already suggested). What is not present in the two photographs ArcAngel sent, are the additional glyphs/symbols which circuit the outer rim of this artifact...these are similar to those present on the top and bottom. -TAT

greetings

i would say the script is dabogete

which is a relative of etruscan and greek with a little scythian/sarmation/getae thrown in.

black andesite was their sacred rock and it would be a decapitated head in the centre.

ps. there are some nutters out there that would love it to pieces. its a dream come true.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Parta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It doesn't look like an alphabet to my eyes .

I can see that few of these signs actually are being used as family signatures amongs past and current Eurasian population .

I can spot the Basque , Ossetian , Mongolian , Hungarian , Kabardian , Turkic , Achaemenid , Abazin family signs a.k.a Tamgas on these rocks .

www.kroraina.com...

2 pence
edit on 25-11-2011 by 23432 because: add

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Is it your opinion then, that this might represent an ancient family tree or history? It was most likely a burial piece.
If so, what story might it be attempting to convey?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

greetings

i would say the script is dabogete

which is a relative of etruscan and greek with a little scythian/sarmation/getae thrown in.

black andesite was their sacred rock and it would be a decapitated head in the centre.

ps. there are some nutters out there that would love it to pieces. its a dream come true.

Thank you, up close, the central symbol doesn't look like a severed head...I has been suggested to me that it mat representing a womb...or the Great Mother.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thanks all for the intelligent responses! It's times like these that make me real proud of ATS!

Could it be a scrying pool? It hit me while I was driving home. A shallow bowl with inscriptions. Kind of like what Nostradamus used?

en.wikipedia.org...

Truly a unique object!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

reply to post by 23432

Is it your opinion then, that this might represent an ancient family tree or history? It was most likely a burial piece.
If so, what story might it be attempting to convey?

IMHO these two pieces of rocks are depicting the families of various tribes .

Simply put , it can be a sign which declares the identity of the people's of a village / settlement while marking the boundaries of the very same village / settlement. .

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Welcome back ArcAngel; I trust your journey was a safe and happy one.
I like the skrying pool idea...It has occured to me that this might have been a function of this artifact, as well. If memory serves, my initial and limited research of the Chersonnes archeological dig did mention that it was possibly a settlement of Archons or Gnostic Priests.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Thank you, up close, the central symbol doesn't look like a severed head...I has been suggested to me that it mat representing a womb...or the Great Mother.

yes it could be a yoni. very realistic representation. you recon those are ovaries sticking out the sides?

on the blacksea the mother goddess was as important as the head

the mother goddess and the head on tripod shared a temple

closeup

here he is in his earliest post decapitation form

on his pyramid

with his bandages and big ears later when he aged poorly

i wish it was dabogete obviously. it would be very important.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

yes it could be a yoni. very realistic representation. you recon those are ovaries sticking out the sides?

on the blacksea the mother goddess was as important as the head

the mother goddess and the head on tripod shared a temple

closeup

here he is in his earliest post decapitation form

on his pyramid

with his bandages and big ears later when he aged poorly

i wish it was dabogete obviously. it would be very important.

You are obviously very well educated on this subject...and I thank you and others for your thoughts and ideas regarding this odd artifact. One point worth considering about the central carving (on the concave face of this bowl) is the fact that a sigma-type character is located within it's center (though this may not be readily visible in the photo).
Also, on the bottom side, the large 'sunrise' glyph which sits atop the decending columns of letters, as well as the comet-like glyph (to the side)...are most perplexing. Do you know anything of these? -TAT

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Definitely alchemy. The center thing that look like a bulb is a crucible.

At first glance I concur... Gothic Alphabet and Alchemy. I will take some time to try to match the symbols.

Dot in a circle is also alchemy symbol for gold

ETA:]

If memory serves, my initial and limited research of the Chersonnes archeological dig did mention that it was possibly a settlement of Archons or Gnostic Priests.

That would support the Alchemy concept

edit on 25-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Is it just me or does some of those symbols look Egyptian??

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

One point worth considering about the central carving (on the concave face of this bowl) is the fact that a sigma-type character is located within it's center (though this may not be readily visible in the photo).
Also, on the bottom side, the large 'sunrise' glyph which sits atop the decending columns of letters, as well as the comet-like glyph (to the side)...are most perplexing. Do you know anything of these? -TAT

the head would appear in egypt as the hierglyph hr. your carving really looks like a defaced hr but its just the picture. that would be too good to be true.

on the reverse i would say they are the sun and a comet. the same folks who came up with the head made this "comet" pot.

i can think of a cylinder seal with that comet symbol too.

this dabogete would be a proto gothic.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Those plates are the Sinaia Lead Plates, and there is question as to their authenticity

www.thelivingmoon.com...

They are all cataloged here
Dan Romalo - Cronica Geta Apocrifa Pe Placi de Plumb

A PDF copy is available via the above link

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by IAMTAT

Those plates are the Sinaia Lead Plates, and there is question as to their authenticity

www.thelivingmoon.com...

They are all cataloged here
Dan Romalo - Cronica Geta Apocrifa Pe Placi de Plumb

A PDF copy is available via the above link

exactly. this would be an important bowl.

just to update. the lead is the same as the lead that is holding the rocks together at the dacian capital so the 19th century lead issue is not a killer anymore.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just for a good reference and something to bookmark,ancient scripts from around the world.

www.ancientscripts.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Just for a good reference and something to bookmark,ancient scripts from around the world.

www.ancientscripts.com...

Thank you; wonderful reference. Unfortunately, I'm not finding a match yet. Will definitely bookmark this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join